PPF: Dak's contract projection

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Many of you will think I'm absolutely crazy here, but I'm not 100% sure the teams will see increased profits in 2022. If viewership continues to drop, the whole industry may be in for a shock. Say / think what you will, but we've entered crazy times and I'm not sure we'll ever see normal again.
You are right we won't see normal again. The profits will be higher than ever. Levels we have never seen before.

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
Saying that someone is a better QB than Dak isn't saying a whole lot, Fields can probably hit a WR in stride better than Dak. I don't know if I've ever seen a QB throw high or behind as much as Dak does.
100%, he would be far and away the worst QB in the playoffs outside of Washington. If he didn't wear a Star, he wouldn't be looked upom anywhere near as favorably by this fan base... Just sheep doing sheep stuff.
Do you have any evidence to backup your claims of Dak's inaccuracies? Not that I'm saying your eye for QBs is trash, but saying stuff like this without facts/stats... is just an opinion.

Last edited:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
100%, he would be far and away the worst QB in the playoffs outside of Washington. If he didn't wear a Star, he wouldn't be looked upom anywhere near as favorably by this fan base... Just sheep doing sheep stuff.

"This fan base" has nothing to do with PFF's projection. Perhaps you should share some of your keen insights with them? I'm sure they'll be impressed.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm not opposed to Dak being re-signed, although, not for anything especially close to $40 million. Anyhow, a capable backup would seem highly advisable. Here's hoping they'll act wisely in that regard. I'm not especially encouraged that the coming bargaining sessions will be too far removed from that of last year. $36mil for 5 years seems a likely settling point for Dak, although, I'm inclined to anticipate he may demand something more. It seems like the days of being team friendly are over now. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
I think 33per is plenty. But we will see what happens. I fully expect him to be tagged again.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Fields is a better QB than Dak?

:laugh:

Dude for some of these idiots the two kids starting in the Texas state championships this weekend are better than Dak. These people want ANYBODY but Dak as their QB. And of course if Dak signs elsewhere and goes onto greatness they will be right here telling us that they knew all along and the Cowboys should have signed him when they had the chance. It's the internet man.. that's just the way it works..

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Do you have any evidence to backup your claims of Dak's inaccuracies? Not that I'm saying your eye for QBs is trash, but saying stuff like this without facts/stats... is just an opinion.

I'll say it for you.. his eye for QBs is trash. This, my friend, is what is referred to as "trolling." Dak completed 68% of his passes and his receivers were leading the NFL in yards after the catch until he was injured. Dak was also rated as the #2 deepball thrower in the NFL in 2019 behind Russell Wilson and if I'm not mistaken was leading the league in throws of more than 20 yards when he was injured. In short, there are ZERO facts to back up these idiotic assertions that these people make. But that won't stop them from making them.. The mere fact that anyone responds to them gives them a boner..

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I'll say it for you.. his eye for QBs is trash. This, my friend, is what is referred to as "trolling." Dak completed 68% of his passes and his receivers were leading the NFL in yards after the catch until he was injured. Dak was also rated as the #2 deepball thrower in the NFL in 2019 behind Russell Wilson and if I'm not mistaken was leading the league in throws of more than 20 yards when he was injured. In short, there are ZERO facts to back up these idiotic assertions that these people make. But that won't stop them from making them.. The mere fact that anyone responds to them gives them a boner..

+1 ...well said

Gaede

Reaction score

100% true. Great post. I have never seen the goal posts move so much in the judgement of a player. First he wasn't accurate. Except he is. Then he couldn't throw it deep. Except he does. Then he couldn't top 200 yds in a game. Except he has, time and time again. Then he just couldn't win. Bla bla bla. It's absolutely ridiculous that 'fans' have all of these 'requirements', and then when Dak surpasses them with ease (which any idiot can observe with objective, statistical proof), they move on to some other seemingly unobtainable goal. And when he reaches that goal, they find a new one. This has happened from day 1 of his rookie year and will continue until he retires.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Strictly talking about your prediction..., the guaranteed portion on this 4 year deal ($115 million fully guaranteed with $75 million at signing) comes out to around $18.75 million guaranteed average per year. If the Cowboys left the total (without guarantees) the same at $158 million, but added an extra year (from 4 years to a 5 year deal) while keeping the total guaranteed portion at $115 million but adding an extra $18.75 million to the fully guaranteed portion at signing of $75 million, thus upping the guaranteed at signing portion to roughly $94 million of guaranteed money, it would look something like this:

5 years, $158 million ($31.6M APY): $115M total guaranteed, $94 million fully guaranteed at signing.

Would this work and be better for both parties?
Uh...the AAV goes up the longer you sign him for. No idea where $31.6 comes from, totally unrealistic.

And why would Dak add another year without adding money? If you want to get him for 5 years, your AAV is going to be closer to 50 than 30, because you have to compensate for how the cap is going to explode.