News: Practice Points: Without Lamb, WR Depth Tested

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Not disagreeing with you, but I think it's more weak NFL and NFLPA. They are the ones responsible for the lackadaisicalness in this league.
1000% agree but with such limited practices and limited physical practices every one is even more important than it was years ago.

dogberry

Reaction score
Good to see a diversity summit.

The lack of White cornerbacks is a scandal.

Remember any variance from population norms is discrimination.

quickccc

Reaction score
- From just the notes alone, I’m assuming that “ when” Tyron Smith gets hurt and out.. the other Smith, … Tyler will be immediately sliding over to emergency LT.

- Dunno yet to make of backups Josh Ball and Matt Waletzko, until they show some development in camp/preseason play
I only assume now that top OG reserves will be Conner McGovern and Matt Farniko - when Tyler moves over to needy LT.

- Much is talked about TJ Vashar,.. but I had wonder what Brandon Smith, who club gave a good bonus to sign on as undrafted rookie last year. Seems to have some smoothness to him.
He’s one of my look out for pleasant surprises this summer, this year

- I would’ve thought club would bring in more body camp help at TE. Thought Jeremy Sprinkles was brought back, but .. .

Doomsday101

Reaction score
- From just the notes alone, I’m assuming that “ when” Tyron Smith gets hurt and out.. the other Smith, … Tyler will be immediately sliding over to emergency LT.

- Dunno yet to make of backups Josh Ball and Matt Waletzko, until they show some development in camp/preseason play
I only assume now that top OG reserves will be Conner McGovern and Matt Farniko - when Tyler moves over to needy LT.

- Much is talked about TJ Vashar,.. but I had wonder what Brandon Smith, who club gave a good bonus to sign on as undrafted rookie last year. Seems to have some smoothness to him.
He’s one of my look out for pleasant surprises this summer, this year

- I would’ve thought club would bring in more body camp help at TE. Thought Jeremy Sprinkles was brought back, but .. .

Dallas has 6 TE on the roster right now not sure we need to add any more

chagus

Reaction score
Remember how bad this team was playing before Cooper was signed back in 2018? Get ready for some more of that. The Dak homers still try to convince everyone that the 2018 turnaround was all Dak when that clearly wasn't the case.

Yes, because thats exactly what this post was about.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
  • Tyler Smith continues to work on the left side, both at tackle and guard. He rotated with Tyron Smith at tackle and also rotated with Connor McGovern at guard as well.
  • Rookie WR Jalen Tolbert was back in the mix after missing a couple of weeks of OTAs with hamstring issues. Tolbert had a few nice catches during the team drills.

Are they actually going to be sensible and cross train Tyler Smith at LT? Sanity is so much to hope for, but maybe.

WR with hammy problems. Great.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just curious but are any other teams having knock'em dead OTA's?

All of these coaches just want to get a look see at the conditioning of these guys because OTA's are a contrivance to keep the NFL in front of the public during down time and when other sports are in playoffs. It's all about giving the talking heads something to talk about when there is little to talk about. This is all by design.

Players used to show up for camp and most of the big uglies had to get in shape because they'd been working their off season jobs and chowing down and they had fewer injuries then today's players.

How in the hell can any team have Organized Team Activities without the full team? It's stupid, sounds like some motivational camp getaway culminating in a tug-o-war.