Twitter: Practice report

plymkr

Reaction score
High ankle sprain, it's a 4 to 6 month injury to fully recover...one thing to run in the straight line, it's a different thing to stop, change direction and push off.....
In Irving's case its 4-6 year recovery time.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Freaking Irving. This guy collects checks. He could have helped this D-Line so much. Wonder if he is holding out till the playoffs if we make it or if he is done for the year.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Freaking Irving. This guy collects checks. He could have helped this D-Line so much. Wonder if he is holding out till the playoffs if we make it or if he is done for the year.
I think between the high ankle and his personal issues, he is done.

The ankle thing is about where I give him a pass at this point.

Going through a custody thing is tough to deal with, sure.

He just has a lot of issues. I am not going to blast him simply for the main point that the team is more than willing to bend over backwards for him.

I understand why they do, but I just question their level of patience and why exactly it is that Jones keeps talking about him.

glimmerman

Reaction score
In Irving's case its 4-6 year recovery time.
Maybe he ne
I think between the high ankle and his personal issues, he is done.

The ankle thing is about where I give him a pass at this point.

Going through a custody thing is tough to deal with, sure.

He just has a lot of issues. I am not going to blast him simply for the main point that the team is more than willing to bend over backwards for him.

I understand why they do, but I just question their level of patience and why exactly it is that Jones keeps talking about him.
i get that he has a lot of BAD issues. Personal and physical. Some he brings on himself. The weed and roids was on him. This team has bent over backwards and kind of depended on him. He would bring so much to this team. One of the few that can truly just take over a game. This his is why JJ has stuck with him and kept his name in the media in a positive way. He knows Irving sees this and wants him to know he is wanted and needed.. JJ has a soft heart to sometimes his and his teams detriment.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Attitude crushing any talent he has, same with Taco Charlton.

Hopefully, both get a reality check before we have to toss them to the curb. I hate seeing talent go to waste. (Not saying Taco has a lot of talent, but I'd like to at least see him give it everything he's got so that we can find out.)

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Irving's dead to me.
Hope they can keep Martin on ice for this next game and until the playoffs. Most important on the list is Filo at this point and Brown is next.
Hey, Denver! Just how bad was that left eye gouge suffered by our #76 ?,,, I caught a single " TWEET" a day after the game& after that, nothing being shoveled to elevate the fandom's ire,,,&,,, that ain't the way I roll:mad:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Obviously, there are many on this roster who have been "limited" in practice this week.

Hopefully, most of them will be doing whatever they can to pitch in to aid our cause. :)

Mr_437

Reaction score
Man, I didn't know DAL was this healthy. Heck, I thought Swaim was on IR, but maybe he can work in during the playoffs. David Irving is saving it all for the playoffs.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Limited McCoy and JPP for Tampa Bay - you never enjoy seeing athletes being hurt, but I'd be lying if I said that wasn't a huge positive for the Cowboys.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
Hey, Denver! Just how bad was that left eye gouge suffered by our #76 ?,,, I caught a single " TWEET" a day after the game& after that, nothing being shoveled to elevate the fandom's ire,,,&,,, that ain't the way I roll:mad:
I did not see it either but heard it was pretty gory as it was hanging loose in the socket. Just what I heard. Not fun to experience no matter ones threshold of pain.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
About Irving:

I don't know the details of his custody battle, but I know that I left an outstanding job in '87 to secure custody of my daughter. Went from a six figure salary at 26 and huge career upside to starting completely over. First year after that mess I made less than $30k.

Best decision I made in my entire life. Some things are more important than money/football. I hope he gets it together. He's an incredible talent, but I'm not holding my breath.
Salud!!! Family first!

Sydla

Reaction score
told you guys, put him up for a tender. oh nooooooes SS we need him. You got it,

LOL. Yep, people were scared the Cowboys had made a mistake only offering the 2nd round tender and that some team would swoop in and steal him.

How many would take that 2nd rounder now? I’d hope a lot of them.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
LOL. Yep, people were scared the Cowboys had made a mistake only offering the 2nd round tender and that some team would swoop in and steal him.

are the Raiders in need?

LarryCanadian

Reaction score
About Irving:

I don't know the details of his custody battle, but I know that I left an outstanding job in '87 to secure custody of my daughter. Went from a six figure salary at 26 and huge career upside to starting completely over. First year after that mess I made less than $30k.

Best decision I made in my entire life. Some things are more important than money/football. I hope he gets it together. He's an incredible talent, but I'm not holding my breath.

Kudos to you - I did something similar and never regretted it either - got an 18 year old in University now......Irving has issues beyond Custody stuff I think, but I don't disrespect this aspect of his issues at least. And he does have a high-ankle sprain - I just don't know what kind of effort he makes to work out rest of his body, rehab that injury and others, study the play book, do cardio (swim, bike, underwater treadmill - whatever)......I'm guessing minimal and that he gets caught up in the drama and likely lacks the experience/maturity to deal with the whacko baby mom (ufc fighter or wrestler with a temper and manic personality if I remember).....Tough one - waste of his football talent......

Melonfeud

Reaction score

:rolleyes:,,,er,,, yer' duly sworn & authorized presently my Friend& Esteemed Fellow in packin' all the sand you can into his NFL-ish blow-hole of playerdom,,, Cuz' that #95 has given ME an indefensible/ untenable position in which to defend:confused:

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Kudos to you - I did something similar and never regretted it either - got an 18 year old in University now......Irving has issues beyond Custody stuff I think, but I don't disrespect this aspect of his issues at least. And he does have a high-ankle sprain - I just don't know what kind of effort he makes to work out rest of his body, rehab that injury and others, study the play book, do cardio (swim, bike, underwater treadmill - whatever)......I'm guessing minimal and that he gets caught up in the drama and likely lacks the experience/maturity to deal with the whacko baby mom (ufc fighter or wrestler with a temper and manic personality if I remember).....Tough one - waste of his football talent......
I kinda admired the pile of fusuils that were attributively laid upon our single season man,,, GREG HARDY ya- know?,,, but,,, this CONDOR TYPE SCREAMING FLYING CAT of #95 gives up nothing but wistfulness,,,:(

o_O:facepalm:o_O,,,(I am about his #1 stalwart forum fan,BTWo_O)

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
About Irving:

Irving is actually hurting his daughter by not showing up or making that extra effort to play. He already has custody of his daughter. You still need to work to provide for your child/children.