Practice squad thread

Smith22

Reaction score
Coyle is a Safety and Joseph is a pure CB. They have ample Safety depth, but need the bodies after the top 3 corners.

Makes complete sense why they did this. Also Joseph is a 2nd round pick, I know he’s had some troubles but the likelihood he’s claimed is infinitely higher than Coyle’s.

It’s not as cut and dry as who played better in preseason or who has better measurables.

100% what you said.

And yes, Joseph has been disappointing, but he wouldn't make it to PS if he was cut.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
2022 Dallas Cowboys Practice Squad

Who is Qadree Ollison?

What's the deal with Shampklin?

reddyuta

Reaction score
Aviante Collins looked bad in pre season,i think they only signed him to PS because they need an OT

Carson

Reaction score
Who is Qadree Ollison?

What's the deal with Shampklin?
Ollison is a 6’1, 232 power back drafted by Dan Quinn. Has scored a few TDs in the league. Gives you a vet presence behind 20+21, of Dowdle goes down like Corey Clement did last season.

817Gill

Reaction score
Tyler Coyle is a "Free" Safety which means he can cover most receivers. He looks better than Kelvin Joseph does. Or do you disagree?
Uh a free safety literally means the safety is free to roam the open field lol. They do a lot less 1 on 1 coverage than a CB. Still two different positions my man.

Who looked better is irrelevant when they are two different position groups. The decision comes down to roster numbers more than it does preseason play.

Carson

Reaction score
Aviante Collins looked bad in pre season,i think they only signed him to PS because they need an OT
He’s another guy who is 29 (30 in April) that I just don’t see why we keep bringing back. He is no upgrade over Waletzko or Ball. His production can be replicated by any OT off the street