Twitter: Practice Tweets - 12/13/13

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Brandon George ‏@DMN_George 9m
Cowboys LB Sean Lee, who was limited in practice last 2 days, is not at practice early on today. Strained his neck Monday night at Chicago.

Charean Williams ‏@NFLCharean 10m
It is Durant at MLB in Lee's place alongside Sims and Wilber.

Desmond Purnell ‏@DesmondPurnell 3m
Dwayne Harris rehabbing today. Will not play against The Packers (hamstring) pic.twitter.com/2eLY6L3ax4
BbYT0FfCYAA21jp.jpg

Bryan Broaddus ‏@BryanBroaddus 14m
@corkais51: @BryanBroaddus whats the word on mo claiborne?” OUT. Been dealing with death of father plus injury.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
Lee needs to just get healthy for the offseason

Harris too. We'll need both next season

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Wilber and Durant will need to play the games of their lives to cover for Sims' ineptitude

tomsanders921

Reaction score
Add to all this Rodgers may very well play sunday. If so, expect another 400 yard passing game against us.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Claiborne...collasal bust

Death of a father is a pretty traumatic thing for a guy to go through. Cut the guy some slack this week.

We don't talk much about how much having that third quality (yes, I said 'quality') press CB out there has hurt us recently. Claiborne's play on the field has been spotty, but he's capable of playing effective press, and with out him in there, we've really been limited in what we can do in coverage. It's been a bigger loss than the quality of his play would indicate, because it's made us work around schematically some of the things we'd probably like to do right now. I'd really like to see him back next week if that's at all possible.

tomsanders921

Reaction score
Death of a father is a pretty traumatic thing for a guy to go through. Cut the guy some slack this week.

We don't talk much about how much having that third quality (yes, I said 'quality') press CB out there has hurt us recently. Claiborne's play on the field has been spotty, but he's capable of playing effective press, and with out him in there, we've really been limited in what we can do in coverage. It's been a bigger loss than the quality of his play would indicate, because it's made us work around schematically some of the things we'd probably like to do right now. I'd really like to see him back next week if that's at all possible.

I think the loss of claiborne is bigger than most people think. He has not been good this season, but with him playing, we get bw webb off the field and scandrick gets to go back in the slot.

It just seems like this guy is always hurt. It's weird how the guy we draft to replace mike jenkins has the same problem with staying on the field.

CaptainMorgan

Reaction score

Didnt even take his fathers death Into account.

Purely based off his play and durability

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score

Agreed x1000. This defense is bad. Without Mo in there it is catastrophic.
Mo needs to get healthy and be ready to cover versus Philly like he did in the first match up.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Didnt even take his fathers death Into account.

Purely based off his play and durability

the amount of games and the poor quality of his play are both heinously overblown.
he needs to work on strengthening his frame and playing with better technique but he can flat cover people and he will play the ball.
that pretty much makes him unique on this roster.
scandrick can cover but doesnt play the ball, carr will play the ball and is physical.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think the loss of claiborne is bigger than most people think. He has not been good this season, but with him playing, we get bw webb off the field and scandrick gets to go back in the slot.

It just seems like this guy is always hurt. It's weird how the guy we draft to replace mike jenkins has the same problem with staying on the field.

It's really frustrating. Especially for a guy who didn't have an injury red flag on him coming out of college. For the record, Mo's been a big disappointment, but he's far from a busted pick altogether. What he really needed this year was some experience an confidence. But any player that earns Dez's respect playing press in camp is somebody who can give you quality snaps. Maybe he's not a guy you extend on a second contract--which in itself would be a colossal disappointment given his draft status--but he's not an outright bust, and he's got the ceiling to be a much better player in time.

tomsanders921

Reaction score
It's really frustrating. Especially for a guy who didn't have an injury red flag on him coming out of college. For the record, Mo's been a big disappointment, but he's far from a busted pick altogether. What he really needed this year was some experience an confidence. But any player that earns Dez's respect playing press in camp is somebody who can give you quality snaps. Maybe he's not a guy you extend on a second contract--which in itself would be a colossal disappointment given his draft status--but he's not an outright bust, and he's got the ceiling to be a much better player in time.

I wouldn't read too much into what you hear about what goes on in practice.

All the news coming out of camp this year was that ware was manhandling tyron smith. Well, its been the exact opposite when they actually play the real games. Tyron is manhandling whoever he faces every week. Ware is getting handled one on one consistently.

Dcowboy84

Reaction score
i think the main reason people are so quickly giving Mo the "bust" label is because he wasn't just a 1st round pick but was a 1st & 2nd round pick b/c we traded up to get him. so it's more an issue of what could have been had with those 2 picks and the fact that Mo hasn't been the reincarnation of Deion out there.

if he had fallen to our original pick that year, #12 i think, and we took him there we'd probably be hearing more about how unfortunate his sophomore slump has been this year rather than deeming him a complete failure in his 2nd year in the NFL

it's already been said that schematically our defense is different with him out there b/c it allows Scandrick to do other things and removes Webb from playing the primary slot receivers.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
mo is in the same mold as mike Jenkins andfelix jones with they would of stayed put and drafted d line
and linebacker another bust another wasted pick

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Yes, people focus on him not living up to his draft status, but the nickel package is significantly better when he is on the field with Scandrick in the slot instead of Webb or Moore.

CaptainMorgan

Reaction score
the amount of games and the poor quality of his play are both heinously overblown.
he needs to work on strengthening his frame and playing with better technique but he can flat cover people and he will play the ball.
that pretty much makes him unique on this roster.
scandrick can cover but doesnt play the ball, carr will play the ball and is physical.

Im sorry I have not seen that from claiborne this season. I see a corner that has no confidence and plays with too much cushion.

For being a 6th overall pick he has been very dissapointing. I hope he can turn it around but he is frail and when you add that to his lack of confidence its doubtful he will.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wouldn't read too much into what you hear about what goes on in practice.

All the news coming out of camp this year was that ware was manhandling tyron smith. Well, its been the exact opposite when they actually play the real games. Tyron is manhandling whoever he faces every week. Ware is getting handled one on one consistently.

There's a difference, though, between what you hear coming out of camp and what the players are specifically saying. When players are calling guys out by name, that's usually a good sign, in my book. Like Witten talking about Dunbar early in camp. Dez was explicitly saying that he thinks Claiborne is going to be one of the best CBs in the league, and he was saying that after going up against both him and Carr. Now, that obviously hasn't happened, but it's a sign that the guy is capable of doing some things right, at least.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Lee is just injury prone. Even more so than Murray, but not as much as Austin. It sucks too because those 3 people I just mentioned are important , very important to our team.