Prayer or protest?

Reaction score
...and so the civil war begins. :(
oh, it began but there's nothing "civil" about it. The alt/far-lefters have a rabid hatred for Trump. They rather see him fail then America prosper, even if it's to their own detriment.

I've learned long ago there's no dialog, discussion, etc to sway them. I entertained the possibility of engaging in some dialog here thinking it's a Cowboys forum and at least we have something in common that may bridge a civil discussion.

Nope.....it's all or nothing, no middle ground, no bend.....nothing. And then they will use their identity tactics to define, insult and minimize you.

So in summary, you're wasting your time - stick to football my friend.

Last edited:

superonyx

Reaction score
It was a protest. It was a gesture of solidarity with the rest of the NFL after the POTUS ranted about players kneeling during the anthem.

The gesture wouldnt have occured otherwise
You nailed it.

The teams in the league were showing the country and big Stupid that they all have each other’s backs and all support some players rights to protest. Regardless of how one feels about the issues being protested as a American we should all fight for others Americans rights to say/express what they want.

It’s amazing how bent out of shape some people get when someone says something they don’t agree with. Can’t we at least respect others rights to speak or express what’s on their minds.
The “right” are all about the constitution when a conservative wants to speak hate on a colllege campus but when the speech is something they don’t agree with they get so angry.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
You nailed it.

The teams in the league were showing the country and big Stupid that they all have each other’s backs and all support some players rights to protest. Regardless of how one feels about the issues being protested as a American we should all fight for others Americans rights to say/express what they want.

It’s amazing how bent out of shape some people get when someone says something they don’t agree with. Can’t we at least respect others rights to speak or express what’s on their minds.
The “right” are all about the constitution when a conservative wants to speak hate on a colllege campus but when the speech is something they don’t agree with they get so angry.
You can call him all the names you want but Kap and BLM got Trump elected and all these protests are just assuring another 4 more years....... thanks

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
oh, it began but there's nothing "civil" about it. The lefts have a rabid hatred for Trump. They rather see him fail then America prosper, even if it's to their own detriment.

I've learned long ago there's no dialog, discussion, etc to sway them. I entertained the possibility in engaging in some dialog here thinking it's a Cowboys forum and at least we have something in common that may bridge a cival discussion.

Nope.....it's all or nothing, no middle ground, no bend.....nothing. And then they will use their identity tactics to define, insult and minimize you.

Wise words, thank you. I truly appreciate your counsel. :thumbup:

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
It is not just the NFL making Billions, players make money off the NFL and fans just as well. Come on where the hell do you think owners get the money to pay out this multi million dollar contracts. Damn you act as if the owners are the only ones making any money. Get a clue these guys are not making millions because they went to college they are making million to play a game a game that is ultimately paid for by fans. As they drive away fans where will this money come from? You think networks will continue to pay out big money if rating continue to drop?

As far as Tebow he was never disrespecting anyone but was being disrespected by many, they seemed to have an issue with Tebow but not with these protest.

As I have said I have no issue with a player standing up for a cause however hacking off a large percentage of the fan base is pretty stupid and not affective. They can hold rallies on their time and get the media attention they want to get out their message. If you disagree with me fine I really don't care I state my views like them or not.

Dude, I don't even understand your views.

It sounds like you're saying that as long as an athlete's beliefs don't offend you, then it's okay for them to display them on company time.

superonyx

Reaction score
You can call him all the names you want but Kap and BLM got Trump elected and all these protests are just assuring another 4 more years....... thanks
Nah...Nice try.
It's the racist and people who are too dumb to understand that they are voting against their own best interest who got him elected...Combined with a corrupt democratic establishment who decided to cheat their way into running the worst candidate in modern political history just to appease the donor class while both dems and republicans are both sucking off the same corporate teets...

superonyx

Reaction score
What am I trying to do? I'm giving my opinion. I think players need to find a better way to promote social injustice because what they are doing is only p!ssing off a lot of fans. There are many ways they can go out and get their message out and be productive in doing so.
I thought about this...My wife made a good point last weekend. She said to me that she doesn't remember pre Kaperkick the TV even showing the National Anthem...unless it was the superbowl or a celebrity singing.
Haven't you noticed how all of a sudden the tv crews are laser focused on something they never even covered in the past? Its not hurting ratings. Its helping ratings. People can go online and pound their chest and pretend that they are not watching and they are taking a stand but the reality is much different. People watch things they love and hate..either way it creates passion and the NFL and the networks are eating it up. Trump sees it as another dog whistle for the racist and a way to divert our nations focus on what we should be talking about...

StarGazer1

Reaction score
You nailed it.

Pot meet kettle.

superonyx

Reaction score
oh, it began but there's nothing "civil" about it. The alt/far-lefters have a rabid hatred for Trump. They rather see him fail then America prosper, even if it's to their own detriment.

I've learned long ago there's no dialog, discussion, etc to sway them. I entertained the possibility of engaging in some dialog here thinking it's a Cowboys forum and at least we have something in common that may bridge a civil discussion.

While for some it may be true....What you are describing is what the republicans spent the last 7 years doing to Obama. They were not even ashamed to admit that their goal was obstruct, obstruct, obstruct...They had an agenda to let everyone suffer because when the country is doing poorly you then get electoral change at the presidents level.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Dude, I don't even understand your views.

It sounds like you're saying that as long as an athlete's beliefs don't offend you, then it's okay for them to display them on company time.
As long as Roger the Clown endorses the protest as he has, it is okay for them to do it on company time. I don't like it. I don't allow it on my company time but the Clown has spoken. My suggestion is fire the Clown.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I thought about this...My wife made a good point last weekend. She said to me that she doesn't remember pre Kaperkick the TV even showing the National Anthem...unless it was the superbowl or a celebrity singing.
Haven't you noticed how all of a sudden the tv crews are laser focused on something they never even covered in the past? Its not hurting ratings. Its helping ratings. People can go online and pound their chest and pretend that they are not watching and they are taking a stand but the reality is much different. People watch things they love and hate..either way it creates passion and the NFL and the networks are eating it up. Trump sees it as another dog whistle for the racist and a way to divert our nations focus on what we should be talking about...

well rating say otherwise. I do recall the National Anthem prior to all of this. People were getting hacked with all of this before Trump said anything. Trump comment came before week 3 ratings were falling ahead of that

Philmonroe

Reaction score

You could say this about those on the other side but just like,people with their sports teams look the other way when its people they agree with/like. That's why I don't get why people say this stuff if you aren't going to mention both sides.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Nah...Nice try.
It's the racist and people who are too dumb to understand that they are voting against their own best interest who got him elected...Combined with a corrupt democratic establishment who decided to cheat their way into running the worst candidate in modern political history just to appease the donor class while both dems and republicans are both sucking off the same corporate teets...
Cool story bro

EST_1986

Reaction score
As long as Roger the Clown endorses the protest as he has, it is okay for them to do it on company time. I don't like it. I don't allow it on my company time but the Clown has spoken. My suggestion is fire the Clown.
Dump Trump & Fire the Clown. Down with both tyrants.