Prayer or protest?

EST_1986

Reaction score
Starting to look at Potus as an entertainer, like it's all a big show....

He's an entertainer at heart and more of the WWE variety. Guy is a complete bafoon and it making the greatest country in the world a complete laughing stock

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
When the Cowboys were kneeling before the national anthem, was it in protest or prayer?
The answer to this question determines if I will continue to support the Cowboys.

:facepalm::muttley:

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
When the Cowboys were kneeling before the national anthem, was it in protest or prayer?
I missed the first 10 minutes of the game.
The answer to this question determines if I will continue to support the Cowboys. The rest of the NFL I'd dead to me.
It was a protest. It was a gesture of solidarity with the rest of the NFL after the POTUS ranted about players kneeling during the anthem.

The gesture wouldnt have occured otherwise

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
It was a protest. It was a gesture of solidarity with the rest of the NFL after the POTUS ranted about players kneeling during the anthem.

The gesture wouldnt have occured otherwise

It's quite obvious what it was, but people who claim they would be done with the Cowboys/NFL if they participated need an out...

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I just want to see if the have the balls to follow through

the answer is clear, I don't care how anyone wants to spin what they did, it was a clear reaction to what the President said/tweeted. His words were divisive, so their way of protesting, was to all take a knee together and then stand interlocked during the anthem. If some chose to pray during the few seconds that they knelt, that's fine, but it was a protest.

And there's nothing wrong with saying you are okay with that protest, let's just not pretend it wasn't.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
He's an entertainer at heart and more of the WWE variety. Guy is a complete bafoon and it making the greatest country in the world a complete laughing stock

"Greatest country in the world"

We haven't been the "Greatest country in the world" for quite some time, what this country was founded upon was great - but you have to follow through.

If I mentioned my beliefs on this board, I'd be banned instantly so I'll keep it vague. All I'll say is, the longer you have different groups together the more chance division happens like we are seeing. "Diversity" really has never been a strength, and every example we have used in the past to push this has ended up failing (Lebanon).

In-group preferences exist and it leads to self-segregation and one group being under the feet of another - and no, it's not just class.

We are striving for something in this country that will always be completely out of reach and will always create division. Trump isn't the answer to this and whatever leftist politician to come in would just create other unique problems. We have a problem down to the core in this country.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
It's all about choreographing the kneeling now! Next, we will see some teams start off kneeling, then during the middle of the anthem, they will stand up together, and then kneel again by the end. Or maybe they go down the line kneeling one at a time like doing the wave - first from left to right and then right to left :laugh:

Swanny

Reaction score
Equality in what exactly?
Real equality or the false narrative the social justice warriors on the left are fighting?
No matter what someone says it was not to protest equality. If it was everyone would have been doing it before this week. We all know why they did it this week all because a certain someone said don't do it.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Another shows his true colors.

Only cowards hide their beliefs.

I don't "hide" my beliefs - I understand the rules here, and i understand the limits of the speech allowed. If this was a true political forum, I'd be as open as can be. But it's a football forum, I have no issue reserving myself here.

Also, you don't even know why I'm saying this isn't the greatest country in the world. If I was to speak out as to why, even you'd have an issue with it. It's not the typical left/right stuff, it's far closer to what the founding fathers envisioned.

Iago33

Reaction score
I missed the first 10 minutes of the game.
The answer to this question determines if I will continue to support the Cowboys. The rest of the NFL I'd dead to me.
Yes.

StarGazer1

Reaction score
The irony of millionaires and billionaires protesting against inequality is so funny it's ridiculous. If they are serious let them reduce their pay to a level that is inline with the rest of society and contribute the rest to their cause. Do you believe these people are even interested in whether a white criminal is shot by the police? Stop engaging in illegal activity, take advantage of every opportunity this country has to offer and you have a chance to succeed. Keep blaming others for your problems and you will be left behind. Yes, people have the Right to protest during the National Anthem, but that does not make it the Right thing to do.

Just a side note, I have been a Cowboys fan since 1966 at the age of 12 and I"m not letting anything (other than Father Time) stop me from watching my team. I will not be watching the pre-game stuff until the politics has been removed from the conversation. That is my form of protest because I have my Rights too.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
The irony of millionaires and billionaires protesting against inequality is so funny it's ridiculous. If they are serious let them reduce their pay to a level that is inline with the rest of society and contribute the rest to their cause.

What are you even talking about.

One must be poor to fight for the poor?

Objectively, taking the pride and braggadocio out of it, you actually believe that's a sound argument?