Prayer or protest?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
lol, come on man.

Come on what. Players are not solving the problem all they are doing it p!ssing off fans who pay their check, the people who own the stadiums it is our tax paying money. I have nothing against any person or player who wants to protest but if you are going to do that at least do something that makes a real impact. Players can get together on their time and hold a rally but kneeling during National Anthem is not fixing anything it is only making more and more fan mad. So how does that solve anything? Tebow was mocked by many for taking a knee before games because of his Christian believe, he was not doing it to make a statement he did it because of his devote faith yet angered some and criticized and mocked by many

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Come on what. Players are not solving the problem all they are doing it p!ssing off fans who pay their check, the people who own the stadiums it is our tax paying money. I have nothing against any person or player who wants to protest but if you are going to do that at least do something that makes a real impact. Players can get together on their time and hold a rally but kneeling during National Anthem is not fixing anything it is only making more and more fan mad. So how does that solve anything? Tebow was mocked by many for taking a knee before games because of his Christian believe, he was not doing it to make a statement he did it because of his devote faith yet angered some and criticized and mocked by many

I see what you're trying to do, but you do realize you're making the exact opposite argument you think you're making... right?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I see what you're trying to do, but you do realize you're making the exact opposite argument you think you're making... right?

What am I trying to do? I'm giving my opinion. I think players need to find a better way to promote social injustice because what they are doing is only p!ssing off a lot of fans. There are many ways they can go out and get their message out and be productive in doing so.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
What am I trying to do? I'm giving my opinion. I think players need to find a better way to promote social injustice because what they are doing is only p!ssing off a lot of fans. There are many ways they can go out and get their message out and be productive in doing so.

Well, just like Tebow, they don't care if they're pissing you off because they are expressing what they believe and they already engage in the "many ways" you're talking about as well.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Well, just like Tebow, they don't care if they're pissing you off because they are expressing what they believe and they already engage in the "many ways" you're talking about as well.

Evidently and as Mike Rowe has pointed out when it starts affecting their bottom line then it will end. People did not stop watching because of Tebow but the league is seeing a fall out over this current issue.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Funny how Tebow was mocked by so many for taking a knee in prayer yet defend players taking a knee to protest
Are these the exact same people? If you have proof of this cool,otherwise. What the heck are you babbling about. Also who booed Tebow when he was praying? People that made fun of it did so because they felt he was over the top not because they didn't agree with him. I don't ever recall folks booing and itching like they are now talking about I'm not going to watch blah blah blah. If they were maybe you can show me all the equivalent outrage during that time.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Are these the exact same people? If you have proof of this cool,otherwise. What the heck are you babbling about. Also who booed Tebow when he was praying? People that made fun of it did so because they felt he was over the top not because they didn't agree with him. I don't ever recall folks booing and itching like they are now talking about I'm not going to watch blah blah blah. If they were maybe you can show me all the equivalent outrage during that time.

Tebow was constantly getting mocked for his actions. But rating were not falling because of it. What these players are doing it driving fans away. I'm sure if it gets to the point of costing them money they will put their moral outrage to the side.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Evidently and as Mike Rowe has pointed out when it starts affecting their bottom line then it will end. People did not stop watching because of Tebow but the league is seeing a fall out over this current issue.

Oh, so you actually don't care about a player standing up for their beliefs despite the criticism. Got it.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I was asking if they were protesting.
Now that I found out it was prayer it's not an issue with me. Show me where I was openly crying.
It wasn't a prayer

It was them showing their support for the other players in the league without being disrespectful to the flag..... they knelt as a team for 10 seconds well before the anthem and then stood like usual...toes on the line for the anthem......this time they interlocked arms as a sign of team unity

Several players like DLawrence and Dez specifically called out President Trump as the reason for their anger..... Witten said he would never disrespect the flag or anthem

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Tebow was constantly getting mocked for his actions. But rating were not falling because of it. What these players are doing it driving fans away. I'm sure if it gets to the point of costing them money they will put their moral outrage to the side.
Tebows stands for the Flag and kneels for the Cross

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Oh, so you actually don't care about a player standing up for their beliefs despite the criticism. Got it.

I think it is a waste of time and makes them and the players look bad. I think it is costing the league and seeing some owners and GM expecting things to get back to normal and get politics out of the game because they are concerned about the bottom line. NFL is a business they are out to make money owners and players alike.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
I think it is a waste of time and makes them and the players look bad. I think it is costing the league and seeing some owners and GM expecting things to get back to normal and get politics out of the game because they are concerned about the bottom line. NFL is a business they are out to make money owners and players alike.

I don't get it, do you approve of Tebow kneeling or not?

Since when do you care how many billions the NFL makes? They don't need our help to manage their bottom line.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
He's an entertainer at heart and more of the WWE variety. Guy is a complete bafoon and it making the greatest country in the world a complete laughing stock
You obviously have not taken the time to know the man. Your assessment of our POTUS is amateurist yet on par with the professionals at CNN and MSNBC. Our president may very well be someone you can not relate to. He is filthy rich... you and I will never know what that is like. He is provocative and seems to crave attention, but that does not disqualify him. Have you read any of his books? He is cut from different cloth than any other modern president but that doesn't have to be a bad thing. This county wanted change and it's getting it. Not everyone is on board with that and it's not Trumps fault... he is doing exactly what he said he would do. More people should have voted if that is such a bad thing. Your assessment(and the main stream media's assessment) of the man discounts and disrespect the consideration of every person that took the time to vote for DJT. We did not make that decision lightly. We care about this country every bit as much as you do. We contribute to this countries well being just as much as you do. We live in a country that presses that rest button every 4 years. It's time this country's citizens stop behaving as if the election of DJT to the presidency is the commencement of Armageddon. We survived the Obama years and we will survive Trump as well. It would help if we can stop behaving like children and respect the results of a fair and free election. The electorate has spoken. Now it is time to get back to our lives and contribute to our part of the world in meaningful ways. Too much of our time is wasted on being critical of a man duly elected not even a year ago.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I don't get it, do you approve of Tebow kneeling or not?

Since when do you care how many billions the NFL makes? They don't need our help to manage their bottom line.

It is not just the NFL making Billions, players make money off the NFL and fans just as well. Come on where the hell do you think owners get the money to pay out this multi million dollar contracts. Damn you act as if the owners are the only ones making any money. Get a clue these guys are not making millions because they went to college they are making million to play a game a game that is ultimately paid for by fans. As they drive away fans where will this money come from? You think networks will continue to pay out big money if rating continue to drop?

As far as Tebow he was never disrespecting anyone but was being disrespected by many, they seemed to have an issue with Tebow but not with these protest.

As I have said I have no issue with a player standing up for a cause however hacking off a large percentage of the fan base is pretty stupid and not affective. They can hold rallies on their time and get the media attention they want to get out their message. If you disagree with me fine I really don't care I state my views like them or not.

EST_1986

Reaction score
You obviously have not taken the time to know the man. Your assessment of our POTUS is amateurist yet on par with the professionals at CNN and MSNBC. Our president may very high well be someone you can not relate to. He is filthy rich... you and I will never know what that is like. He is provocative and seems to crave attention, but that does not disqualify him. Have you read any of his books? He is cut from different cloth than any other modern president but that doesn't have to be a bad thing. This county wanted change and it's getting it. Not everyone is on board with that and it's not Trumps fault... he is doing exactly what he said he would do. More people should have voted if that is such a bad thing. Your assessment(and the main stream media's assessment) of the man discounts and disrespect the consideration of every person that took the time to vote for DJT. We did not make that decision lightly. We care about this country every bit as much as you do. We contribute to this countries well being just as much as you do. We live in a country that presses that rest button every 4 years. It's time this country's citizens stop behaving as if the election of DJT to the presidency is the commencement of Armageddon. We survived the Obama years and we will survive Trump as well. It would help if we can stop behaving like children and respect the results of a fair and free election. The electorate has spoken. Now it is time to get back to our lives and contribute to our part of the world in meaningful ways. Too much of our time is wasted on being critical of a man duly elected not even a year ago.

He is genuinely a piece of **** and the country make a huge mistake electing this divisive man, especially in the times were in we really did not need a bigot in the highest office. The electoral college is something else I wish would also go away but thats a whole different issue. I do not respect anyone who votes for this tyrant that still supports him, if you haven't learned by now it was a huge mistake throwing your support behind this bigot then I don't know what to tell you.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
He is genuinely a piece of **** and the country make a huge mistake electing this divisive man, especially in the times were in we really did not need a bigot in the highest office. The electoral college is something else I wish would also go away but thats a whole different issue. I do not respect anyone who votes for this tyrant that still supports him, if you haven't learned by now it was a huge mistake throwing your support behind this bigot then I don't know what to tell you.
...and so the civil war begins. :(

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
the feeling is mutual