Praying for Luke

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here I am upset about a painful sinus infection that has plagued me all week. Then I read this. It really does put things in perspective. I have already prayed for Luke and I will keep on praying.

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
Hi All,
My family and I are so touched with the genuine care and concern from this site. I can't say enough how much this means to know that we have people praying for Luke that we have never met and that don't know him.

We did have a few rough weeks and this last week was really hard as he is reacting to one of the Chemo meds. Next week we will try to pre-medicate and hope that it will help him to not have a sever reaction. If that does not work we will need to change his treatment plan. There are other meds that should work well too, so we have some options.

The good news is that his last two MRI's have shown "No growth" with his tumor and that is huge. We hope that continues over the next few months and that this is not a set back.

Thank you for your prayers!!!

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Portland Fanatic;2256052 said:
Hi All,
My family and I are so touched with the genuine care and concern from this site. I can't say enough how much this means to know that we have people praying for Luke that we have never met and that don't know him.

We did have a few rough weeks and this last week was really hard as he is reacting to one of the Chemo meds. Next week we will try to pre-medicate and hope that it will help him to not have a sever reaction. If that does not work we will need to change his treatment plan. There are other meds that should work well too, so we have some options.

The good news is that his last two MRI's have shown "No growth" with his tumor and that is huge. We hope that continues over the next few months and that this is not a set back.

No growth! That's fantastic Portland Fanatic. I pray it goes into remission soon. I feel for your little guy. God bless him.

ladiewolve

Reaction score
Portland Fanatic;2256052 said:
Hi All,

:pray: God bless him and thank god there is no new growth.

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
I wanted to share another video of Luke that a church friend made for us. She went with my wife to Luke's Chemo appointment a few months back and asked if she could take some pictures and capture them for us.

I will say it is an emotional video, but certainly one that can put everything in perspective for us. I know he looks up to me as his father, but I hope he knows he is my true hero!

You will notice a Cowboys bear he clings to while he is there...he has it for every visit, and sleeps with it every night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30PKiLyLrt4

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Portland Fanatic;2256455 said:
I wanted to share another video of Luke that a church friend made for us. She went with my wife to Luke's Chemo appointment a few months back and asked if she could take some pictures and capture them for us.

I will say it is an emotional video, but certainly one that can put everything in perspective for us. I know he looks up to me as his father, but I hope he knows he is my true hero!

You will notice a Cowboys bear he clings to while he is there...he has it for every visit, and sleeps with it every night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30PKiLyLrt4
I don't know what to say beyond wow.

His face at about 2:20 of the video just killed me.

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
Jaxonsdaddd;2255201 said:
I actually have tears rolling down my cheeks reading that. Im actually speechless and the thought of an innocent, precious child suffering angers me to no end.

Please pray for this child and ask god to watch over him.

That makes two of us. I'm praying for him. :pray: :pray: :pray: :crossed:

CalCBFan

Reaction score
Portland, we've had You, Luke and your family in our Rosary Novena since your first post of the "Staubach Video". I hope God will hear and grant our petition for a full, complete recovery and diagnosis of "cancer free" for your little Cowboy. God Bless you all...

Pappa Cheeto

Reaction score
I say this as the father of a 3 year-old son who means the world to me - Luke is a beautiful boy and no doubt the greatest joy in your life. Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

BigHank

Reaction score
My family and I will be praying for Luke. May god bless him and his family.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
What a great little guy. I watched the videos and am truly touched. This little one HAS to make it. I will pray for Luke and for his family.

God Bless you Luke. Keep fightin'!

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
I die when my son has stomach flu or an ear infection. Not sure how you can possibly get through it (other than I know you have to but you know what I mean) and still maintain faith.

I know if my son got cancer, no way would I still be believing in any God because any God I want to be associated with would not make any child go through such an ordeal. You are a better person than me, that is for sure.

I hope he gets better soon.

rikolai

Reaction score
I cheer for the Cowboys.But I'm rooting for Luke.God bless him and those helping and praying for him.He is an inspiration to us all.

justbob

Just taking it easy
Reaction score
Hostile;2256481 said:
I don't know what to say beyond wow.

His face at about 2:20 of the video just killed me.

Could not watch past that point ..God Bless Luke--our prayers are with you-

BARRYRAY

Reaction score
Where are our zoners with connections. Surely someone could hook up a visit with some of the 'Boys for this brave little boy. Hey JJ might even come for a good cause here. I know we have zoners that have connections. Come on guys this little boy is special.