Pre- draft press conference today at noon CST

Motorola

Reaction score
This is like the dumbest thing to me.
Was not aware this is a yearly thing that has been going on a while; but...what purpose does it serve? A useless grandstand by the Cowboys heirarchy that could lead to the media inducing a freudian slip(s) which could mess up the draft plans.

Mr_437

Reaction score
So, you wouldn't have taken Lamb last year? What defensive player would you have taken over him?

He is not wrong in that strategy. If you have a great talent, you take him. You always take a great talent over a good talent.
Did I say it was a mistake to take Lamb? You read my intention wrong **... congratulations.

Duh, bro you take a great talent, it's just funny Dallas never finds great talent on defense, wonder why.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Was not aware this is a yearly thing that has been going on a while; but...what purpose does it serve? A useless grandstand by the Cowboys heirarchy that could lead to the media inducing a freudian slip(s) which could mess up the draft plans.

Crazy right?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Did I say it was a mistake to take Lamb? You read my intention wrong **... congratulations.

Duh, bro you take a great talent, it's just funny Dallas never finds great talent on defense, wonder why.
They seem to never be in position to get premiere defensive talent for what ever reason....well...I take that back....in the last few years they had a shot at TJ Watt and Jaylen Ramsey and failed both. One they would rather go offense and extend Romo's career...fail. The other they saw "war daddy" in Taco.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
They seem to never be in position to get premiere defensive talent for what ever reason....well...I take that back....in the last few years they had a shot at TJ Watt and Jaylen Ramsey and failed both. One they would rather go offense and extend Romo's career...fail. The other they saw "war daddy" in Taco.
They could have picked Jack or Jaylon.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Its just tradition at this point.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zeke over Ramsey was a mistake. But taking a HOF LT is never a mistake.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Is there no middle ground between “they suck at everything” and “beyond reproach”?

It’s all about the results.

Win a super bowl. Or get to one and spend a few years competing for nfc titles and championships.

then people won’t care about the press conferences.

It’s all about the end result. And the frustration amongst fans is indicative of that.

An owner/GM can’t oversee 25 years of being one of the worst teams in the league, from a playoff success perspective, and get the benefit of the doubt.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If so, then they should be talking up taking a QB,, I know its ridiculous and they would never do that.
Ehh....I don't fault them for that. I wouldn't have taken either of them in the 2nd round. If they would've done what they were suppose to do in the 1st round and go defense with Buckner or Ramsey....then I would've been for them taking Henry in the 2nd round.

Hardline

Reaction score
The only thing dumber than this press conference will be the reporters that show up to cover it.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry, 5 seconds into the draft talk: We should get a top defensive player at 10.

You can't make these things up.

Hardline

Reaction score
Cowboys are such big business in the city that any outlet that doesn't cover it will actually be the dumb ones.
No. The reporters are showing up knowing their questions won't get a direct answer and they are going knowing full well they are going to have smoke blown up their *****.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
No. The reporters are showing up knowing their questions won't get a direct answer and they are going knowing full well they are going to have smoke blown up their *****.

No team out there is making any definitive statements on who they will draft or not draft, except maybe Jacksonville.