Draft Day ***Pre Draft Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
I'm never in the mood to ever take an offensive lineman with my first pick in the 1st round. Hopefully Jerry won't be dumb enough to move up to get one:facepalm:

TheDuke

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys
Reaction score
Then name our great first round pics in the last 6 years other than last year.
You’re already trying to change the narrative of your original point.

I didn’t say that the 1st round pics were “great”. “Great” is subjective and your opinion of “great” may differ from my opinion of “great”. And it’s cute that you limited it to only the last 6 years, considering the same administration also picked Elliott, Frederick, Martin, Smith and Bryant. But you can ignore that to try and justify your limited point.

If I were to play your game I would simply ask you to name the later round picks that have been better than the first 2 round picks and say which of those have been “great”, but I won’t because it’s silly. I do encourage you to waste your time trying though. It’s 3 in the afternoon and I’m bored and need a good chuckle.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
You’re already trying to change the narrative of your original point.

I didn’t say that the 1st round pics were “great”. “Great” is subjective and your opinion of “great” may differ from my opinion of “great”. And it’s cute that you limited it to only the last 6 years, considering the same administration also picked Elliott, Frederick, Martin, Smith and Bryant. But you can ignore that to try and justify your limited point.

If I were to play your game I would simply ask you to name the later round picks that have been better than the first 2 round picks and say which of those have been “great”, but I won’t because it’s silly. I do encourage you to waste your time trying though. It’s 3 in the afternoon and I’m bored and need a good chuckle.

Elliot may not be the best RB on this team anymore ........ Smith was drafted over a decade ago ..... Fredbeard retired after a short career .......... Martin is great .......... and Dez was Dez ....... not trying to justify anything.

If you think Jerry is good at being a GM ......... well that speaks for itself ........ have a nice Draft day.

MrPhil

Reaction score
Then name our great first round pics in the last 6 years other than last year.

This is not a direct answer to your question but, there was some information posted recently that showed Dallas had the most All-Pros from its 1st round picks since 2010 with 9. The next nearest team had 7. I would say that is a pretty good track record, at least in the 1st round.
I will not comment on the 2nd round blunders over those same years.......:angry:

**EDIT**

Here is a link to an article about this:

https://thelandryhat.com/2022/04/27/cowboys-first-round-draft-pick-history-pro-bowl-all-pro/

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Several mocks have Cowboys taking OL Kenyon Green from Texas A&M.

This source used our Dallas paper we can’t copy.

usatsi_15335358.webp

https://www.si.com/college/tamu/football/aggies-kenyon-green-si-mock-draft
Green or Zion , who is going to be better guard in NFL, something close to Zack Martin ?

Status
Not open for further replies.