Pre-Draft Visits - All 30

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
They've definitely got a clear priority list. Looks like S, DL, and WR/TE early, and LB, CB, and RB late.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
What is really encouraging to me is that I really like every one of those safeties they’re bringing in.

Of course, not all in the same round.

Harris and Willis will go later but I think they’ll be really nice players. Good on special teams too.

Since they usually end up with guys they bring in, I bet they end up with one or more of those six guys.

I do like some more than others and have some concerns about a few of them. I worry about Thornhill’s toughness, Rapp’s long speed, etc... but I’d be happy with any of them.

cnuball21

Reaction score
They've definitely got a clear priority list. Looks like S, DL, and WR/TE early, and LB, CB, and RB late.

I think this makes sense. I’m at the point where I’m happy with just about any safety at 58 as I like so many of them in this draft.

My preference would be S/DL with our first 2 picks followed by TE. I’d also honestly rather double dip at S / DT than take a WR early.

morasp

Reaction score
Five or more safeties, defensive lineman, and wide receivers. It's probably safe to say they're looking at those positions. A lot of the WRs are speed guys so they're looking for players to stretch the field. Four tight ends and linebackers so if things fall right they may get one each of those.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Great sign for #58. S or DL.

That definitely seems to be the direction. The safeties appear to contain more higher-ranked players, with several of those in the late first round, early second area. The DL, WR and TE seem to at least have a player or two ranked around the range of the 58th pick, but most of the DL and TE look like third- to fourth-rounders.

So I would conclude that safety is the No. 1 target, but if all of the higher-rated ones are gone, we could take a DL or TE or even a WR depending on how the draft falls, with a couple of safety options who we could get in the third or fourth round.

Macnalty

Reaction score
I think these are the 30 National Visit players.

I was hoping Darnell Savage and Amani Hooker FS were on the list, new age players in the form of Adoree Jackson. I am raising my hand on Taylor Rapp and that slow forty time, He can be SS but not a FS with that speed.
Lots of project in the WR list IMO
TE's seem reasonable for where we will be picking.

Thanks Xwalker for posting

Mr_437

Reaction score
Read they brought in DE Maxx Crosby too, as he is a local. Good he has some skill on the edge.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was hoping Darnell Savage and Amani Hooker FS were on the list, new age players in the form of Adoree Jackson. I am raising my hand on Taylor Rapp and that slow forty time, He can be SS but not a FS with that speed.
Lots of project in the WR list IMO
TE's seem reasonable for where we will be picking.

Thanks Xwalker for posting

Yes Savage and Hooker are both good players.

Sydla

Reaction score
Yes Savage and Hooker are both good players.

Have you looked at Blair, the S from Utah?

He's probably not an option for us, but am curious since you watched most of the Ss in the draft.

Bluefin

Reaction score
I was hoping Darnell Savage and Amani Hooker FS were on the list
Dane Brugler said last night on the Draft Show that Dallas has shown zero interest in Darnell Savage.

They don't know why.

Sydla

Reaction score
Dane Brugler said last night on the Draft Show that Dallas has shown zero interest in Darnell Savage.

They don't know why.

Then I hope someone ahead of us at 58 likes him enough to take him and let one of the other Ss possibly slide to us.

Philly could be that team. They have been rumored to be looking safety with one of their first three picks (all ahead of us).

Bluefin

Reaction score
Then I hope someone ahead of us at 58 likes him enough to take him and let one of the other Ss possibly slide to us.

Philly could be that team. They have been rumored to be looking safety with one of their first three picks (all ahead of us).
I still carry the scar from 2009 when Dallas had picks to trade up and just sat in round two waiting to see if Max Unger would fall to them.

Unger went just ahead of our pick and Dallas had no fallback option, so they ended up trading down twice and wound up with the great special teams draft.

BTW, 4th rounder Victor Butler was the man, but Wade Phillips couldn't bear to take his baby, Anthony Spencer, off the field on obvious passing downs.

The moral of my rambling is, don't wait.

If a safety falls close enough, use a 4, or a 4 and next year's 5, and go get the guy you want.

I don't like Philly (#53, #57) and Houston (#54, #55) both having two picks ahead of Dallas at #58.

If someone we love is there, I'm hoping Tennessee (#51) or Pittsburgh (#52) is willing to move down a little.