Game Day Pre-season Cowboys vs Rams Second half game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Time to ignore the camp reports which told us Showers was better than Dak, Swaim was the surprise of camp, Jones is another WR find, the no name DL is going to be better than expected, and the secondary was playing more aggressive. All lies.

Dak and Showers were about even in camp. End of camp Dak was ahead.

Naruto

Reaction score
I think the Rams fans made that game mean more than it should have and their guys clearly rose up to the hoopla. Our guys folded up shop after the great first half

But to ignore that this game was a microcosm of this team the last decade is a bit naive. It's just more of the same with this franchise

Deep_South

Reaction score
Biggest takeaway from this game is Chaz Green really needs to get into shape. If anything happens to one of our tackles we're in big trouble, if he is indeed the swing tackle this season.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
So after one PS game.
Wilcox shows why he needs to be gone, Swaim unimpressive, but let's see how he does next game.
Showers, he has not improved at all, so will give him another game too, but they better bring in a QB to compete for #3 spot. But let's see Dak in another game too.

They need the address back up OT still.
And they need defense still. but Nzeocha did look very good.

Yes 1st game, many starters out, or played very little. So let's wait and see.
However, even the backup Offense under Dak looked good. can't wait to see the starters in action.

Game one done, let's see what transpires in game two. Just disappointing, wanted a win.

Do people understand there is more to playing tight end than catching the football. Yes Swaim dropped two balls. He also played well on the line of scrimmage and we ran at a high level. He also made a very difficult catch in traffic. Swaim is going to be fine.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
So after one PS game.
Wilcox shows why he needs to be gone, Swaim unimpressive, but let's see how he does next game.
Showers, he has not improved at all, so will give him another game too, but they better bring in a QB to compete for #3 spot. But let's see Dak in another game too.

They need the address back up OT still.
And they need defense still. but Nzeocha did look very good.

Yes 1st game, many starters out, or played very little. So let's wait and see.
However, even the backup Offense under Dak looked good. can't wait to see the starters in action.

Game one done, let's see what transpires in game two. Just disappointing, wanted a win.

Their #3 qb Showers will be on ps. Doubt we carry 3 qbs, when we need a spot for our depth at wr/rb.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Biggest takeaway from this game is Chaz Green really needs to get into shape. If anything happens to one of our tackles we're in big trouble, if he is indeed the swing tackle this season.

I have to think there is zero percent chance green is counted on to be the swing guy. This will be a spot they address with cuts.

Deep_South

Reaction score
I have to think there is zero percent chance green is counted on to be the swing guy. This will be a spot they address with cuts.
Hope you're right. It's scary thinking of Romo back there depending on Green to protect him right now.

popp1234

Reaction score
Man, I really realy really hate to lose. However, I saw some good to great things tonight from Dak. That makes me feel really good about this preseason game overall. I am particularly happy that it was against a good defense and not scrubs. There is no doubt we need work...especially on defense, but we knew that coming into the season. Let's hope for an overall better performance next week, and NO INJURIES.

Last edited:

TheHerd

Reaction score
I am still trying to figure out the thinking that goes into not calling a timeout with over a 1:10 left after your QB just scrambled for 20 yards.

These are the small things that sticks with me when the talk of Garrett being a good coach comes up.
Garrett has proven he is a terrible game day coach. I like his handling of the team administratively, but he just can't get it right during the games. Can we get a clock manager assistant coach? It's really not rocket science

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
The line was offensive and the receivers weren't much better

young guys playing for the first time. The line has to find a way to improve or they need to park a tight end next to each tackle and give the qb's a chance to throw the ball these next three games.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Our waiver wire searches should include FB, backup OL, DE, S and maybe LB.

Reactions: BAT

TheHerd

Reaction score
There is zero chance even Garrett lets Green on the field with Romo at QB. If a tackle is needed before we pick one up, it'll be Collins and Leary will play G.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Hope you're right. It's scary thinking of Romo back there depending on Green to protect him right now.

I can't imagine they rely on him. If the media and all of us can see how bad he was then I imagine they will not rely on him.

They have gone after veteran tackles or upgrades at least in seemingly every year. I really can't think of any situation sans green playing great the next three weeks that they don't address the spot.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Green should get a lot of work in this pre-season, we all know he needs the reps.

I think JJ will get the axe!

Carson

Reaction score
Green should get a lot of work in this pre-season, we all know he needs the reps.

I think JJ will get the axe!

I think JJ still makes the team due to his special teams play. Frazier should go to the PS

Status
Not open for further replies.