Game Day ***Pre-season Cowboys vs Texans post game thread***

cowboyec

Reaction score
excited about our 1's.
nervous about our depth.
can't wait to see what this D will do.
excited about #4 and #21...together again.
:starspin:JUST BRING IT:starspin:

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
Reid and Ross SHOULD make this team.

Wasn’t impressed with Price or Ward. Ward likely makes it, due to Rod liking him. Reid and Ross will likely take the final spot

Ealy could make the 53 depending on Tappers injury
Have you seen Ross play actual games? He’s terrible. Don’t let preseason fool you because he performed against backups.

Carson

Reaction score
Have you seen Ross play actual games? He’s terrible. Don’t let preseason fool you because he performed against backups.

I just watched 8 quarters of our backups play.

Ross looks like Aaron Donald compared to half of the backups out there! I apologize lol

cowboyec

Reaction score
Im curious about DL Datone Jones.
if his knee checks ok...he should be one we keep...I thought he was one of our better DL.

cowboyec

Reaction score
I liked the pick of Schultz at the time.
but Im surprised at how unimpressed Ive been.
I thought he might flash but I didnt see it.
maybe its because our back-up OL didnt help the QBs any....maybe not.
Im not giving up on him but gotta admit....Im disappointed a lil.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Lenoir made my roster.

I'm not as sure about Rush. The offensive line, the running game and the receivers didn't help him at all, but he's got to know to throw that ball away and needed better ball placement.

Good to see Armstrong show back up, and saw some good things from Caraun Reid and Jihad Ward, too, but, of course, all three of them shined after the backups to the backups came in.

Mike White has got to learn to take a little off the short throws, but he sure can zip it. There's enough there to see if he can be developed.

I noticed on several plays Rico was blocking the left defensive end all by himself. I think Chaz Green was supposed to help, but he just kind of stood there bouncing because Gathers didn't need any help. Of course, Rico also had a few plays where he did the wrong thing so I don't know how the Cowboys feel about him.

Notice that these receivers -- Beasley, Hurns, Williams, Austin and Thompson -- didn't play, and with Gallup being a shoe-in, the only way Lenoir gets on the team is if we keep seven receivers.

I wonder if Jackson being the first back up means that he had passed Scarbrough. Not sure if he did that he'll remain ahead of him after a poor outing, though. Jackson was out there a lot on special teams, so it will be interesting to see what Dallas decides.

I haven't really noticed David Wells, but he had a few decent plays at tight end and might be worth keeping around on the practice squad.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
The unnecessary roughness call on Lewis May have been the worst call I have ever seen

Was it on Lewis? I thought it was on the safety who had slowed down and then chose to hit the receiver anyway. There was nothing Lewis could have done differently. The safety could have pulled up once he saw the ball go off the receiver's hands IMO.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well that may have been the sorriest preseason I've seen from this team. Just pathetic. They are more concerned with protection and safety than they are actually preparing for the season.

Defense looks okay. That offense is horrific. The depth is non-existent. Which is weird considering they have been a great drafting team for so many years.

bark

Reaction score
Just checking in to call dibs on starting the Chaz Green appreciation thread once cutdowns are announced

Carter

Reaction score
Preseason shouldnt be overrated but the Cowboys didnt score a single TD in three straight games. That has to be concering. That means our Backups arent capable of putting up any Points if needed.

Carson

Reaction score
Playbook may suck. But there is no doubt, we will be using that same playbook this year.

Yes I'll say it again because everyone needs to know and hear it.

Sadly, that was Linehan likely using his entire playbook lol