Game Day ***Pre-season Cowboys vs Texans post game thread***

Flamma

Reaction score
Preseason shouldnt be overrated but the Cowboys didnt score a single TD in three straight games. That has to be concering. That means our Backups arent capable of putting up any Points if needed.

I'm pretty sure we scored one against Cinci. Weren't we up 10-0? Unless you meant our backups didn't? Either way, there will probably never be a time during the season that all of our backups are in at the same time.

lukin2006

Reaction score
This pre-season showed us we need a better QB ... and better coaching.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I was happy with the play of Armstrong last night. March-Lillard looked good on the evening. As for the QB, White gives me some hope but think he should be sent to the PS over Rush. I still think Dallas needs a vet backup on the season.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Well that may have been the sorriest preseason I've seen from this team. Just pathetic. They are more concerned with protection and safety than they are actually preparing for the season.

Defense looks okay. That offense is horrific. The depth is non-existent. Which is weird considering they have been a great drafting team for so many years.
It’s P R E S E A S O N. Cleveland was 4-0 last year

silvrNblue

Reaction score
Team didn't quit. :thumbup:
LOL...ya can't quit something you NEVER even started...what a pan of hash trash clapper handed the fans all PS. I get it PS is meaning less, but this team looks aweful, and the coaching, well just don't get me started on that bunch of car salesmen.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
LOL...ya can't quit something you NEVER even started...what a pan of hash trash clapper handed the fans all PS. I get it PS is meaning less, but this team looks aweful, and the coaching, well just don't get me started on that bunch of car salesmen.

Dallas went 3-1 last year so what. Getting out injury free matter a lot more. I find it funny people complain about too many pre season games and want to cut them down to 2 or 3. Most of the starters played in the 1st 2 games and when they were in moved the ball and put up points. Now pre season is done Cowboys outside of Frederick illness looks ready to go. As for what some guys who will not even be playing football after last night I really do not care. Pre season is more about individuals not team which is why no one game plans anything

BigD49

Reaction score
No it’s not.

Might as well be - plus/minus for egregious calls is like 4.5 a game right now. How many games' results are going to have to be impacted by absurd penalties before people get tired of it? For me, I was starting to get really frustrated almost 3 years ago with all the ridiculous PI / DEF Holding calls determining outcomes of games and here the NFL is doubling down on it. Not sure if you watched any of the NCAA games last night but half of the offense was people getting flagged for hits...just take the sport out back and shoot it if that's how its gonna be

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Might as well be - plus/minus for egregious calls is like 4.5 a game right now. How many games' results are going to have to be impacted by absurd penalties before people get tired of it? For me, I was starting to get really frustrated almost 3 years ago with all the ridiculous PI / DEF Holding calls determining outcomes of games and here the NFL is doubling down on it. Not sure if you watched any of the NCAA games last night but half of the offense was people getting flagged for hits...just take the sport out back and shoot it if that's how its gonna be
I don’t see any issue with them trying to make the game safer. It’s still football and it’s still the Cowboys.

BigD49

Reaction score
I don’t see any issue with them trying to make the game safer. It’s still football and it’s still the Cowboys.
I'm not trying to be confrontational but I really don't think it's the football we all grew up watching and playing. Obviously I'm still invested in the Cowboys, or I wouldn't be here right now, but their incessant flagging is pushing my patience to the brink. As someone that consumed every possible football game I could 5 years ago, I can't imagine that I'm alone in that sentiment and realistically that should be pretty troubling to the league. What's the point of making the game safer if you lose your audience along the way? I'm not advocating for them to let Roy Williams tee off on guys' heads over the middle anymore, but if they're going to arbitrarily decide which plays a player is lowering his head and flag it 15 times a game, I'm not going to continue to invest time and money into it. Some of the calls are insane - two guys come running at each other, both lower their heads for pad leverage, the defensive player tries to put his head to the side and lead with the shoulder, the helmets make contact anyway and its a 15 yard flag and an automatic first down. That's not football and it's not even a proper enforcement of their own dumb rule. RBs dropping their head on every run and not a flag to be seen

Beastsfromthenfceast

Reaction score
I was happy with the play of Armstrong last night. March-Lillard looked good on the evening. As for the QB, White gives me some hope but think he should be sent to the PS over Rush. I still think Dallas needs a vet backup on the season.
I don't think either of our backup QB's could put together a drive in division 3 college let alone the NFL.