Game Day *** Pre-season Cowboys vs Texans postgame thread****

sideon

Reaction score
The only people that deserve praise are the backups. The Texans completely mailed it in and weren't going to risk anything after Lamar's injury, but the backups got some much needed work in and Cooper Rush has shown that he can let it go when the reins are loosened up. I'm still not sold on the starting offense because they've done next to nothing this preseason, I do think that the defense will take another step forward though.

Manster68

Reaction score
Nothing is ever as good as it seems, peaches bad as it seems. Very happy for the effort and execution.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
The only people that deserve praise are the backups. The Texans completely mailed it in and weren't going to risk anything after Lamar's injury, but the backups got some much needed work in and Cooper Rush has shown that he can let it go when the reins are loosened up. I'm still not sold on the starting offense because they've done next to nothing this preseason, I do think that the defense will take another step forward though.
Yeah they mailed it in after they got punched in the face by the 1st team. Nice try troll.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I didn't get to catch the game but based off the highlights I just watched Dallas looked good all around. I see my boy Cedric Wilson looked good!! :D Based on the clips the highlights showed me, Rush looked good out there as well. Looked like a great night for the Boys!! Hopefully the start to some momentum.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I didn't get to catch the game but based off the highlights I just watched Dallas looked good all around. I see my boy Cedric Wilson looked good!! :D Based on the clips the highlights showed me, Rush looked good out there as well. Looked like a great night for the Boys!! Hopefully the start to some momentum.
:yourock::thumbup::yourock:

*our feller's on the bubbles edge come cut down time, amped up their game play, no doubt:)

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
That was a really impressive "heads up" T.D. connection from the #4 to #13
:clap::thumbup::clap:

* and my
(pet cat) one man wrecking crew #48 definitely put the hurt to Houston on that scoreboard:starspin:

I'll see your pet cat and raise you a Hyder. I thought this was a great, cheap pickup in the offseason and that is looking like the case. I figured he could come in on nickel downs and play DT next to Collins/Crawford and give a boost to our interior pass rush. Although I think he'll also contribute to end, I still think that nickel DT spot will be his main role.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I'll see your pet cat and raise you a Hyder. I thought this was a great, cheap pickup in the offseason and that is looking like the case. I figured he could come in on nickel downs and play DT next to Collins/Crawford and give a boost to our interior pass rush. Although I think he'll also contribute to end, I still think that nickel DT spot will be his main role.
:laugh: lol, yeah,I'm liking Hyder a lot,,,in fact @Teague31 threaded his 53 for the roster & I was fixin' to bark at him for not carrying the #51 ,,,till I reread his position list and in fact he did have him on it:facepalm:

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Shutting out the Texans is about as sweet of a win as you can get for a preseason game.

I wonder what the over/under is on how many sacks Watson will take this year? If the line was 75...I'm still taking the over..:rolleyes:

Texans O-line= What a mess:omg:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Pre season game, I never care about results but what I do care about is the performance of individuals. I liked what I was seeing from Charlton, Smith continues to impress at WR and Rush looks like he can be a decent backup at QB. There were a host of others who played well in this game.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was at Hooters, being distracted, so I didn't see everything, but what I did see of Dak didn't look bad. Maybe I just looked up at the right times?
For many fans/media that would be considered serious hardcore "film" breakdown and game analysis.

Seriously, most fans form opinions with less time spent watching than what you described.