Game Day Pre-season Cowboys vs Texans Second half game thread

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Please keep it within the guidelines and please do not start new threads during the game as they will be deleted without warning

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
DL assessment:

Irving had several good run stops earlier and knocked a ball loose for a fumble. Coe has clogged the middle some, as did Thornton. The run defense was fairly porous when none of those three were in.

Okoye had one good middle push where he got to the QB, but a defensive penalty took it away. Not much pressure by the defense, although Russell or McAdoo looped inside on a stunt and got a good hit on Weeden on the TD throw. McAdoo's sack was a gift caused by pressure from the other side.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DL assessment:

Irving had several good run stops earlier and knocked a ball loose for a fumble. Coe has clogged the middle some, as did Thornton. The run defense was fairly porous when none of those three were in.

Okoye had one good middle push where he got to the QB, but a defensive penalty took it away. Not much pressure by the defense, although Russell or McAdoo looped inside on a stunt and got a good hit on Weeden on the TD throw. McAdoo's sack was a gift caused by pressure from the other side.

But a sack is a sack, and from this D, I'll take it....:laugh:

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
For every good play there is almost always a bad one. I think Showers has looked halfway decent. Would have liked to see him get a chance with the 1's at some point so we could get a better gauge on him.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Half time talk, Keith Russell, and whoever the other guy was, said they think Jackson had a good TC and will make the team....what are they seeing....I don't see it. But they also said he has potential that they may nor want to take a chance on losing.
They started last year with 4 RBs and a FB, so may do the same this year. So that is why he makes the 53.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For every good play there is almost always a bad one. I think Showers has looked halfway decent. Would have liked to see him get a chance with the 1's at some point so we could get a better gauge on him.

Yes he has looked decent. But I still think I would want a vet as a backup on the roster regardless.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
1st and 10

3 wides: Savage, deep fade is a tad too short, incomplete.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
3rd and 6

shotgun; Savage back, light pressure pass is caught Bundrage caught, falls back up and to the 30.

haleyrules

Reaction score
Yes. Showers has done a half decent job. Cannot whine too much. Preseason is just a look see at what the club has. Not to be taken to heart.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
2nd and 13

Savage back, no pressure shallow middle goes for 45.