Predict: Rookies of the Year

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
Predict a winner and a runner up for both Offensive Rookie of the Year and Defensive Rookie of the Year.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
O.R.O.Y.: RB Deangelo Williams (CAR) [contingent on Foster's playtime]
runner up: WR Greg Jennings (GB)

D.R.O.Y: DE Mathias Kiwanuka (NYG)
runner up: CB Antonio Cromartie (SD)

marchetta

Reaction score
Offense: Reggie Bush. RB usually make the easies transition to the NFL from College. Duce will take snaps from him, but he'll get enough touches to rack up stats (runs, catches, returns). Furthermore, if you noticed, he only got 8 yards rushing versus Dallas, but he was still on every highlight show. ESPN even analysed his only 2 decent runs of the night. He's going to get major positive publicity even when he has a "bad" game. He has that winning smile that networks love, so he's going to be their golden boy. This will cause him to get votes that he may not deserve.

Defense: Kameron Wembley. I only saw him briefly this week. However, I saw him run around an OLT like he was standing still. Kam got by him, and when the OLT tried to get an angle on him, Kam got really low and dipped his left shoulder (like a reverse swim move) and just sprinted by him, and sacked the QB before he could even set up for the pass. It's been a long time since I've seen any DE have that type of speed and body lean, and this is coming from someone that has watched DeMarcus each week. I think he'll be among the top sack leaders. Sacks make ESPN's highlights, so even if he struggles with things like coverage and run stopping, all he'll have to do is make a sack and all anyone will talk about is the sack, and not about his otherwise poor play.

Connection20

Reaction score
Offense Gotta go with Reggie, hes going to be all over every highlight show, like someone said abut Kam Wimbley, if he has really bad flaws in his game, the general public wont know it.

Defense - Ive been saying for about a month now Donte Wittner and Im gonna stick by that. Ever since I read that Buffalo is switching to a Tampa 2 system. Wittner is very fast, and was very good at Ohio State in the deep half. I think he will lead all rookies in INTs and be among the leaders. Especially when looking at the Bills secondary, hes gonna get alot of balls thrown his way because they have a very good player at every other spot

marchetta

Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
D.R.O.Y: DE Mathias Kiwanuka (NYG)...

I also like DE Mathias Kiwanuka. He played great last week. But he has probowl vets in front of him, which will limit his time on the field. He'll be a major factor next year, but not this year, unless someone goes down with an injury. JMO.

STSINAZ

Reaction score
reggie bush is going to go off this year i can tell you that...he will be the OROY...hands down...defensive...maybe williams with the texans...thats who i would go with

YoungBuck

Reaction score
No way Reggie Bush wins ROY. We saw on monday how he performs when he faces a fast athletic defense. In a division with Carolina, Tampa, and Atlanta, he'll struggle. He may have a good career but with Deuce and the transition I see no chance he wins it.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
youngbuck said:
No way Reggie Bush wins ROY. We saw on monday how he performs when he faces a fast athletic defense. In a division with Carolina, Tampa, and Atlanta, he'll struggle. He may have a good career but with Deuce and the transition I see no chance he wins it.

Bush could win it on hype alone. He already has the greatest 9-yard run and most spectacular 11-yard catch in NFL history, and it's still the preseason.

Connection20

Reaction score
youngbuck said:

haha, we cant seem to agree on anything bro. But the above poster is correct, hes going to win it on hype. If you watched Sportscenter after the Monday night game they made it sound like we lost 50-0 and it was all because of Reggie. Its like ESPN has already decided who will won OROY

YoungBuck

Reaction score
I agree the hype's going to be big, but I can't help but think that it's going to die down the more he struggles.

Sep 10 @Cleveland 1:00pm
Sep 17 @Green Bay 1:00pm
Sep 25 Atlanta 8:30pm
Oct 1 @Carolina 1:00pm
Oct 8 Tampa Bay 1:00pm
Oct 15 Philadelphia 1:00pm
Week 7 BYE
Oct 29 Baltimore 1:00pm
Nov 5 @Tampa Bay 1:00pm
Nov 12 @Pittsburgh 1:00pm
Nov 19 Cincinnati 1:00pm
Nov 26 @Atlanta 1:00pm
Dec 3 San Francisco 1:00pm
Dec 10 @Dallas 1:00pm
Dec 17 Washington 1:00pm
Dec 24 @N.Y. Giants 1:00pm
Dec 31 Carolina 1:00pm

Cleveland, Green Bay, SanFran, and possible Cincy and Philthy. Those are the only games that he isn't going to play a top 15 rush defense.

If monday was a reflection of how he's going to play vs good NFL defenses as a rookie, and how much this team is going to struggle, I don't think he'll put up enough stats for the award.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
By the time Bush leaves Pittsburgh his hype will have subsided.

Offense: I am going to go with Vernon Davis. In the NFCW he should have a good showing especially under a Norv Turner run offense with a young QB. Other potential guys in my mind are Maroney, Addai, and Deangelo Williams.

Defense I am undecided, but I dont feel that Kiwi has a shot at all.

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
OROY: Reggie Bush - Might as well just hand it to him right now. He wouldn't even have to have the best stats, as long as he busts a couple runs that get shown week after week.

DROY: Pat Watkins - Newman and Williams will shut down their side of the field and I have a feeling the linebackers will be bringing the heat; Watkins can close very quickly meaning high tackles or possible picks. He just has to keep his hands on the ball. I think Watkins starts from day 1, making him a very viable option to put up good numbers in our defense. Add to it all the exposure he will get with Owens in town and expectations for a Superbowl.

JPM

Reaction score
AdamJT13 said:
Bush could win it on hype alone. He already has the greatest 9-yard run and most spectacular 11-yard catch in NFL history, and it's still the preseason.

I agree his hype will be unreal this year. Get ready for tons of USC highlights on ESPN.

With that being said, I'm going to choose D'Angelo Williams as my rookie of the year. I don't see Foster holding up an entire year.

For defense I like Mario Williams.

It's going to be an all Williams rookie show.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
AdamJT13 said:

LOL, ya I couldn't believe how they went on about that after we smothered him.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
reggie bush will win it...regardless of what he does. the media loves him and he will make enough highlights for people to vote for him.

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
Reggie Bush, partly because of the media hype, but mainly because he is the most talented offensive rookie coming in this year. He will break some, though is ypc average will be low otherwise. Our D is probably one of the best in the league and he was a hair from breaking one on us. Plus he will probably be returning punts and lining up in the slot at times. Barring injury i just don't see what else will stop him.

Defense i'm going to go with Manny Lawson simply because he was my favorite Defensive player coming out of the draft this year.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pat Watkins....if he starts early in the season, or I would like to think. But since he's a 5th rounder it won't happen. They will give it to a 1st, like wliimas from the Texans, or Lawson.

Probably Bush for Offense.