Predict: Rookies of the Year

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
I'll probably get flamed for this, but I wouldn't be resting on our laurels on how we played against Bush. Yeah we played him great, he had two decent plays.

But he had 6 touches, and it was preseason. I don't care how well we played him in that game, when Bush starts getting 20+ touches a game, he's gonna worry some teams, us included. If he keeps his feet on that 9 yard run, he scores. And with him, it's only a matter of time.

I can tell you one thing, though, if Ware is on his tail, he's going down. :D

OROY: Bush
DROY: Hawk

Gordon

Reaction score
OROY - DeAngelo Williams - There's few certainties in life, but one is that DeShaun Foster will get hurt. Williams will step in, and won't leave that backfield for 10 years.

DROY - Kamerion Wimbley - The Browns defense is going to emerge as a very good defense, and he'll be one of the main reasons.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
Predict a winner and a runner up for both Offensive Rookie of the Year and Defensive Rookie of the Year.

Reggie Bush and what the heck.....Carpenter defense.....I've been called a homer before!

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
Bush will win OROY, even if averages 20 yards a game on 10 touches like he did against us. The hype is unreal. Let the guy do something before you gush that hard. 4 rushes 7 yards? Great game. What an exciting player.

Runner up: Joseph Addi(sp?) I think he's expected to back up Rhodes, but I think he'll be getting a lot of touches by week 4. 1000 yards and 7 TDs.

Kameron Wembley, He has really nice pass rush skills. Like someone said, he flew around a LT the other night like it was simple.

RUnner up: Antonio Cromartie. This guy is gunna be GOOD.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
EveryoneElse said:
Bush will win OROY, even if averages 20 yards a game on 10 touches like he did against us. The hype is unreal. Let the guy do something before you gush that hard. 4 rushes 7 yards? Great game. What an exciting player.

Did you see the run against the Titans?? Watch that then tell me he's not an exciting player.:rolleyes:

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
Did you see the run against the Titans?? Watch that then tell me he's not an exciting player.:rolleyes:

Is he going to do the Marcus Allen run every game?

Nice run, what has he done besides that?

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
EveryoneElse said:
Is he going to do the Marcus Allen run every game?

Nice run, what has he done besides that?

Besides that? Well let's see he has 10 carries for 66 yards.

Geez, give him some time, he's played 2 PRESEASON games. All I'm saying is anyone who tells me they don't think Bush is an exciting player right now is biased and is fooling themselves.

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
Besides that? Well let's see he has 10 carries for 66 yards.

Geez, give him some time, he's played 2 PRESEASON games. All I'm saying is anyone who tells me they don't think Bush is an exciting player right now is biased and is fooling themselves.

10 carries for 66 yards with 40+ coming on a broken play.

He has skill, I've seen that first hand.

Exciting? Absolutely. Not against us though.

What did he do against us to make the game announcers and ESPN anchors call it a "Great and Exciting Performance"?

I didn't see anything that I haven't seen before.

The guy has skill, no denying that.....

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
EveryoneElse said:
10 carries for 66 yards with 40+ coming on a broken play.

He has skill, I've seen that first hand.

Exciting? Absolutely. Not against us though.

What did he do against us to make the game announcers and ESPN anchors call it a "Great and Exciting Performance"?

I didn't see anything that I haven't seen before.

The guy has skill, no denying that.....

Who cares what ESPN says? They're just trying to suck in the viewers so they can make their money. Sensationalism sells.

Other than that, you're right we shut them down, but see my post #21 above.

marchetta

Reaction score
AdamJT13 said:
Bush could win it on hype alone. He already has the greatest 9-yard run and most spectacular 11-yard catch in NFL history, and it's still the preseason.

Exactly, he's going to lead off every SportsCenter each week whether he does something great or not. His hype will over-shadow his shortcomings, and leave the average voter with the impression that he's having a better year than he may actually be having. This will swing votes, his way, that he may not necessarily deserve.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
Gordon said:
OROY - DeAngelo Williams - There's few certainties in life, but one is that DeShaun Foster will get hurt. Williams will step in, and won't leave that backfield for 10 years.

DROY - Kamerion Wimbley - The Browns defense is going to emerge as a very good defense, and he'll be one of the main reasons.

I tend to agree with this OROY for the same reasons, but to inject some harsh realities into this...remember that Reggie split time with a running back while at USC. He too got some outstanding numbers and even had more touchdowns (I Think ??). So take that for what it's worth. As far as DROY I have to go with my FSU homer pick in Wembley mainly because like another poster said, Pwat was drafted too low and won't be the pretty pick although I think he will deserve it. GO COWBOYS....GO FSU! :bow:

koolaid

Drink Me
Reaction score
AdamJT13 said:
Bush could win it on hype alone. He already has the greatest 9-yard run and most spectacular 11-yard catch in NFL history, and it's still the preseason.
:laugh2: :laugh2:
they were marvelous werent they?
besides, the only reason he had an "average" game was because he didnt feel like showing all his stuff in the preseason

YoungBuck

Reaction score
starfrombirth said:
I tend to agree with this OROY for the same reasons, but to inject some harsh realities into this...remember that Reggie split time with a running back while at USC. He too got some outstanding numbers and even had more touchdowns (I Think ??). So take that for what it's worth. As far as DROY I have to go with my FSU homer pick in Wembley mainly because like another poster said, Pwat was drafted too low and won't be the pretty pick although I think he will deserve it. GO COWBOYS....GO FSU! :bow:

LenDale White has the all-time USC record for TD's. So to answer your question, no Bush didn't have more tds than white.

YoungBuck

Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
I'll probably get flamed for this, but I wouldn't be resting on our laurels on how we played against Bush. Yeah we played him great, he had two decent plays.

But he had 6 touches, and it was preseason. I don't care how well we played him in that game, when Bush starts getting 20+ touches a game, he's gonna worry some teams, us included. If he keeps his feet on that 9 yard run, he scores. And with him, it's only a matter of time.

I can tell you one thing, though, if Ware is on his tail, he's going down. :D

OROY: Bush
DROY: Hawk

He avg'd 1.7 yds/carry vs us. Ok, if he gets 20 carries there's 34 yfds. Sorry if I'm not impressed.

In the Tennessee game outside of the long run he avg'd 3 yrds/carry. If he gets 20 carries, there's 60 yrds. Excuse me if I'm still not impressed.

The line is shakey, and he plays a tough schedule. I'm not saying he won't have a good career, but he won't have a good rookie year.

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
AdamJT13 said:

call the Hall of Fame so they can get started on his bust!

:laugh1:

Reggie already has so much hype in his corner, they ought to start voting for the Pro-Bowl this weekend.

YoungBuck

Reaction score
peplaw06 said:

Did you see the run vs the titans? I want you to watch it again and look for Left DE Kyle Vanden Bosh crash hard on the pile and break containment. Watch the saftey and LB take a poor angle and break containment. Any RB with a hair of speed makes that play. Nothing special there. He tried that once vs the cowboys, but we held containment. That doesn't happen vs a good defense.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
youngbuck said:
He avg'd 1.7 yds/carry vs us. Ok, if he gets 20 carries there's 34 yfds. Sorry if I'm not impressed.

In the Tennessee game outside of the long run he avg'd 3 yrds/carry. If he gets 20 carries, there's 60 yrds. Excuse me if I'm still not impressed.
Hello, ever hear of a small sample size?? That's my point. He gets 20 touches and you are going to have to worry about him more often than not. He's going to average over 3 YPC this year. Book it.