Predict: Rookies of the Year

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
youngbuck said:
Did you see the run vs the titans? I want you to watch it again and look for Left DE Kyle Vanden Bosh crash hard on the pile and break containment. Watch the saftey and LB take a poor angle and break containment. Any RB with a hair of speed makes that play. Nothing special there. He tried that once vs the cowboys, but we held containment. That doesn't happen vs a good defense.

Oh I saw the run. And I never said the Titans were a great defense. What I said was he's an exciting player, and anyone who thinks otherwise is nuts.

The thing is most NFL RBs wouldn't make that play because no one would try to cut it back across the field. Will he get caught sometimes and lose more yardage, sure... But he's also going to break some. It's been a while since we've seen a RB like this guy.

cboyd

Reaction score
I think it will be between Greg Jennings and Deangelo Williams for Offensive Rookie of the year and Wimbley being defensive rookie of the year

YoungBuck

Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
Oh I saw the run. And I never said the Titans were a great defense. What I said was he's an exciting player, and anyone who thinks otherwise is nuts.

The thing is most NFL RBs wouldn't make that play because no one would try to cut it back across the field. Will he get caught sometimes and lose more yardage, sure... But he's also going to break some. It's been a while since we've seen a RB like this guy.

He was an exciting COLLEGE player. I havn't seen anything exciting in the NFL. Had Vanden Bosh done his job and plugged the outside that would have been a 3yrd loss. He tries way too hard to do somthing exciting instead of just getting positive yards. There were a few plays agaisnt dallas where if he had just turned it up and settled for 2 yrds it would have been productive. Instead he tried to bounce it wide and was stopped by Ware for no gain, when he should have had a first down.

He may break some, but so do just about every running back.

It's been a while since we've seen a RB like him? hahah Reggie Bush will be the next Brian Westbrook.

Hiero

Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
Predict a winner and a runner up for both Offensive Rookie of the Year and Defensive Rookie of the Year.
offensive rookie of the year: reggie bush
runner up: deangelo williams
defensive rookie of the year: aj hawk
runner up: Manny Lawson

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
He won't be offensive rookie of the year, but Atlanta RB Jerious Norwood could be this year's Willie Parker.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
ROPY: goes to Bush just cause the media has hypes him up so much for having mediocre games then when he does have some decent games they will make him look like a GOD.

DRPL: Wembley cause he just reminds me so much of Demarcus Ware and Wembley came from a conference with a lot better talent so it should be an easier adjustment for him to the pros than it was for Ware who obviously had a DRPL type year. Both Ware and Wembley will be absolute beasts for years

scottsp

Reaction score
Reggie Bush - Hype be damned, he will have to earn the honor. I believe he will.

AJ Hawk - I am a big fan. Tenacious and smart linebacker. Highly productive.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
youngbuck said:
He was an exciting COLLEGE player. I havn't seen anything exciting in the NFL. Had Vanden Bosh done his job and plugged the outside that would have been a 3yrd loss. He tries way too hard to do somthing exciting instead of just getting positive yards. There were a few plays agaisnt dallas where if he had just turned it up and settled for 2 yrds it would have been productive. Instead he tried to bounce it wide and was stopped by Ware for no gain, when he should have had a first down.

He may break some, but so do just about every running back.

It's been a while since we've seen a RB like him? hahah Reggie Bush will be the next Brian Westbrook.
You're insane. And basically everyone in the free world agrees with that assessment. I don't care if you haven't seen anything in the NFL yet...? Yeah keep making your assessments on his first 20 touches of his career in preseason games. He's an exciting player and you have no objective reason to back your position that he's not. You're just a hater.

You say he's the next Brian Westbrook, I say he's the next Marshall Faulk/Barry Sanders.