Predict the 2024 record - schedule looks brutal

DCowboyz

Reaction score
Don’t worry. We will surprise ourselves, winning 12 games, maybe even winning back to back division titles. But we won’t make it past the divisional round. So it doesn’t matter.

jgboys1

Reaction score
I’m going 9-8, if everything breaks right!
This team’s champion aspirations has run its course!
I can’t believe Jerry is actually going to run this team back one more time?
If anything, the locker room will get even more toxic, if Dak comes back with pretty much the same roster and coaches.
Lucky to make the playoffs and if we do, we are definitely one and done unless there are some major changes in the offseason, which I don’t think is going to happen.
If Jerry extends Dak, that will say a lot!

Pentagruel

Reaction score
No high draft picks, salary cap hell, likely Dak Extension, CD becoming the highest paid WR in NFL history, Micah becoming the highest paid EDGE and MM staying as HC aswell as the Jones doing what the Jones do, you just have to feel its gonna be a tough year.

We had one of the easiest schedules in the NFL this year, feasted on it and got smacked in the face facing good teams (SF, Bills, Packers).

2024 Schedule looks brutal besides the NFCE

2x Giants
2x WASH
2x Eagles

Home Games
vs. Saints (almost Playoff Team this season)
vs. TB (Playoff Team this season)
vs. Ravens (AFCG 2023, likely SB Appearance this season)
vs. Bengals (Joe Burrow back, winning record this season)
vs. Lions (NFCG this season)
vs. Houston (Playoff Team this season, likely contender for the next years with CJ Stroud)

Away
@ SF (NFCG, likely SB Appearance this season) -> Yearly smack in the face
@ Browns (Playoff Team this season, tough Defense)
@ Steelers (Playoff Team this season)
@ Jags (Free W)
@ Falcons (good home team, finished 7-10)

I feel like we split with WASH and the Eagles, win twice against the Giants.
Beat Saints at home, TB is 50/50, the Rest we are underdogs in our own house

Away only gimmick is Jags and maybe Falcons.

I see 8-9 or 9-8 at best especially with another weak draft, no improvements from the 2023 class and another JAG shopping Free Agency.
I see 5 wins in the division since we own them all. I see wins vs Saints, TB, and one of the other three home games, wins at falcons and Jags and split with Steelers/Browns. So 11-6 I guess.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
No high draft picks, salary cap hell, likely Dak Extension, CD becoming the highest paid WR in NFL history, Micah becoming the highest paid EDGE and MM staying as HC aswell as the Jones doing what the Jones do, you just have to feel its gonna be a tough year.

We had one of the easiest schedules in the NFL this year, feasted on it and got smacked in the face facing good teams (SF, Bills, Packers).

2x Giants
2x WASH
2x Eagles

Home Games
vs. Houston (Playoff Team this season, likely contender for the next years with CJ Stroud)

Away
@ Jags (Free W)

I see 8-9 or 9-8 at best especially with another weak draft, no improvements from the 2023 class and another JAG shopping Free Agency.
11-6

GuitarBytes

Reaction score
The problem is not the schedule, the problem is that the other teams have been getting stronger and better and the cowboys are still in the same place, for more than 10 years. and this coming season looks to be a lost year and I think they will not even make the playoffs.

75boyz

Reaction score
I'll say they either win enough to make the playoffs and get bounced early
OR they don't even win enough to make the playoffs.

Sorry, no specific numbers but that's my version of going out on a limb, lol

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
So you won't be watching?
Don't know. For the first time in 50 years of being a fan, I am totally disgusted with the organization. The 1-15 season was better than the last season.. at least we had something to build off of and look forward to. With this current team, there is nothing to be excited about. It's depressing knowing that no matter what we do during the season, it will not matter. I am hoping that by the time this comes around again, I will be able to be excited. But I doubt it. My guess is I will watch games that are convienent to watch but I won't plan things around the games like I have always done.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1ae10j.jpg

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

2x Giants
2x WASH
2x Eagles

Home Games

Away
@ Jags (Free W)

It does look like a somewhat tough schedule. But honestly none of us know which of those teams will be better, the same or worse. The NFL is a year to year league.

Who would’ve thought Tampa Bay would be better this year with Baker Mayfield than last year with Brady? Who would have thought Philly, a dominant team last year would be a toothless free-fall by season’s end? Who would’ve thought the packers would evolve into really good team with Jordan Love in his first year as a starter?

The NFL is extremely unpredictable. Looking ahead at schedules and opponents months before the draft, FA and coaching changes is just too early. IMO.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Don't know. For the first time in 50 years of being a fan, I am totally disgusted with the organization. The 1-15 season was better than the last season.. at least we had something to build off of and look forward to. With this current team, there is nothing to be excited about. It's depressing knowing that no matter what we do during the season, it will not matter. I am hoping that by the time this comes around again, I will be able to be excited. But I doubt it. My guess is I will watch games that are convienent to watch but I won't plan things around the games like I have always done.
I'm in the same exact boat. If they do what they normally do during free agency then I won't be watching very much.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Really hard to tell whether a lot of these teams will be good or bad next year.

I predict a lot of change next year...and while Balt, SF, and the Chiefs are probably constant, I could see a lot of new teams in the playoffs next year

CWR

Reaction score
10 - 7 record, wild card, 1 and done in the playoffs.

Wins
Commanders
Giants(2x)
Eagles
Bucs
Falcons
Bengals
Saints
Texans
Lions

Losses
Commanders
Eagles
Ravens
49ers
Browns
Steelers
Jags
This, another wasted year of false hope.

LonnieElam

Reaction score
I may be in the minority here, but I think next season will be special because Jerry finally dies. Fingers crossed.