Predict the regular season record for the Dallas Cowboys

Doomsay

Reaction score
Reality;4092242 said:
Here is your chance to go on record and predict the win-loss record for the Dallas Cowboys for the 2005 season.

Do you have a link to last season's prediction poll / thread? I think that I whiffed like most others but can't remember the exact prediction.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
I think Garrett's attention to detail will pay dividends early in the season, while other teams try to work out kinks and find an identity. The bye week works into our favor for the first time in forever. It isn't to early and it isn't to late to disrupt any groove we may get into. I see us going at least 4-2 in our division and possibly sweeping. Overall, my prediction is 11-5.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
Everyone knows the offense can score points but I think the defense is going to be surprisingly good. Ryan's never had a toy like Ware before.

Went with 13-3

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
9-7.

We'll go into the last week with an outside shot at a playoff spot, but things won't quite work out.

Continuity on the OL matters - they'll be okay this year, but there wiill be mistakes. Next year, watch out!

Also, we're a year and a draft away from running Rob's defense the way it's meant to be run.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
I see a lot of the cave dwellers aren't making a prediction. Scared to be on record?

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Reality;4092242 said:
Here is your chance to go on record and predict the win-loss record for the Dallas Cowboys for the 2005 season.

Well I guess we will go 9-7 in 2005.

In 2011 however? I'm going 9-7 aswell ironically. I'm pretty much stuck between 8-8, 9-7 or 10-6. So I went in the middle. I believe we are a younger team than last year, but also a better team. Our coaching has to be improved and with Romo now 31, he is probably feeling some urgency to get to the big game. Every franchise QB wants to win a lombardi trophy, and Romo is no different.

Deep_South

Reaction score
10-6

This is probably the hardest year to figure out in recent memory. All of those rookies on the OL make it difficult to predict the offense, and we'll just have to wait and see if Rob Ryan can improve was is essentially the same defense we had a year ago that gave up all of those points.

Doomsay

Reaction score
cowboyeric8;4093895 said:
I see a lot of the cave dwellers aren't making a prediction. Scared to be on record?

It would be interesting to see everybody's predictions from last year too, but they seem to be NLA.

DoomsDayD

Reaction score
Reality;4092242 said:

Sorry but i have to say 7-9. The secondary really scares me along with the O-Line. I am just a pessimist until proven wrong..which i hope i am.

poke

the older I get the better I was
Reaction score
i say 9-7.

i usually go a little more optimistic but trying to be realistic.

improving by 3 wins is nothing to sneeze at, especially after a year where you had no offseason and added a new defensive coordinator.

as usual, injuries can also play a role so dont chisel it in stone.

the thing is, if you are good enough to win 9 games in the NFL, with a few breaks and the right attitude its always possible to win a game or two you might not should have won so theres always reason to hope.

MS17

Reaction score
9-7. Looking forward to the season, and it's going to be interesting come December.

fifaguy

Reaction score
DoomsDayD;4094303 said:
Sorry but i have to say 7-9. The secondary really scares me along with the O-Line. I am just a pessimist until proven wrong..which i hope i am.

pessimist or the mind winning out over the heart? the 'boys have personnel/depth issues all over the place; hard to see this thing playing out better than 7-9 or 8-8.