CZ POLL ***** Predict the Season Record for the 2022 Cowboys -- CLOSED *****

How many wins and losses will the Cowboys have this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottishcowboy

Reaction score
9-8.

We can't sweep the East again..............can we?

I hate stating the blindingly obvious but injuries could make a big difference. Dak is the obvious one as QB and all teams will have this issue but I'm scared to think of the impact a significant Parsons injury would do to the defence and to a lesser degree with the WR situation right now, Lamb going down for multiple games.

I didn't see the 13-3 2016 season coming so who knows.

quickccc

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys 2022 Records: 9-8
2nd in NFC East Division behind Philly Eagles

1) Tampa Bay – LOSS
2) Cincy - LOSS
3) @NYGiants – WIN
4) Washington – Win

5) @LA Rams – LOSS
6) @Philly – LOSS
7) Detroit – WIN
8) Chicago – WIN

BYE

9) @Green Bay – LOSS
10) @ Minnesota – WIN
11) NY Giants – WIN
12) Indianapolis – LOSS
13) Houston – WIN

14) @jacksonville – WIN
15) Philadelphia – WIN
16) @Tennessee – LOSS
17) @ Washington – LOSS

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I’m sure you have the Eagles winning more than us. But who else? Washington and NYG both look far worse on paper than Dallas.

Let’s break down the logic to it:

Washington won a down NFCE in 2020. Which means in 2021 they came in with a first place schedule. They finished 7-10 despite having to play the Bills AND the Packers AND the Rams AND the Bucs. Without context it looks like a run of the mill 3 games under .500, but every one of those teams made the divisional round. 7 wins in that scenario isn’t too bad.

Now in 2022, they have a similar team, but no longer have a first place schedule. If they didn’t have to play those teams last year, would 8-9 be so unbelievable? How about 9-8? Not unlikely if removing GB and LA and BUF. Suddenly they’re no longer a losing team, scheduling has a big impact.

Now consider all the personnel changes in the NFCE. Lots of new players, but it’s hard to argue any one of them is a bigger deal than a QB upgrade. Carson may only be the 16th or 17th best QB in the NFL, but he gives them a clear upgrade over Heinicke.

Washington lost to Dallas 27-20. Heinicke in that game was 11-27 with an interception, probably the worst QB performance Dallas saw all season. Washington also lost to Philadelphia 20-16. They very plausibly win both those games with Wentz.

So a 7-10 team with a 1st place schedule and the 27th best QB becomes a team with a third place schedule and a top 17ish QB. If Carson can give them 63% completion and only 7 INTs over 17 games like he did Indy… 10-7 is very possible.

Last edited:

Jumbo075

Reaction score
If the Cowboys can win their first two home games against Tampa and Cincinnati AND Dak Prescott doesn't get injured, the Cowboys will win 12-13 games.

Mannix

Reaction score
9-8....David Carr comes out of retirement to lead Washington to a victory in final game...handing the East to Philly at 10-7.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
I went with 13-4 last year, this year, 12-5.

Why am I not surprised that 16 members here voted for a losing record? :facepalm:

To all the Cowboys fans here, GO COWBOYS!!! :flagwave:

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
9-8. Eagles win the division. We go into the playoffs (thank you expanded 7 team playoffs) Lose in the first round.
Tough schedule, especially in the first half of the season. We face Brady, Bengals, Rams, Packers. Holes on
offensive line, a declining Zeke, and I still think we're weak at the defensive tackles.
Couldn’t have said it better.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
9-8 is my prediction.

History is a stubborn thing. It’s hard not to ignore two and a half decades of evidence. Here’s what they must overcome with history:
  • They haven’t won back to back division titles since 95-96.
  • They haven’t had back to back double digit win seasons since 95-96.
  • They haven’t made the playoffs in back to back seasons since 2006-07.
If I’m being objective without the fan glasses, do I think this team is as good or better than last year? No I don’t. Certainly hope I’m wrong and will celebrate if the Cowboys finally break out of these historical numbers. Can’t wait for the season to start.
I’m intrigued by the Cowboys this year but certainly expecting a 9-8 year. Being objective means that Micah himself is probably going to have to be responsible for forcing 3-4 turnovers and getting quite a few big yardage sacks that give the team short fields.

Turpin may provide some electricity in the return game we haven’t seen in awhile.

Outside of that I don’t think Noah Brown, Simi Fehoko or Jalen Tolbert are going to scream NFL stud the first half of the season. Tyler Smith may have been an upgrade if he stayed at LG. I don’t think he’ll have much success year 1 at LT given all his penalties at that position at TULSA last year.

If the defense stays healthy they have a chance to steal some games like 1 of the first 2 and hopefully sweep the Eagles. Outside of that, the QB is going to have to play at a Rodgers type level to overcome the adversity he’s facing early.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Going with 8-9 and hoping I’m wrong, which I frequently am. :)

coult44

Reaction score
I am going against the grain this season. When everyone in the media, on this site, and all over the internet go one way, I’ve learned to go the other. Everyone thinks this is going to be a down year. For years we’ve been told defense wins championships. Now all of a sudden the Cowboys have what could be a top 5 defense, and everyone is forgetting that!!!
The Cowboys defense is going to shock y’all. This is going to be “Legion of Boom” type team.
12-5 will be the record, and they will be competing for a NFC Title.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Likely 9-8. Another meddling season. We’ve lost a lot of our big players. Schedule is a bit on the tougher side, especially the first few weeks. We have a while until we reach where we’ll want to be.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I'm the eternal optimist that starts every season thinking going undefeated is possible. I'm a homer! I say that without shame or equivocation.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I'm the eternal optimist that starts every season thinking going undefeated is possible. I'm a homer! I say that without shame or equivocation.
When I saw your name and your prediction, I said "He must seriously be JoKing!" ;) :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.