Predict this years All-NFC East Team

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
EMMITTnROY said:
The NFC East definitely has the best trio of safeties from one division in the NFL.. Roy, Dawkins, and Taylor..

I would say that we also have the best trio of tight ends with Shockey, Witten, and Cooley..

sorry, gonzalez and gates are far and away the best combo of TEs, throw in any other average TE like courtney anderson and they are the best 3. besides, cooley isnt really a TE

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Future 585 said:
sorry, gonzalez and gates are far and away the best combo of TEs, throw in any other average TE like courtney anderson and they are the best 3. besides, cooley isnt really a TE

I think he means best trio of TEs in a division

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
I do

Manning is being vastly overrated...he just doesnt have much in terms of accuracy or arm strength to impress me...he might be an ok starter for the next several years, but thats all he'll ever be is "ok"

I'm sure most in the emdia will continue to give him a free pass though, since his last name is Manning

David
I don't think he's getting any kind of free pass, for his name or otherwise. The kid takes a ton of heat, and like it or not he out produced several decent QBs in just his 2nd year. Can he improve? Of course. Will he? Don't know. I'd take him right now. He's got potential to be one of the top QBs in the league.

IMO.

illone

Reaction score
For right now, though, you give the edge to Brunell or Bledsoe as the better QBs. Sure, if you're building a franchise you take the young gun with potential. For one season you stick with either of the vets.

jrockster77

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
Defense
DE: Usi
DE: Strahan
DT: Griffin
DT: Ferguson
OLB: Ware
MLB: Akin Ayodele
OLB: Marcus Washington
CB: Anthony Henry
CB: Terrence Newman
FS: Sean Taylor
SS: Roy Williams

Are you sure you're a Cowboys fan?? :D

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
illone said:
For right now, though, you give the edge to Brunell or Bledsoe as the better QBs. Sure, if you're building a franchise you take the young gun with potential. For one season you stick with either of the vets.
I wouldn't, but that's just me.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
jrockster77 said:
Are you sure you're a Cowboys fan?? :D

Leave him alone! summerisfunner is just drunk! He does not know what he's saying...wait till he's sober!

:star:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
5Stars said:
Leave him alone! summerisfunner is just drunk! He does not know what he's saying...wait till he's sober!

Then he really won't know what he's saying.

jrockster77

Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
not bad but a few real head scratchers there IMO...Samuels and Adams both play LT, but if Adams is 100% he is clearly a better player...

Clearly a better player?? You can argue that he's the better tackle, but if true, its a very close race. One player is not clearly better than the other by any means.

Andrews should only be on the list if your talking about who can slam the most big macs and whoppers in one sitting...

lmao...Fatbutt Andrews and Max Jean-Gilles should have an eat-off to determine that title...

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
:( I though we were friends *runs away*
An employee at work used my PC while I was in the can.

Yeah, that's the ticket.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
jrockster77 said:
lmao...Fatbutt Andrews and Max Jean-Gilles should have an eat-off to determine that title...

They still cannot out eat that 145 lb Japanese guy that ate 44 and 1/2 hotdogs in 12 minutes!

boysfanindc

Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
not bad but a few real head scratchers there IMO...Samuels and Adams both play LT, but if Adams is 100% he is clearly a better player...Andrews should only be on the list if your talking about who can slam the most big macs and whoppers in one sitting...Jason Ferguson didnt show anything last yr to warrant being on any "best of" list...Darren Howard was terrible last yr in New Orleans, how could anyone in their right mind pick him over Michael Strahan...not sure Lemar Marhsall should be on there either

David

Well, I would hate to hear what you would have to say if you thought it was a bad list, because I am clearly not in my right mind.

Do you kick the dog when you get home?

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Hostile said:
I actually think it won't be long before Eli is the best QB in the division.
I think you're right and at the same time expect Eli to be viewed a bust in the long run.

He should head to the top of the NFCE QB chart because Brunell has 1 or 2 years left and Bledsoe is at most 1 year beyond that. McNabb is slowing down and the Eagles offense as a whole is rebuilding.

All that said QBs are more tied to their surrounding cast than any other position. Eli is probably not going to ever have an offensive cast as good as he had last season. Tiki was phenomenal, Shockey, Burress and the OL were very good. That team is taking on some age around Eli.

Compare that to Dallas where they had Michael here, most of the OL and little else when they drafted Aikman but built up with him and added Emmitt right afterwards. The team matured with him. Eli does not look to have that chance. If the team does falter when Tiki and Strahan depart thats really Eli's prime and he will viewed harshly if they do not win.

The Answer

Benched
Reaction score
boysfanindc said:
Saw this posted by a Boys fan on the other site, seems fairly right to me, but getting a lot of grief from skins fans.

I think if the OL protects Bledsoe has a shot, with the weapons he now has.

QB: Donovan McNabb
RB: Clinton Portis
RB: Tiki Barber
WR: Terrell Owens
WR: Santana Moss
TE: Jason Witten
OT: Flozell Adams
OT: Chris Samuels
OG: Chris Snee
OG: Shawn Andrews
C: Casey Rabach

DE: Osi Umenyora
DE: Darren Howard
DT: Jason Ferguson
DT: Cornelius Griffin
LB: DeMarcus Ware
LB: Marcus Washington
LB: Lemar Marshall
CB: Shawn Springs
CB: Terence Newman
SS: Roy Williams
FS: Brian Dawkins

Bledsoe was the best QB in the division last year.....without all the weapons, a sporadic running game, and a patchwork oline....this year he should be All NFL, not just all NFC East...

~The Answer

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Me thinks that boysfanindc forgot all about Marcus Spears, who I think will be a terror on defense, starting this season.

Watch out for Marcus Spears! :eek:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
The Answer said:
Bledsoe was the best QB in the division last year.....without all the weapons, a sporadic running game, and a patchwork oline....this year he should be All NFL, not just all NFC East...

~The Answer
Two QBs in the division took their teams further, but he was the best?

Bad math there Jimmy.