Predicting the Cowboys in the playoffs

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Help me to understand: Murray isn't the reason the Cards beat us, even though his offense scored more points than we did. So if the Cowboys' offense had scored more points than the Cardinals' offense, who would have been responsible for the win?
The only reason they scored more than us is because our offense couldn't stay on the field, which means our defense had to keep playing, and getting tired. It was their defense that beat us, (or we beat ourselves, however you want to look at it) just as it was our defense that gave us any chance to win.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
The only reason they scored more than us is because our offense couldn't stay on the field, which means our defense had to keep playing, and getting tired. It was their defense that beat us, (or we beat ourselves, however you want to look at it) just as it was our defense that gave us any chance to win.

While I agree the defense gave us a chance to win.. but we need to stop blaming the offense because they couldn't get off the field on 3rd down. .. the first quarter went 7 plays for the Cowboys, 8 plays for the Cards, 12 plays for the Cowboys, 3 plays for the Cards, 3 plays for the Cowboys, SEVENTEEN plays for the Cards.. Notice the before that 17 play drive the Cowboys had run 22 plays to 11 for the Cardinals.. So it wasn't the OFFENSE that let the Cards tire them out.. Then the Cowboys ran off 15 plays.. Then the Cards ran 7 quick plays in the 2 minute. So in the first half it was 37 plays for Dallas to 34 for the Cardinals.. Yet the Cards led 13-7. So blaming the offense the number of snaps they played doesn't work for the first half.. And the offense had very little to do with the 11 play drive they gave up coming out of the half. That's 100% on them.. Stop 'em and you don't have to face as many snaps..

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
While I agree the defense gave us a chance to win.. but we need to stop blaming the offense because they couldn't get off the field on 3rd down. .. the first quarter went 7 plays for the Cowboys, 8 plays for the Cards, 12 plays for the Cowboys, 3 plays for the Cards, 3 plays for the Cowboys, SEVENTEEN plays for the Cards.. Notice the before that 17 play drive the Cowboys had run 22 plays to 11 for the Cardinals.. So it wasn't the OFFENSE that let the Cards tire them out.. Then the Cowboys ran off 15 plays.. Then the Cards ran 7 quick plays in the 2 minute. So in the first half it was 37 plays for Dallas to 34 for the Cardinals.. Yet the Cards led 13-7. So blaming the offense the number of snaps they played doesn't work for the first half.. And the offense had very little to do with the 11 play drive they gave up coming out of the half. That's 100% on them.. Stop 'em and you don't have to face as many snaps..
I guess I stand corrected. It seemed like the offense barley kept the ball in the first half. I guess the lack of points made it feel like they were doing nothing.

I still stand behind my statement that the defense kept us in it, and it wasn't Murray who beat us.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
So their defense beat us.
Thanks.

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
This team is to inconsistent to predict anything honestly.

Wish that wasn't the case. They could be as bad as one and done or as good as contenders. Depends on which team shows up.

stiletto

Reaction score
I think the slump is in a lot of minds on the team now especially on Offense. I don't expect a playoff win unless the Defense balls out and even then, will probably just maybe be one. Highly doubt this team gets past the first round but I'd like to be shocked.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
One and done unless Moore has been bluffing...which I highly doubt. It's an undisciplined team that can't run the football

I didn't put much stock in the holding back angle either until I realized that we have not run a jet sweep in like 5 games and we are down to using pre-snap motion less than 20% of the time. Something is up.. I don't know what it is.. But I REALLY hope they've just been trying not to put all the good stuff on tape.. Including the outside and off tackle runs that ate teams up early on in the season..

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Okay, I'm curious what everyone thinks. A few games ago I thought that they had a real shot at making it to the NFC Championship game and maybe even making a SB appearance.

After the Cardinals game, I've reassessed my opinion since they're a playoff caliber team.

What does everyone predict?

Here's mine: While I'd be thrilled at a SB appearance, I don't think that the Cowboys will even make it to the NFC Conference championship this time.

I think we beat the Cards in a first round rematch and then we travel to Green Bay and get plowed by Rogers.

So yet another year of not advancing past the divisional round, what would that be 26?

Brooksey

Reaction score
I didn't put much stock in the holding back angle either until I realized that we have not run a jet sweep in like 5 games and we are down to using pre-snap motion less than 20% of the time. Something is up.. I don't know what it is.. But I REALLY hope they've just been trying not to put all the good stuff on tape.. Including the outside and off tackle runs that ate teams up early on in the season..

They definitely changed the offense for the worse...can they flick the switch back on? We'll see but after 25 years of pain I'm predicating more pain until I see it

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I guess I stand corrected. It seemed like the offense barley kept the ball in the first half. I guess the lack of points made it feel like they were doing nothing.

I still stand behind my statement that the defense kept us in it, and it wasn't Murray who beat us.

No worries man I get it.. Sometimes a thing SEEMS a certain way when you're in the moment but when you take a step back you see things differently. The offense moved the ball just fine.. it was just that the penalties kept bogging them down before they could punch it in.. And of course having the kicking miss a mid-range FG didn't help either.