Prediction: Garrett is bought out tomorrow

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
The Garrett stays possibility ain't comical. Slater said it on the NFL channel last evening, there's a chance Garrett survives. Don't underestimate the close ties between the Jones' and the Garretts.
a lot of people have said a lot of things the last few days. all of it just guessing.

people feel like panicking, so they'll panic.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Jerry needs plenty of time to shower JG with sweet bouquets of kindness before kicking his *** out. :grin:

rags747

Reaction score
Front office position with the Jones boys I’m thinking.

glimmerman

Reaction score
If he is fired his contract is paid out. If he quits he don’t get paid.

Verdict

Reaction score
It’s 50/50 Garrett stays. I told you guys this one would be hard for Jerry to let go of. He WANTS to keep Garrett. He knows a majority of the fans want for Garrett to go.

Jerry is deciding how much fallout he is going to catch if Garrett stays and if it’s worth it. If it was just up to Jerry, Garrett stays.

This is t that hard to read the tea leaves. Garrett saying he wants to stay tells me that it’s not a foregone conclusion by any means.

jsb357

Reaction score
I think JJ is having second thoughts.

tenor.gif

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
I think that is what tomorrow's meeting is going to be. Negotiations towards a buyout. Neither side can make any move with him under contract until the 14th
I call bs. Jerry can make any move he wants under the guise that his new HC will not be in position until well after that anyways as well as the fact that if JG makes contention with him doing so a few days early then JG can simply fire him a few days early as wel.

Not a thing JG can do about it, so if Jerry is stalling right now it is because he is having second thoughts about letting JG go

I don't think he is stalling, but rather trying to fire JG softly.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Garrett stays possibility ain't comical. Slater said it on the NFL channel last evening, there's a chance Garrett survives. Don't underestimate the close ties between the Jones' and the Garretts.

She keeps holding onto that. She's done the same thing on her Boys and Girl podcast. She likes Jason the person and keeps trying to come up with scenarios where he stays. She's done it for weeks and weeks,no matter how bad the results get.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Im still worried that Jerry wants Jason here!
That is the worrisome part.

There needs to be a clean break (ie, clean house). anything less is unacceptable.

Besides if JG is so confident in his abilities why wouldn't he want a fresh start to show the world he can get it done.

Oh, easy money from a guy he has completely fooled into believing in him like a cult figure. There is always an angle with that RKG!!

Sydla

Reaction score
She keeps holding onto that. She's done the same thing on her Boys and Girl podcast. She likes Jason the person and keeps trying to come up with scenarios where he stays. She's done it for weeks and weeks,no matter how bad the results get.

True but you also have to admit Jerry has done a lot of crazy things in his time as owner of the Cowboys.

It doesn't stretch the realm of reality that he could convince himself that Garrett was undermined by the assistants and that in giving Jason an entire new staff, things might be different.

That's how bat **** crazy he is.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

You shut your bad mouthing Jane Slater!!!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
True but you also have to admit Jerry has done a lot of crazy things in his time as owner of the Cowboys.

It doesn't stretch the realm of reality that he could convince himself that Garrett was undermined by the assistants and that in giving Jason an entire new staff, things might be different.

That's how bat **** crazy he is.

Absolutely, given how he makes his decisions based on feelings and not results, you can't rule out any craziness until it's announced that Garrett is done as this team's head coach.

conner01

Reaction score
I think that is what tomorrow's meeting is going to be. Negotiations towards a buyout. Neither side can make any move with him under contract until the 14th
What is there to buy out
His contract is expiring