Prediction: Garrett is bought out tomorrow

Hypotenoose

Reaction score
Jerry wants to win a Super Bowl next season. He knows he needs a new coach to accomplish this. He probably also feels Garett is a fantastic coach, that may excel in another organization. That would be very damning for Jerry. Best case for Jerry: somehow keep Jason in the family and get the best coach possible from the playoff lot. It’s either this or I’m totally full of ****.

RodeoJake

Reaction score
She keeps holding onto that. She's done the same thing on her Boys and Girl podcast. She likes Jason the person and keeps trying to come up with scenarios where he stays. She's done it for weeks and weeks,no matter how bad the results get.

I see your point. Every time I hear her speak on the Cowboys, I get the impression of someone who's lost her objectivity. I thought it was just because I cain't stand the sight of her.

conner01

Reaction score
Just a heads up you guys: If they part ways today, Im going to find and use any evidence I can to claim he was bought out. No matter how comically shameful and inaccurate.

If Jones murders Garrett today.....definite buyout
He’s already been paid so there is nothing to buy out

Polkton31

Reaction score
Another option is that Jerry is giving him some sort of puppet position in the front office. That way, JG won't go somewhere else and possibly succeed... thus proving once and for all, Jerry is the main problem.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I see your point. Every time I hear her speak on the Cowboys, I get the impression of someone who's lost her objectivity. I thought it was just because I cain't stand the sight of her.

She may indeed be too close to the situation, to where she's allowed personal feelings to affect her judgement. That's about the only explanation I can come up with for how she's continued to suggest that Garrett could stay, despite this season's mountain of evidence to the contrary.

And that's exactly what Jerry himself has struggled with, personal feelings vs sound decisionmaking.

But I think we'll know today if Garrett takes a front office job or tries his luck coaching elsewhere.

ArtClink

Reaction score
Garrett will not be "fired" rather they will say they mutually agreed that they would "part ways".

What's next for Garrett? Well teams are lining up to hire the hc that made the playoffs 3 out of 9 years, right?

bb721

Reaction score
I think that is what tomorrow's meeting is going to be. Negotiations towards a buyout. Neither side can make any move with him under contract until the 14th

You can’t be serious. There is nothing to negotiate. He gets a paycheck for the next two weeks and then he’s no longer under contract.

Manster_Mash

Reaction score
Jerry doesn't want to make the New Year's party awkward, so no decision until tomorrow.

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
Garrett will not be "fired" rather they will say they mutually agreed that they would "part ways".

What's next for Garrett? Well teams are lining up to hire the hc that made the playoffs 3 out of 9 years, right?

Jason's going to give his two weeks notice.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
True but you also have to admit Jerry has done a lot of crazy things in his time as owner of the Cowboys.

It doesn't stretch the realm of reality that he could convince himself that Garrett was undermined by the assistants and that in giving Jason an entire new staff, things might be different.

That's how bat **** crazy he is.
Bad assistants for 10 years. lol

Sandyf

Reaction score
I think that is what tomorrow's meeting is going to be. Negotiations towards a buyout. Neither side can make any move with him under contract until the 14th
Buyout, there is no need. All they have to say is you are no longer employed after the 14th and you have no need to come in anymore. No buyout.

Techsass

Reaction score
We're the ones who are all on edge. Jerry & Jason already know what they're going to do. I don't know what todays meeting is about, but I seriously doubt it will be a reversal of what has been decided.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
:huh: why buy out? they will tell him he will not be renewed. nothing stops him from talking to other teams. nothing stops us from interviewing. 14th comes and things simply move forward.....why negotiate!!! for 14 days!!! makes no sense.

blueblood70

Reaction score
lol no business ever would buy out contract with less then 2 weeks left on it, if that is even true..some reports say it ends tonight at midnight , some say the 14th.. im betting the very small details in contract cover some language ie if the cowboys made it to the SB then it extends to the following day or in this case the contract can be voided by either party at years end if the playoffs are not reached...im sure it covers great deal on different scenarios and dates..i mean how could it not you cant end the deal on the 14th if they go further then that.....

no way is it being bought out lol

this extra time was already accounted for but noones paying attention,

Garett was allowed to come in today as pre-scheduled to meet with all coaches and players for exit interviews..More so in this case to say goodbyes..

Jerry was being compassionate and letting Jason fully get closure before he left..its that simple..theres no rush to make an announcement...