Prediction: How many losses will it take for Garrett to get fired?

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
After watching all the stupid ridiculous coaching decisions by Garrett last night, then watching two well coached teams play, SF vs Seattle, there is NO WAY this team will ever win a Super Bowl with “ call for a fair catch, and ice your kicker” Garrett. I believe it will take a total collapse to get Garrett fired. Really, Jerry is happy with a good show, win or loss( he said it himself when GB had a 24 point comeback vs us. Garrett of course was coaching and Romo was QB)

Since Jerry loves his step son and just wants a good show, I think it will take a 7-9 record or worse to get Garrett fired. What is your prediction?
I honestly think they would have to lose out.
Jerry is very stubborn.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Garrett has 20 lives? 50? I think it would take a full mutiny for Jerry to fire him.

I know I sound like a broken record but does anyone trust Jerry to hire someone better? Other than Jimmy Johnson, every hire either had a specific need/agenda (Parcells) or they were the typical laid back coaches (Gailey, Campo, Phillips, Garrett) that would not challenge the longstanding hierarchy. Switzer could be argued on the agenda side, which was to show Jimmy that anyone could lead the Cowboys to a SB win.
Pretty spot on observations

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
My cloudy crystal ball has the 'Boys and the Eagles both at 7-7 going into their meeting in Philly. Philly wins the game, we beat the'Skins in week 17 & end up a very Garrett-esq 8-8. Jerry then moves the redhead to a quasi GM roll which severely limits the new HC search. Urban Meyer, Lincoln Riley, & any other coveted candidates say "No thanks" to interviews & we end up with another puppet.
God that's a depressing thought.
I can realistically see that happening

BHendri5

Reaction score
I am sorry to say you will not get the answer this season or next or the year after etc

ghst187

Reaction score
Short of a NFC Championship game appearance, he is done.

oh I don’t think so at all. The only reason that could be possible is that his contract is up and Jerry could wait and see if someone interesting is available. I think it will take more, like missing the playoffs to seal his fate...which is quite realistic, I’d say even probable, at this point.
lve never hated a nicer guy.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I think he’s gone already, they just don’t have anyone to take his spot right now. Our top candidates are Richard, who sucks, Rod, who sucks, and Moore, who is WAYYY too inexperienced to be a HC. Besides that, who could be out interim HC? We have no options. Had we had someone that was somewhat competent within, we would have fired Garrett after the Jets loss.

Plus I think Jerry is waiting on Riley or someone else in particular. There’s no saving Garrett at this point, even if this team miraculous by the grace of all things godly got into the NFC Championship.

Agreed.

No amount of playoff wins will save him. Even nfc title game loss should not guarantee his survival.
He is not a head coach.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
This team never wins a Superbowl with Garrett. Never thought they would with that 2014 team, never thought that with the 2016 team, don't think it now. Hopefully Jerry finally sees that and doesn't waste the talent on this roster any longer.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
This team never wins a Superbowl with Garrett. Never thought they would with that 2014 team, never thought that with the 2016 team, don't think it now. Hopefully Jerry finally sees that and doesn't waste the talent on this roster any longer.

Give Jerry credit for a lot of things. He is great.

But, 10 years... finally seeing it is not what’s happening. He just doesn’t want to continue to be stubborn about Garrett. There is s difference.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I say 8 losses, and no playoff spot.
the thing is with 7 games left, can they lose 4 of them??

MS17

Reaction score
How large is the pool of decent HC candidates (to replace Garrett) who'd agree to the comfort zone arrangement Jerry has with his coaches? Makes me wonder if Jerry actually wants to let JG go and replace him.