Prediction... Ray Lewis the Commander

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Would it shock anyone if in the next 5-7 years... you know, just about when he starts to head downhill as a player... the Commanders sign Ray Lewis?

It's the perfect Danny Snyder hire!

Then he can sell club tickets to see the greatest linebacker tandem in the history of the NFL.

Henry

Reaction score
Danny White said:
Would it shock anyone if in the next 5-7 years... you know, just about when he starts to head downhill as a player... the Commanders sign Ray Lewis?

It's the perfect Danny Snyder hire!

Then he can sell club tickets to see the greatest linebacker tandem in the history of the NFL.

Hilarious.

Next thing you know, we'll sign a 40 year old free agent QB to hand off to our 31 year old free agent RB, and trade for a 32 year old receiver to play opposite our 30 year old free agent ...

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Henry said:
Hilarious.

Next thing you know, we'll sign a 40 year old free agent QB to hand off to our 31 year old free agent RB, and trade for a 32 year old receiver to play opposite our 30 year old free agent ...

Keep havin faith in that front office of yours.

Sooner or later you're bound to make the playoffs, right? Hey, maybe the NFL will have another strike-shortened season!

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Henry said:
Hilarious.

Oh...and maybe you guys will have draft picks too!

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Henry said:
Hilarious.

That 40 year old QB is putting up superior numbers to your QB....

Monte51Coleman

Respected Opponent
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:

The point of the thread was a shot at the Commanders signing players that are near the end of their careers. Try to keep up.
:D

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Monte51Coleman said:
The point of the thread was a shot at the Commanders signing players that are near the end of their careers. Try to keep up.

A Commander fan dodging a response when after they know theyve been exposed, what a shock..... :rolleyes:

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Monte51Coleman said:

Honestly, though, can't you see that signing somewhere in your near future?

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
But yeah, Dan Snydar is a moron and couldnt win with the 90s Cowboys, let alone the Commanders. He doesnt get how football works, you cant sign 20 new players every year and expect to wion and have chemistry. He doies it every year, and the Commanders havent sniffed the postseason in that time. Hopefully, he will wise up and ask someone for help... :rolleyes:

Monte51Coleman

Respected Opponent
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
A Commander fan dodging a response when after they know theyve been exposed, what a shock..... :rolleyes:

Your referring to the wrong Commander fan. I haven't dodged anything here, at any time. I am simply pointing out that you missed the purpose of the thread, and that Henry's response was to point out that the Cowboys this off season were guilty of the same type of free agent signings that they make fun of the Commanders for. A little like the proverbial pot calling the kettle black.

The only thing that was exposed was that you couldn't, or wouldn't, follow the spirit of the thread. But then again thats not new, is it?
;)

Henry

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:

Yes, his 80.7 passer rating is far superior to Brunell's 79.5 this season. Touche.

However, let me point out that that 40 year old QB has only played a full 16 game season four times in his 17 year career, and has not been asked to shoulder the load as a full time starter in three years. Right now he's the only thing keeping your team going, as your defense is adequate at best, your running game is atrocious and your backup QB is a rookie several years removed from any sort of football. Unfortunately, Parcells has realized he now must rely on Vinnie throwing the ball 40 times a game for this offense, and ultimately his team, to go. Good luck with that.

But hey, the point is you're brilliant FO is planning for the future, which explains why in Year Two of your coach's 3-5 year stint every single starting skill position on the strength of your team, offense, is manned by a 30+ year old journeyman. Beause of this, I agree that it's only fair to mock the plans of another team four games into it's new coach's tenure. Yeah, that makes a lot on sense. :)

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Henry said:
Yes, his 80.7 passer rating is far superior to Brunell's 79.5 this season. Touche.

However, let me point out that that 40 year old QB has only played a full 16 game season four times in his 17 year career, and has not been asked to shoulder the load as a full time starter in three years. Right now he's the only thing keeping your team going, as your defense is adequate at best, your running game is atrocious and your backup QB is a rookie several years removed from any sort of football. Unfortunately, Parcells has realized he now must rely on Vinnie throwing the ball 40 times a game for this offense, and ultimately his team, to go. Good luck with that.

But hey, the point is you're brilliant FO is planning for the future, which explains why in Year Two of your coach's 3-5 year stint every single starting skill position on the strength of your team, offense, is manned by a 30+ year old journeyman. Beause of this, I agree that it's only fair to mock the plans of another team four games into it's new coach's tenure. Yeah, that makes a lot on sense. :)

Go ahead, ignore my prediction all you want.

I just want my due credit when it happens in 2010. :D

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Henry said:

Look at Vinny's yards. Now look at Brunells, and remember Vinny has only played 3 games compared to Brunell's 4. I win.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Henry said:

. :)
And during all that the Commanders are 1-3, and every fan of that team hates themselves. The more things change, the more they stay the same...

Henry

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Look at Vinny's yards. Now look at Brunells, and remember Vinny has only played 3 games compared to Brunell's 4. I win.

Look at the INTs and then realize Brunell has played 1 more game than Vinnie.

Some stats favor your guy, some mine. In the end it practically evens out. Hence, the similar passer ratings. I don't REALLY need to explain this to you, do I?

Monte51Coleman

Respected Opponent
Reaction score
Danny White said:
Honestly, though, can't you see that signing somewhere in your near future?

Honestly? This is not some sort of a set up? I don't want to play the straight man for you. But I'll bite.

This would have been very possible if we were still in 99. It would be similar to the Meon, J. George, and B. Smith type of signings. That fantasy football mentality has evolved over the years to a philosophy that I think is much more judicious and forward thinking. If you look at most of the FA signing over the past two years you will see that most were good young players with potential to become even better like Coles, Morton, Thomas, Portis, M. Washington, Griffin. Some older vets were brought in to fill specific needs such as Thrash and Springs. Brunnell fits the old pattern but that had nothing to do with Snyder. That was Gibbs all the way.
The comment was made that you can't turn over the roster as we have and win. I totally agree. I don't think that you will see much turnover in the coming few years. We feel that most of the talent that we need is in place and everyone needs to gel by having continuity of the system. This teams record does not match it's talent level. It could easily be 3-1 instead on 1-3. In two games they shot themselves in the foot with turnovers.

SoTex

Giddy Up
Reaction score
Henry said:

All of the above is true. (Except for Witten and Bryant). I like the future of the Cowboys though. Plenty of draft picks and plenty of room under the cap. Vinny and George were brought in as quick fixes only. Henson and J. Jones are the future IMO. I need to see them play more, but BP seems to feel good about them. (I trust his opinion more than mine or yours) That leaves Key and Glenn as older and in critical skill positions. Not quite as bad as you make it out to be.

I would be more concerned with Portis if I were you. He is the highest paid RB of all time and currently has more fumbles than TD's and only 1 100yd rushing game.

Henry

Reaction score
I would be more concerned with Portis if I were you. He is the highest paid RB of all time and currently has more fumbles than TD's and only 1 100yd rushing game.

Hey, finally a good point! :)

Portis is definately a concern of mine. Not so much the yardage, but the fumbles are just killing us. He's got to get that straightened out, no doubt about it, or this will continue to be a long season for us.

I agree that your future isn't all that dim. I'm sure my arguements are as silly to you all as the Ray Lewis bit is to me. And I figured since I got such a good laugh out of thread, you all were entitled to one as well. :)

SoTex

Giddy Up
Reaction score
Henry said:
Hey, finally a good point! :)

Portis is definately a concern of mine. Not so much the yardage, but the fumbles are just killing us. He's got to get that straightened out, no doubt about it, or this will continue to be a long season for us.

I agree that your future isn't all that dim. I'm sure my arguements are as silly to you all as the Ray Lewis bit is to me. And I figured since I got such a good laugh out of thread, you all were entitled to one as well.

Fair enough Henry. Makes sense to me. I think Portis will be fine. He may be trying to justify the trade for Champ and get 120 yards on every run. He will settle down and Gibbs will get him going. :)