Prediction... Ray Lewis the Commander

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Monte51Coleman said:
Honestly? This is not some sort of a set up? I don't want to play the straight man for you. But I'll bite.

This would have been very possible if we were still in 99. It would be similar to the Meon, J. George, and B. Smith type of signings. That fantasy football mentality has evolved over the years to a philosophy that I think is much more judicious and forward thinking. If you look at most of the FA signing over the past two years you will see that most were good young players with potential to become even better like Coles, Morton, Thomas, Portis, M. Washington, Griffin. Some older vets were brought in to fill specific needs such as Thrash and Springs. Brunnell fits the old pattern but that had nothing to do with Snyder. That was Gibbs all the way.
The comment was made that you can't turn over the roster as we have and win. I totally agree. I don't think that you will see much turnover in the coming few years. We feel that most of the talent that we need is in place and everyone needs to gel by having continuity of the system. This teams record does not match it's talent level. It could easily be 3-1 instead on 1-3. In two games they shot themselves in the foot with turnovers.

All good points. However, I keep wondering what Danny will do once Gibbs is gone. 5-7 years from now, Gibbs will be a distant memory and I think Snyder will revert to the three-ring circus to get excitement back up... hence bringing in Ray Ray.

Henry

Reaction score
Danny White said:
All good points. However, I keep wondering what Danny will do once Gibbs is gone. 5-7 years from now, Gibbs will be a distant memory and I think Snyder will revert to the three-ring circus to get excitement back up... hence bringing in Ray Ray.

That's a legitimate concern, although the same could be asked of the Cowboys, Jones and Parcells, who's a year further into his stay with the Cowboys as Gibbs is with the Commanders. It's not exactly like Jones was making brilliant moves before he hired Bill either.

Reaction score
Monte51Coleman said:
Your referring to the wrong Commander fan. I haven't dodged anything here, at any time. I am simply pointing out that you missed the purpose of the thread, and that Henry's response was to point out that the Cowboys this off season were guilty of the same type of free agent signings that they make fun of the Commanders for. A little like the proverbial pot calling the kettle black.

The only thing that was exposed was that you couldn't, or wouldn't, follow the spirit of the thread. But then again thats not new, is it?
;)

There's a big difference between our signings and your signings. And I think you know what it is...$$$

Monte51Coleman

Respected Opponent
Reaction score
Danny White said:

Keep in mind DW that in 5-7 years The Danny will be, what 30?, and hopefully have matured some.
;)

KINGBRICE_28

Reaction score
I'm not concerned about snyder because he is 10 years older than me......HOPEFULLY when he dies I'll ( in theory ) get to see 10 years of logical FO work.....lol.....Most likly though gibbs will show snyder how it's done and in 2-3 years snyder will stop the FA thing.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Henry said:
That's a legitimate concern, although the same could be asked of the Cowboys, Jones and Parcells, who's a year further into his stay with the Cowboys as Gibbs is with the Commanders. It's not exactly like Jones was making brilliant moves before he hired Bill either.

Hmmmm... maybe WE should sign Ray Lewis. :cool:

Reaction score
Danny White said:
Hmmmm... maybe WE should sign Ray Lewis. :cool:

You've come full circle since your opening post. But that's alright Mr. D'White,
because your team wrote the book on signing a player that has one foot On the grid iron and the other in retirement -- ask V'Testamony. :D

Monte51Coleman

Respected Opponent
Reaction score
ARMAGEDDON EAGLE said:
You've come full circle since your opening post. But that's alright Mr. D'White,
because your team wrote the book on signing a player that has one foot On the grid iron and the other in retirement -- ask V'Testamony. :D

This guy is an "instant classic." Can I have some of whatever it is your on? Please? Pretty please?
:p

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
ARMAGEDDON EAGLE said:

Just keep talking and we will do the knowing, OK? We know your team will only choke once again and Fat Man Reid will have to cover Donovan's a** for the 4th straight year.