Prediction Time: Cowboys vs Buccaneers

RS12

Reaction score
Didnt we just have this thread last week? Tampa by at least 10.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
So the new season is finally here and like usual Cowboys fans have high hopes for a team that was absolutely dismal on defense last year and their leader went out with a career threatening injury which left them with all three back ups seeing time but now Dak is back and he's now ready to go. On offense the Cowboys look pretty good but they'll be going up a very good defense in Tampa Bay. Zack Martin is most likely out and that will hurt. On Defense hopefully it won't get any worse than last year because that was embarrassing, unfortunately they get to go up against the games all time greatest quarterback and some very good recievers. Now the Cowboys are gonna have to establish the run with Zeke and Pollard and they have to play keep away if they're going to win, getting a few turnovers wouldn't hurt either. Beating the Buccaneers would be huge for the Cowboys ego and would be a great and I mean great start to the season, however, in the end I like the Bucs just because they're the champs and I think that they're the better team.

Bucs 34
Cowboys 16
Your score is about right

MikeB80

Reaction score
No idea honestly. I feel like everything about Dallas is a wild card here going into this game. Will they be rusty or rested? Will the defense be fundamentally sound and tough or young and confused? I honestly don't know. Dallas seems like they invited a kicking problem also. Will the humidity and heat in Tampa affect Dallas with most of the team getting little work in the preseason games.

I have this feeling the bucs (and other teams) will come out and run inside and play physical with this Dallas defense early, force them into man coverages and then attack and look for big plays and penalties. It feels like tampa is built to do just this. If Dallas has neal and or cox on the field (if he is active) will they hold up against a power running game?

I am probably wrong and Brady will throw it all over. They sure seem like they have a really big advantage in their passing game vs this back 7 in Dallas defense. The Bucs tight ends group seems like it will create a bunch of problems. Bruce Arians has always been aggressive and always seems to be aggressive when Dallas has played his teams.

I will go with a tough physical game that Tampa puts away late 31-20

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So the new season is finally here and like usual Cowboys fans have high hopes for a team that was absolutely dismal on defense last year and their leader went out with a career threatening injury which left them with all three back ups seeing time but now Dak is back and he's now ready to go. On offense the Cowboys look pretty good but they'll be going up a very good defense in Tampa Bay. Zack Martin is most likely out and that will hurt. On Defense hopefully it won't get any worse than last year because that was embarrassing, unfortunately they get to go up against the games all time greatest quarterback and some very good recievers. Now the Cowboys are gonna have to establish the run with Zeke and Pollard and they have to play keep away if they're going to win, getting a few turnovers wouldn't hurt either. Beating the Buccaneers would be huge for the Cowboys ego and would be a great and I mean great start to the season, however, in the end I like the Bucs just because they're the champs and I think that they're the better team.

Bucs 34
Cowboys 16
I think it comes down to the fourth quarter. The team with the ball last wins. So let’s either. One point or six points. The spread is 8 believe . So that’s like one score

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Let’s see. Tampa is the Super Bowl Champs and return their whole team healthy. The media says Tampa has the 2007 Patriot offense and the 1985 Bears defense. Dak will be wheelchair into the stadium before player introductions.

Cowboys-23
Tompa Bay-21

cowboyec

Reaction score
cowboys are able to establish a ground game and cash in red zone trips.
defensively...DLaw and co. are able to put consistent pressure on brady.
in the end...they do just enough to score a BIG road win.
Dallas 31
tampa 24

Shane612

Reaction score
This has to be about the 5th thread on predictions.
Stop it. Get some help.

RonWashington

Reaction score
My favorite score of all time!

Temps in the mid 80’s with 70 % chance rain ( good ) helps run the ball burn some clock , cmon Zeke we need that # 21 we saw in Pittsburgh awhile back .

Pokes 29
Bucs 24