Prediction Time: Cowboys vs Chargers

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Dallas 28
Chargers 16

They'll ONLY win if Dak doesn't toss over 50 times. He has started six games under MM, & thrown at least 50 passes three times. Dallas lost each one of those games. And fans wonder why his shoulder hurts.

Doomsday77

Reaction score
Without turnovers, this game will go by how well the backup offensive right tackle stands up to a potent pass rush.

I hope that the Cowboys start strong and stay ahead. If not, then the Chargers take it.

I'm a fan, so....

Dallas 31
Chargers 27
You can be a fan and also a realist and in this case I am looking at the 5 games Dak finished last year. How many did they win of those great offensive numbers they put on the board?

Dallas 24
LA 27

lukin2006

Reaction score
38-28 Chargers. Our D is soooo bad.

They need to hire someone who can evaluate defensive talent because this team can't...

phildadon86

Reaction score
38-28 Chargers. Our D is soooo bad.

They need to hire someone who can evaluate defensive talent because this team can't...
So we are going to allow more points to the Chargers than we did to the Bucs?

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So we are going to allow more points to the Chargers than we did to the Bucs?
Why not? We don't have Tank or Gregory, and I wouldn't give great odds on getting three meaningful turnovers again.

I suspect the Chargers might be really good this year. I'm picking them 34-30.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
This Chargers team went 7-9 last year and only scored 20 points last week on a Defense that allowed the Giants and Garrett to score 29. We are not talking the defending SB champs here. Their QB is going to be really good and they have decent WR.,. but I think we will be ok here. I get it, we are down our DE for the game and our RT spot could be an issue but Steele has experience this year and got stronger so let's see how he does before deciding to tank the season.

Cowboys 31 Chargers 17

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I can say with 100% confidence, I have no idea at all of what to expect this week.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This Chargers team went 7-9 last year and only scored 20 points last week on a Defense that allowed the Giants and Garrett to score 29. We are not talking the defending SB champs here. Their QB is going to be really good and they have decent WR.,. but I think we will be ok here. I get it, we are down our DE for the game and our RT spot could be an issue but Steele has experience this year and got stronger so let's see how he does before deciding to tank the season.

Cowboys 31 Chargers 17
I'm picking us to lose, but that's in part because I think the Chargers will be good this year. I think they'll beat the Eagles and Giants too, and they've already beaten WFT. So I actually think this game has almost no effect on our playoff odds (if we lose--it's a big boost if we win). So it has nothing to do with "tanking the season."

I also think Dallas will be a better team later in the season than now; the defense needs some time to bake and we have injured guys who are coming back. New injuries can of course ruin everything, but barring that, I think late-season Dallas could be really competitive.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
I'm picking us to lose, but that's in part because I think the Chargers will be good this year. I think they'll beat the Eagles and Giants too, and they've already beaten WFT. So I actually think this game has almost no effect on our playoff odds (if we lose--it's a big boost if we win). So it has nothing to do with "tanking the season."

I also think Dallas will be a better team later in the season than now; the defense needs some time to bake and we have injured guys who are coming back. New injuries can of course ruin everything, but barring that, I think late-season Dallas could be really competitive.

I get it. I think they will be better than last year but may have a worse record or same record. I doubt they make the playoffs. I think we are much better than they are overall.. this game wouldn't be close if we were at 100% but we are not and that will make it a closer game. Still think we win going away by at least 10 pts. While they have a good front and Bosa is great, the rest of the D is pretty suspect.. we can throw on them at will and should be able to run as well. We will have big advantages in the passing game for sure. On D, we will have to be creative to create some pressure but i think we will be ok and can do some things that we didn't do last week. As good as their QB is currently and is going to be in the future, he is no Tom Brady (not yet anyway) so we can manipulate him a little more.

Creeper

Reaction score
I think the Cowboys are going to try to control the ball with the running game. The Chargers will get off to a quick start and the Cowboys will need to throw to catch up. But the defense simply cannot stop the Chargers offense and the OL gives up too much pressure. The Chargers run away with this one with the Cowboys coming back late to make it look closer.

Chargers 36
Cowboys 23

Of course I have no idea what I am talking about so feel free to disregard this post.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Sure would, except they can't. The Chargers weren't a playoff team last year.

No but seems you are putting LAC in the category of playoff contending team so taking them down this weekend I know will be down played since LAC were not in post season last year.

JBS

Reaction score
This is going to be a shootout. I think chargers are the better team and more healthy.

LA 30
DAL 26