Prediction Time: Cowboys vs Chargers

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
So after the Bucs game and looking pretty good against the champs the Cowboys looked ready to go against the Chargers, however, how times have changed and what a difference a week makes. Folks, the **** has hit the fan and now the Cowboys look like last year's Cowboys with injuries, suspension, and whatever else. In a span of one week the Cowboys have lost more players (you know who they are) to either injury, suspension, or to Covid. What was a game that the Cowboys should win now looks almost impossible. There is however a silver lining to this endless mess, the Cowboys get back the guard in the league and that will really help, however, they also get Steele at right tackle so who knows how that will go. Defensively the Cowboys had zero sacks last week with their best two pass rushers so how do you think this week will go with their backups. All I can say here is you better dial up a bunch of blitzes otherwise Herbert is going to destroy that defense. Now my big question is the Cowboys special teams, especially Zurliene, will he be better this week or will he be looking for a new job come next week. As far as the outcome I wanted to pick the Cowboys earlier in the week but there's no way I can now with all that has happened.

Chargers 34
Cowboys 31

Whos playing do we even know? Kazee, Gregory?

I think the Cowboys pull this one out somehow. Zeke shows he isnt washed up and Moore comes up with another game plan for the ages. Cowboys defense makes enough plays to make a difference.

38-33 Cowboys

baltcowboy

Reaction score
The field goals missed and made in the first games will be touchdowns this game.

Cowboys 42- Chargers-38

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I d like their chances a little more if Zack Martin moved to RT. Steele vs Bosa without help is a bad matchup for the Cowboys. At this point I see at least a one score Chargers win.
Steele was not bad against Watt and he is a much better player then Bosa. The Cowboys will be ok as long as Martin and Tyron stay healthy.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So after the Bucs game and looking pretty good against the champs the Cowboys looked ready to go against the Chargers, however, how times have changed and what a difference a week makes. Folks, the **** has hit the fan and now the Cowboys look like last year's Cowboys with injuries, suspension, and whatever else. In a span of one week the Cowboys have lost more players (you know who they are) to either injury, suspension, or to Covid. What was a game that the Cowboys should win now looks almost impossible. There is however a silver lining to this endless mess, the Cowboys get back the guard in the league and that will really help, however, they also get Steele at right tackle so who knows how that will go. Defensively the Cowboys had zero sacks last week with their best two pass rushers so how do you think this week will go with their backups. All I can say here is you better dial up a bunch of blitzes otherwise Herbert is going to destroy that defense. Now my big question is the Cowboys special teams, especially Zurliene, will he be better this week or will he be looking for a new job come next week. As far as the outcome I wanted to pick the Cowboys earlier in the week but there's no way I can now with all that has happened.

Chargers 34
Cowboys 31
Same as Tampa for me. The team with the ball last wins. No we win by seven in this one. How did your theory we have no business Playing Tampa in the first game work out

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Chargers 34
Cowboys 31
We have Prescott. Elliot will run the ball this week. Plus the Chargers are not Tampa Bay. I have Winning this one

Aven8

Reaction score
Only thing that can stop Cowboys offense isTO’s and the red zone.

I’m going 38-27 Cowboys

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

Chargers 34
Cowboys 31

Chargers 37
Cowboys 20

The loss would puts us in a "must win" situation in the early part of the season, lads.

And, allah help us if we lose a gimme game against a weak team that we've already penciled in as an easy win.

waving monkey

Reaction score
Herbert slobber here but Dak is a bad man.
It stays close winner has to put up 33 points

Blake

Reaction score
I'm not picking this team to beat a quality opponent until they do. I'll count on losers losing.

Not once have I ever seen you pick the Cowboys to win. Losers also frequent the boards of teams their not a fan of.

CCBoy

Reaction score
You can be a fan and also a realist and in this case I am looking at the 5 games Dak finished last year. How many did they win of those great offensive numbers they put on the board?

Dallas 24
LA 27

...and a realist could as well have stated that the depth is really strong enough to not derail the Cowboys against a good team. Even the Chargers...