Predictions for Philly game?

baltcowboy

Reaction score
We keep it close with deep touchdown passes to Gallup and Lamb but Wince does what he does best, rally against bad teams. Eagles 23- Cowboys-17.

Motorola

Reaction score
Points in a game is 72......Commanders beat the Giants 72 - 41
Second most is Giants 62 Eagles 10

Largest margin of victory is 59
Rams 59 Falcons 0
Patriots 59 Titans 0

Most points given up in a season is 1981 Baltimore Colts 533 points allowed. Finished 2-14 (Yep. I mentioned this yesterday offhand without saying what I was talking about). So far we've allowed 243. We need to allow 283 more....in 9 games. Once Philly hits 32 we're right on track.

But they aren't the team that took the worst beatdowns by points per game.......

The 1976 Tampa Bay Buccaneers under John McKay scored a whopping average of 8.9 while giving up an average of 29.4. Not surprisingly they finished 0-14.

Checking the team that gave up the most point per game:

NY Giants gave up 35.8 while scoring 18.8 in 1966. Same year the Commanders put the thumping on them, finished 1-12-1.
Largest margin of victory is the 1940 NFL Championship
Bears 73, Commanders 0

garyo1954

Reaction score
Largest margin of victory is the 1940 NFL Championship
Bears 73, Commanders 0

That's true. I remembered that game as well. However, the reference I was using was Super Bowl Era. If I remember the history of that one, the Commanders beat the Bears during the regular season 7-3. Then in the Championship game the Bears got their revenge.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I'm 65. I can't wait forever. :) Hopefully they can catch lightning in a bottle. Unfortunately that bottle this year appears to a Molotov Cocktail.

Yah buddy, there is no chance with the Oline in shambles and Dak out. You can actually have fun laughing at how bad they are rooting for them to lose. Try it, its not that bad if you know that a top 5 pick is at the end of the rainbow. And we need a defensive playmaker sooo badly.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The only chance the Cowboys have to compete is if Dalton plays. If it's DiNucci, and he has to get his first start as a 7th round pick who had lower level competition in college, and with an O-Line mostly manned by backup players, it will be a big time struggle to move the ball. I'm not condemning DiNucci - he may end up being okay at least as a backup in the NFL if not more - but he isn't ready for that situation.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Goodness, hope I'm wrong but I'm thinking we might be in for another butt whipping. I mean like 30 to 10 type butt whipping. That said, if we by some chance can get a win anyway, shape or forum it would be the biggest win this year.

PS. Look forward one week and you have the potential of seeing up get absolutely destroyed by Pittsburg at home.
1st Quarter BLOW OUT! NO NEED TO FINISH GAME............

Bigdog

Reaction score
Well as Mr.T said in Rocky 3 said Pain. Lots of Pain.

Doomsay

Reaction score
It would be great if local journalists never asked Jerry another question, in any format.

snadler

Reaction score
Goodness, hope I'm wrong but I'm thinking we might be in for another butt whipping. I mean like 30 to 10 type butt whipping. That said, if we by some chance can get a win anyway, shape or forum it would be the biggest win this year.

PS. Look forward one week and you have the potential of seeing up get absolutely destroyed by Pittsburg at home.

38-3 Philly

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I'm not in the prediction business, but I'm thinking 45-16 Philly.

BigTx66

Reaction score
Simply another embarrassment for this overhyped and overpaid joke of a team.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Jaylon will lead the team in tackles, none of which will be within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage. Lawrence will not have a sack, again! Woods will lead an opposing WR into the end zone. Another game with no defensive turnover. Zeke will fumble at least once.