Preferred Game Plan vs Seattle

phildadon86

Reaction score
Greatly appreciated! I think progressively we will be surprised with MM. The guy plays to the game and keeps it going to the last minute.

This Seahawk game I think is a 50/50 and we are + 5.5 underdog.

Very interesting.

Matt Ryan has been playing 2nd or 3rd best at QB next to Wilson and he has more weapons.

We're on the road so who know what that is worth other than the travelling in these stadiums with no fans and just crowd noise.
One thing I did notice was the halftime ADJUSTMENTS in the last game. It was refreshing to see. And after listening to the halftime speech I bet the players were happy to hear something other than "we need to fight guys" "lets go out there and do what we do"

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Well i hope he does surprise me in a good way lol.
It is early in season, so I havent given up on him or kellen, but they have been a little disappointing.
Scoring 40 in the last game shows promise, but that was against atlanta, who could wind up 8-8 or worse.
Dallas had more fans at the game than any other team so far this year, and I think dallas loses that game if no fans there.
Seattle may have fans, they should , at least 10.000 it would help seattle.

Now I have no idea what we will see dallas do on offense or defense in this game, and we can brainstorm and suggest, and then
cowboys dont do any of it lol even if it is good ideas. Too bad they dont read here.

I am a little more confident just because dallas showed they can score more than 20 points.
Seattle is a top nfc team this year and 2-0 for a reason. They play good on O and D, so this is a good test for cowboys.

Also a home team always has advantages aside from just the fans and noise.

https://dknation.draftkings.com/nfl...s-in-stadium-covid-19-point-spreads-odds-line

No fans but they do project fan noise through the system.

Seattle has given up 25+ points each game so far.

Their best pass rusher Bruce Irvin is injured and won't be playing and their best nickel corner is injured and not playing as well.

They are terrible on defense and almost lost last game like we almost did.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
https://www.nfl.com/teams/seattle-seahawks/stats

https://www.nfl.com/teams/dallas-cowboys/stats

Jaylon spy's on Wilson 70 percent of the game.

When we blitz Jaylon over the middle we have a safety or corner fielding the middle.

They are a very balanced attack and are running the ball as well as through the air when the respective plays are being called. Wilson is hitting 80+ of his completions and is 9 TD's to 1 INT.

They are not getting as many first downs as their opponents but they are even on time of possession and +2 in Turnover battle. This means they are gaining yardage in big chunks and are making their opponents chip away for yardage. Their 3rd down conversion is 6/16 and their opponents is 14/26, better than 50%.

Trevon Diggs on DK Metcalf all game and I like Lewis vs Locket better than Chido for this game but it is what is is. Press coverage for this game.

When we don't blitz Jaylon Smith, we sprinkle in some corner or safety blitzes between Chido and Xavier Woods. Blitz 30 percent total game. 50 percent on 3rd downs especially 3rd and longs.

Their o-line is cohesive but nothing special. We should have some good match ups on the ends with our d-line. Misdirection of what Russell Wilson wants to do combined with a complimenting effective running game is what is making the offense tick. Thus why the spy is necessary and they will want to attack our middle of the field throwing or Wilson getting yardage running through lanes that way.

They are giving up point and are only solid in the middle of the field. Jarran Reed at DT, Wagner MLB and Jamal Adams SS. We want to work them on the perimeter and their DE's are nothing but out tackles are not either if Tyron does not play.

Run a lot of 2 RB sets and get our 5 best skill players on the field at once. Zeke blocks, catches and definitely runs better than most TE's. Pollard catches better and block decent, runs very dynamic.

We get these guys out on the perimeter early forcing their corners to make tackles thus banging them up and controlling the clock early.

We make sure Dak gets some pass attempts in motion moving out of the pocket.

We are going to set up the play action this way and keep them unknowing of what we want to do in this set at all times and control the clock and keep safe from turning the ball over.

Our WR's when called upon should have a field day because of this.

ST's lets get some return yards and contain them in the 20.

Would love to hear others.
I think the best game plan is making the game shorter and the way you do that is by holding the ball much longer, limiting the number of possessions for seattle. its possible given their defense hasn't been that good and they lost a couple of players. so running the ball, converting 3rd downs and keeping drives alive, culminating in scores..

on the other side, wilson, carson and metcalf, will do their damage. but we need to limit the big plays. if anything this is the game we need to play bend but don't break defense. give them the underneath stuff. give them the completions. force them to drive and consume lots of plays to get to a score and be opportunistic.

key is to be close in the 4th quarter, with a chance to pull it off in the end. it would be great if we had the last drive with opportunity to close the game. we certainly dont' want them to have the last drive to end the game

AKATheRake

Reaction score
I think the best game plan is making the game shorter and the way you do that is by holding the ball much longer, limiting the number of possessions for seattle. its possible given their defense hasn't been that good and they lost a couple of players. so running the ball, converting 3rd downs and keeping drives alive, culminating in scores..

on the other side, wilson, carson and metcalf, will do their damage. but we need to limit the big plays. if anything this is the game we need to play bend but don't break defense. give them the underneath stuff. give them the completions. force them to drive and consume lots of plays to get to a score and be opportunistic.

key is to be close in the 4th quarter, with a chance to pull it off in the end. it would be great if we had the last drive with opportunity to close the game. we certainly dont' want them to have the last drive to end the game

I couldn't agree more with everything you outlined.

Our offense and field position could be our best defense, especially in this game.

We will get our opportunities and if we convert in the red zone like we did last week and limit their conversions, get that last possession than this one should be ours.

VACowboy

Reaction score
Keep Seattle offense off field ball. Run ball control offense not necessarily run ,run pass. Keep them off balance and be effective in red zone we need 7's not 3's. The less time the defense spends on field the better. I don't trust this D

I understand the reasoning behind keeping the ball from their offense. Play slow and limit their offensive possessions. When you do that though you're limiting your offensive possessions too, and if your offense is good why do you want to do that? I think if you muzzle the Dallas offense you're just doing the opposing DC's work for him. Honestly, I'm tired of playing scared. The Dallas O is loaded. I say let them play. Throw early, throw often, score bunches and hand the game to Zeke in the fourth quarter. I hate playing keep away. How about we be the aggressors. Let Seattle play keep away if they want to. This is the week Dak needs to be airing it out. Seattle's defense is dead last in the league. They have no pass rush and give up a pile of yards through the air. I don't trust the defense either but offense is our big weapon. Why not use it?

Rayman70

Reaction score
Ground and pound 21 and keep that awful Def on the sidelines.
good idea but could back fire too. Bottom line is we have to be almost flawless to win. Not very likely to happen. We need to stop the run first then we have a shot. Make them 1 dimensional.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Beat the snot out of Wilson, He's what makes them go.
I don't care if they cross the line and get flagged, just smack him early and often.

If they end up 1 or 2 yards from the goal line I think even if we have to take the penalty like Atlanta did last game with Dak we do something like that.

I don't think Wilson can absorb an impact right up in his ribs and chest like that.

GMO415

Reaction score
good idea but could back fire too. Bottom line is we have to be almost flawless to win. Not very likely to happen. We need to stop the run first then we have a shot. Make them 1 dimensional.
Agreed. I honestly think SEA has to make mistakes that we can exploit, for us to win.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’d prefer Jaylon just be a hype man or something. He lacks the instincts to get to Wilson. Joe Thomas played better than him, tbh. If any LB is gonna spy on him, it should be Thomas, not Jaylon.
But would that take Thomas away from the role he was so effective in last week? I also wonder that it may be a good assignment for Jaylon to be the spy because it limits his need to read if he is just focusing on one player.

Zman5

Reaction score
I have a feeling this might end up being like Romo vs Manning Denver game. And it's going to end up the same.

The HOME team loses at the end by their QB throwing an INT at the last seconds of the game.