Premature but if the Cowboys make it to the second round of the playoffs

Silverstar

Reaction score
It would be awesome if we could bolster our playoff chances with the inclusion of Fredbeard. He’d give us that extra bit of energy and healthy is just a damn good player.

Getting Frederick and Williams back healthy this season would be huge for the entire offense. Not to mention, what getting Irving and Lee back on defense could do.

If the Cowboys can get these 4 back healthy, their playoff chances are looking way better.

cristglo

Reaction score
If Philly wins tomorrow and then beats Dallas next Sunday there will be another amazing turn around in the talk in just one week’s time. This team seems to be dancing on the razor’s edge.
That is something to be very concerned about. We still HAVE to beat Philly. If we lose then its the same old same old. If you want to talk about a must win this is a Must win! TBH the rest of the season is must wins. You want to go into the playoffs on a winning streak. Just because we won against the best team in the NFL dont guarantee us a playoff berth. We got Philly and we need a win! Can the team play hard after a win like they had against NO? Thats what make SB contenders. IMO

cristglo

Reaction score
Getting Frederick and Williams back healthy this season would be huge for the entire offense, not to mention Irving and Lee on defense.

If the Cowboys can get these 4 back healthy, their playoff chances are looking way better.
I dont see Fredrick back this season and TBH they need to let him take the time to get himself back 100%. What we do Need is the last years version of Irving we need him to be into the game. He is still dealing with his persona issues which I question does David even want to play the game anymore? i would love to have Lee LVE and Jaylon on the field at the same time in passing down situations.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Crazy how we went from draft threads to playoff threads in a few short weeks
Bro, that's why you should believe in this team. Been telling you the problem isn't Dak. This Offense simply needed better weapons at WR and better blocking from the Oline, along with better playcalling. Cowboys Offense is still 1 stud WR, better TE performance and possibly better slot receiver (if Beasley leaves by season's end) from becoming truly elite, but I can assure you Dak is not the problem.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Not sure if you guys know how the playoffs work but here's how it goes down (based on current standings):

1- Rams
2- Saints
3- Bears
4- Cowboys
5- Seahawks
6- Commanders

First round:
1 and 2 seeds get a bye
3 vs 6
4 vs 5

Second Round:
1 seed plays lowest seed, so let's say the Cowboys (4) and Bears (3) win their home games - which they should. The Cowboys would go to la and play the Rams and the Bears would go get beat in New Orleans.

NFC championship:
Cowboys would travel to beat the day lights out of New Orleans like they should have on Thursday (the Saints fumbled like 5 times and recovered all of them, the Cowboys also committed twice as many penalties for twice as much yards - and the Boys' kneeled the ball 3 times on the 1 yard line to end the game. Nothing about that game was close, it should've been 30-10 and we'd whoop them again).

I'm not scared of any of these punks, let's get it!!
Exactly. Well explained, Ultron.

Here is a visual for those that want to see the current NFC playoff picture...

hFZClt2.jpg

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
I hate the Rams matchup for Dallas. The Saints to me are easier to defend....stop Kamara and Thomas and they have nothing else.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Not at all thinking we're in the playoffs at this juncture but, it appears to me IF we do make it in ... and get a 1st round win (home game), it would be significantly better to go to LA and play the Sheep than to have to go to the Super-dome and see NO again.

Just saw a stat that's pretty amazing ... The "Ain'ts" have never lost a playoff game at home and never won one on the road. Would love to see something happen where one of these two would have to travel but I believe that's more presumptuous than us being in with a 1st round win ...
I know this forum gets swayed by one game results....as you said 4 weeks ago, we are all thinking we gave up a top 5 pick for cooper and now people are jockeying for playoff seeding.

the season is not over. we got a tough road ahead and no easy games, including Giants who are picking up some steam.....we could very well go 2-2. eagles could go 3-2. and Washington can go 3-2 and we might miss the playoffs.

IceBowler

Reaction score
How about this scenario:

We end up third in seeding...and then both Rams and Saints are upset in their games. Home field NFC championship.

OK...that's some serious dreaming, but...
:flagwave:

Sign me up, Brother!

IceBowler

Reaction score
At some point you have to play New Orleans in NOLA. If someone knocks them out for you, now you have to play a defense that was good enough to stop the Saints offense in New Orleans. There are no easy paths in this dance.

I do agree that that of all the venues to go to in the postseason, LA would be the closest to a Cowboys home game as the Coliseum has been taken over every home game by the opposing fanbase. We have the Oxnard connection in California and would certainly have a large share of fans at the game. It would actually be a sight to see I bet that we may have more Cowboys fans than Rams fans if that ticket happened.

That's the basis for my original thought - "historically", there's not been a defense good enough to stop NO at home ... in the Playoffs.

IceBowler

Reaction score
I think it's better to deal with the devil you know. If they really haven't lost a playoff game at home it's because they have historically played so few and are overdue for a loss at home.

... your scenario is just as plausible as the one I put forth ...

IceBowler

Reaction score
Still have nightmares about Dickerson running wild vs Dallas in the Divisional Playoffs 23 year ago. Still one of the most dominant individual performances I've seen.

Remember it as well - over 200 yds against us.
Wish I could forget it but, so far, no luck ...

IceBowler

Reaction score
Your getting ahead of yourself! If the Cowboys make the playoffs they will have to host a first round game and it could be against the Vikings, Seattle, Carolina.
Im not sure Dallas would even be favored in any of those games. Seattle is coming on strong the Vikings are dangerous and Carolina is a tough gritty team.

Agreed. I never do this type of posting as I tend to deal with the birds in the hand opposed to the ones still in the bush. Forgive me, I allowed myself a bit of whimsy and just tossed it in the keyboard.

And I really don't care where, when, and if - as long as we afford ourselves the opportunity to contend.
But this fantasy post has been fun nonetheless and has drawn some great responses ... including yours!

cowboys1981

Reaction score
Call me crazy I want to beat LA in LA and then play the NFC Championship Game at Soldoer field. It'll be blistering cold and it would likely mimicked a 17-13 score with us headed to the SuperBowl. If this happens we can say we beat the 3 higher seeded teams at some point in the season.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Just saw a stat that's pretty amazing ... The "Ain'ts" have never lost a playoff game at home and never won one on the road.

Neither of those things are true.

They won a wild card game at Philadelphia in 2014, and lost the first 3 home playoff games in team history (Minnesota, Atlanta, Philadelphia).

IceBowler

Reaction score
Neither of those things are true.

They won a wild card game at Philadelphia in 2014, and lost the first 3 home playoff games in team history (Minnesota, Atlanta, Philadelphia).

Then blame the NFL Network - they're the ones who proffered it.

renny

Reaction score
Not at all thinking we're in the playoffs at this juncture but, it appears to me IF we do make it in ... and get a 1st round win (home game), it would be significantly better to go to LA and play the Sheep than to have to go to the Super-dome and see NO again.

Just saw a stat that's pretty amazing ... The "Ain'ts" have never lost a playoff game at home and never won one on the road. Would love to see something happen where one of these two would have to travel but I believe that's more presumptuous than us being in with a 1st round win ...
The Saints may not want to see the Cowboys again. The Cowboys were very physical and I think would be very confident playing them.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
... your scenario is just as plausible as the one I put forth ...
No, it's not it's way better because it's inevitable. The Saints will lose a playoff game at home, so why not let that be the Cowboys that beat them.