1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

Premature but if the Cowboys make it to the second round of the playoffs

Discussion in 'Overtime Zone' started by IceBowler, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Silverstar

Silverstar Well-Known Member

5,998 Messages
    2,078 Likes Received
    Getting Frederick and Williams back healthy this season would be huge for the entire offense. Not to mention, what getting Irving and Lee back on defense could do.

If the Cowboys can get these 4 back healthy, their playoff chances are looking way better.

sureletsrace and IceBowler like this.
  2. cristglo

cristglo Well-Known Member

619 Messages
    518 Likes Received
    That is something to be very concerned about. We still HAVE to beat Philly. If we lose then its the same old same old. If you want to talk about a must win this is a Must win! TBH the rest of the season is must wins. You want to go into the playoffs on a winning streak. Just because we won against the best team in the NFL dont guarantee us a playoff berth. We got Philly and we need a win! Can the team play hard after a win like they had against NO? Thats what make SB contenders. IMO

3. cristglo

cristglo Well-Known Member

619 Messages
    518 Likes Received
    I dont see Fredrick back this season and TBH they need to let him take the time to get himself back 100%. What we do Need is the last years version of Irving we need him to be into the game. He is still dealing with his persona issues which I question does David even want to play the game anymore? i would love to have Lee LVE and Jaylon on the field at the same time in passing down situations.

IceBowler and America's Cowboy like this.
  4. America's Cowboy

America's Cowboy Well-Known Member

10,768 Messages
    15,781 Likes Received
    Bro, that's why you should believe in this team. Been telling you the problem isn't Dak. This Offense simply needed better weapons at WR and better blocking from the Oline, along with better playcalling. Cowboys Offense is still 1 stud WR, better TE performance and possibly better slot receiver (if Beasley leaves by season's end) from becoming truly elite, but I can assure you Dak is not the problem.

5. America's Cowboy

America's Cowboy Well-Known Member

10,768 Messages
    15,781 Likes Received
    Exactly. Well explained, Ultron.

Here is a visual for those that want to see the current NFC playoff picture...

[​IMG]

IceBowler likes this.
  6. Falco78

Falco78 Well-Known Member

1,238 Messages
    1,085 Likes Received
    That's what she said...

IceBowler likes this.
  7. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

10,023 Messages
    4,160 Likes Received
    I hate the Rams matchup for Dallas. The Saints to me are easier to defend....stop Kamara and Thomas and they have nothing else.

Hadenough likes this.
  8. CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninHouston CowboysFaninDC

11,676 Messages
    4,937 Likes Received
    I know this forum gets swayed by one game results....as you said 4 weeks ago, we are all thinking we gave up a top 5 pick for cooper and now people are jockeying for playoff seeding.

the season is not over. we got a tough road ahead and no easy games, including Giants who are picking up some steam.....we could very well go 2-2. eagles could go 3-2. and Washington can go 3-2 and we might miss the playoffs.

wrongway and IceBowler like this.
  9. IceBowler

IceBowler Well-Known Member

654 Messages
    1,016 Likes Received
    Sign me up, Brother!

10. IceBowler

654 Messages
    1,016 Likes Received
    At my age - it's ALL premature ... or non-existent.

JustChip likes this.
  11. IceBowler

654 Messages
    1,016 Likes Received
    That's the basis for my original thought - "historically", there's not been a defense good enough to stop NO at home ... in the Playoffs.

JustChip likes this.
  12. IceBowler

654 Messages
    1,016 Likes Received
    ... your scenario is just as plausible as the one I put forth ...

13. IceBowler

654 Messages
    1,016 Likes Received
    Remember it as well - over 200 yds against us.
    Wish I could forget it but, so far, no luck ...

JustChip likes this.
  14. IceBowler

654 Messages
    1,016 Likes Received
    Agreed. I never do this type of posting as I tend to deal with the birds in the hand opposed to the ones still in the bush. Forgive me, I allowed myself a bit of whimsy and just tossed it in the keyboard.

And I really don't care where, when, and if - as long as we afford ourselves the opportunity to contend.
    But this fantasy post has been fun nonetheless and has drawn some great responses ... including yours!

JustChip and Hadenough like this.
  15. cowboys1981

cowboys1981 Zone Supporter

5,211 Messages
    4,129 Likes Received
    Call me crazy I want to beat LA in LA and then play the NFC Championship Game at Soldoer field. It'll be blistering cold and it would likely mimicked a 17-13 score with us headed to the SuperBowl. If this happens we can say we beat the 3 higher seeded teams at some point in the season.

Hadenough likes this.
  16. Jake

Jake Curmudgeon

19,286 Messages
    35,948 Likes Received
    Neither of those things are true.

They won a wild card game at Philadelphia in 2014, and lost the first 3 home playoff games in team history (Minnesota, Atlanta, Philadelphia).

17. IceBowler

654 Messages
    1,016 Likes Received
    Then blame the NFL Network - they're the ones who proffered it.

18. Jake

Jake Curmudgeon

19,286 Messages
    35,948 Likes Received
    sureletsrace likes this.
  19. renny

renny Well-Known Member

652 Messages
    384 Likes Received
    The Saints may not want to see the Cowboys again. The Cowboys were very physical and I think would be very confident playing them.

20. JoeKing

JoeKing Diehard Zone Supporter

20,357 Messages
    17,073 Likes Received
    No, it's not it's way better because it's inevitable. The Saints will lose a playoff game at home, so why not let that be the Cowboys that beat them.

IceBowler likes this.