Prescott drops to 7th highest paid QB

Batman1980

Reaction score
50 million per year for 5 years with 100% of it guaranteed. That is what they gave Watson. A guy already in trouble with the league. That is unbelievable. I dont see how the league can continue to do this. In 10 years these guys will be getting 100 million per year.

Watson may never play in the NFL again and the Browns still traded a king's ransom for him. Even if he misses 1 season, that trade and that contract are still both terrible decisions.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Watson may never play in the NFL again and the Browns still traded a king's ransom for him. Even if he misses 1 season, that trade and that contract are still both terrible decisions.

These idiot owners only have themselves to blame. And then the moron in Miami that traded an entire draft to pay Hill 30 million per year? LOL

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
50 million per year for 5 years with 100% of it guaranteed. That is what they gave Watson. A guy already in trouble with the league. That is unbelievable. I dont see how the league can continue to do this. In 10 years these guys will be getting 100 million per year.
Yeah, that does ZERO to help the cause.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I know. But it's meaningless. Posting something like that IMO is misleading. He could be released after 2022 and never be paid more than Dak.
The list that I copied and posted only has their annual salary. And why I used that. It’s intent was not to measure or list them by total contracts. I thought the list was self explanatory.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You are so full of crap.

I'd be ecstatic if Dak played at a top ten level consistently.

"Maybe a little childish..." he says. lol

Don't sell yourself short. You do childish at a top 2 level.
top 2....I thought I was the tops...dang, I have to be more childish.

btw, if the shoe fits :thumbup:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The next CBA needs a QB exemption to the cap. Tony Dungy suggested it years ago saying this would get out of hand and I agree.

This is simply what QB's cost now if you want to keep them. Good/Great/Elite, doesn't matter. This is what a QB demands and if they're even decent enough to be a starter someone will pay it.
why would the owners agree to that? their agreement is the 47% of revenues go to players. now if they separate that, its either they pay more, or the other players get less. teams will learn to manage the cap., salaries are what they are, just look at WRs who make about 20+M per year now. but the cap helps contain it, once revenue goes up, cap goes up and the cycle continues...every year, there is a superbowl champion.

this stuff is for the fans, specially of teams like us who can't get a championship.

basel90

Reaction score
QBs dont win or lose on their own buddy. The fact that you think they do just shows that you dont understand what is going on out there.

There are great QB's on losing teams and average QB's on winning teams.

LOL..........so you dont think things like (Broken leg, bad Oline, Elite receiver missing, Garrett) are legitimate excuses? :huh:
The excuses for Dak keep coming , and at the end of the day he is a mediocre qb who fooled the fromt office into believing he is a top tier QB . His excuses are becoming hollow . Last season , his bad performance was attributed to a slump , while in fact this is exactly who Dak is . The Arizona and San fransisco games finally showed he is not a factor in games . He cannot win a game that is close , especially against decent or good teams . His record shows it .

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The excuses for Dak keep coming , and at the end of the day he is a mediocre qb who fooled the fromt office into believing he is a top tier QB . His excuses are becoming hollow . Last season , his bad performance was attributed to a slump , while in fact this is exactly who Dak is . The Arizona and San fransisco games finally showed he is not a factor in games . He cannot win a game that is close , especially against decent or good teams . His record shows it .

So are you saying that Dak was in a slump when he broke the Cowboys all time passing TD record?

QB's dont win games, teams do. QB's dont have records, teams do. When you understand football better maybe we can have a real conversation.

Dak is a consensus top 10 QB in the NFL. :thumbup:

basel90

Reaction score
So are you saying that Dak was in a slump when he broke the Cowboys all time passing TD record?

QB's dont win games, teams do. QB's dont have records, teams do. When you understand football better maybe we can have a real conversation.

Dak is a consensus top 10 QB in the NFL. :thumbup:

Is this all you have , empty yards at futile comeback attempts ?
You do understand the records and stats are meaningless ? heck using your analogy kitna and cousins and andy dalton would be better off as they have more TDs.
Another educational bit for you ; these stats are being shattered all over the NFL due to the new reality of the offense in the NFL, helping the QBs and receivers get yards . It is a different era.. But maybe you are still living in the 90s .
The dallas cowobys system is designead to help him get easy yards and completions. The cowboys gave dak all he wants ( receivers , OL , RB ) and the monster contract , all we have is one playoff win and embarrassing losses due to a main part to Dak not able to take his hesitant play to the next level.
He still panics often , does not know how to read defenses.
Dak is now in the 15-20 territory.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Is this all you have , empty yards at futile comeback attempts ?
You do understand the records and stats are meaningless ? heck using your analogy kitna and cousins and andy dalton would be better off as they have more TDs.
Another educational bit for you ; these stats are being shattered all over the NFL due to the new reality of the offense in the NFL, helping the QBs and receivers get yards . It is a different era.. But maybe you are still living in the 90s .
The dallas cowobys system is designead to help him get easy yards and completions. The cowboys gave dak all he wants ( receivers , OL , RB ) and the monster contract , all we have is one playoff win and embarrassing losses due to a main part to Dak not able to take his hesitant play to the next level.
He still panics often , does not know how to read defenses.
Dak is now in the 15-20 territory.

Team records are team stats. QB's dont play defense.

Feel free to show me Dak's stats that support your argument that Dak is average. LOL

Good luck with that one. Ill be waiting. While your at it, show me the QB rankings that agree Dak is average. :muttley:

Dak continues to make a fool out of his detractors.

basel90

Reaction score
Team records are team stats. QB's dont play defense.

Feel free to show me Dak's stats that support your argument that Dak is average. LOL

Good luck with that one. Ill be waiting. While your at it, show me the QB rankings that agree Dak is average. :muttley:

Dak continues to make a fool out of his detractors.

The proof points that he is average are glaring : 1 playoff win in 6 years, 27% winning percentage against winning teams , etc etc. Not to mention he had the best Receivers the last 2 years.
Good and elite quarterbacks have winning records against winning teams , this includes

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
The proof points that he is average are glaring : 1 playoff win in 6 years, 27% winning percentage against winning teams , etc etc. Not to mention he had the best Receivers the last 2 years.
Good and elite quarterbacks have winning records against winning teams , this includes

Yeah but when you break this down it has alot to do with how many games played against...if you truly just went off can they beat winning teams then Lamar is the best QB followed by Mahomes and Jimmy G...you would not rank your QB's that way would you? And this means you think Herbert is awful and and Matthew Stafford is right with him at being very bad....Josh Allen has a losing record vs winning team but very few games played...again opinion on Dak aside the Cowboys have owned this record and were owning it very well even before Dak got here....

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

LOL..............team record again. Team record is great when evaluating the quality of the team overall buddy.

You cant show anything individually with Dak that proves he is middle of the pack. ZERO!!!

Like the rest of you Dak cry babies, you fall short on your attempts to paint Dak has anything less than a top 10 QB.

Just face the music, you where dead wrong about Dak. You lose buddy. Back to the drawing board.

basel90

Reaction score
LOL..............team record again. Team record is great when evaluating the quality of the team overall buddy.

You cant show anything individually with Dak that proves he is middle of the pack. ZERO!!!

Like the rest of you Dak cry babies, you fall short on your attempts to paint Dak has anything less than a top 10 QB.

Just face the music, you where dead wrong about Dak. You lose buddy. Back to the drawing board.
i can say the same thing . What has dak done to not be mediocre ?? not to mention he had better offensive support cast around him than most of these QBs . You cannot argue with the one glaring fact of his record against winning teams. Not to mention the cowboys play in the weakest division in football the last few years.
Deal with it ...

basel90

Reaction score
Yeah but when you break this down it has alot to do with how many games played against...if you truly just went off can they beat winning teams then Lamar is the best QB followed by Mahomes and Jimmy G...you would not rank your QB's that way would you? And this means you think Herbert is awful and and Matthew Stafford is right with him at being very bad....Josh Allen has a losing record vs winning team but very few games played...again opinion on Dak aside the Cowboys have owned this record and were owning it very well even before Dak got here....
Dak plays against the NFC teams . The weakest division the last 5 years or so . 1 playoff win , and a glaring losing record against winning teams. he is mediocre around 15-18 level .

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
i can say the same thing . What has dak done to not be mediocre ?? not to mention he had better offensive support cast around him than most of these QBs . You cannot argue with the one glaring fact of his record against winning teams. Not to mention the cowboys play in the weakest division in football the last few years.
Deal with it ...

Dak's individual QB stats when compared to his pears rank him well within the top 10 QB's if not higher. As does all credible QB rankings by the experts.

Team stats and records are for teams, not individual players. Good or bad.

Let me know when you have some new material that actually applies.

Only guy that has to deal is you. Dak is the QB of the Dallas Cowboys...........DEAL WITH IT!! :thumbup:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

ok, I get the first part. but best recievers? was cooper a top 10 wr? or top 15. I can easily name 15 WRs I take over him. and CD is a top reciever and gallup... hmmm, ok