Prescott/Goff/Wentz Last 48 games (3 season equiv.)

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Considering the teams around them, this makes Wentz look way better.
Wentz had a Super Bowl Team around him with a front office that have yielded Super Bowl teams post 1995.

Dak had Jerry Dumbo GM Jones and the Red Ball Express "The Clapper" around him.

cffl2323

Reaction score
If you don't understand the value of more recent data vs older data, then I can't help you.
This is the three most recent and relevant full years of data....not some pick a game here or there thing.

No GM in the NFL entering the year 2021 gives a flying crap what a player did in 2016. On the other hand, they do care more how Wentz , for example, played in 2020 than how he did in 2016 or 2017.
The further back you go in time, the less relevant it is to right now and next year.
How can you not grasp that?

You guys get so defensive.
I've always, for the most part, been in Dak's corner.

If you don't like the most recent time frame, then don't participate in the thread.
Geez

I appreciate the effort to put these numbers out there, not sure why people act like you punched their mothers. It's pretty clear not many people want unbiased numbers, and only want to see whatever fits their agenda. It's possible to point out things about Dak, both positive and negative, without loving or hating the guy. I'd like to see Dak with the Cowboys for several more years, but not at an absurd salary figure.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
Does Prescott get some credit for spending most of that time under Garrett?

Aulac

Reaction score
I don't think you can compare Dak to Goff to Wentz. They all came into the league with different situation. Dak had a very good team, Goff had the QB killer in Jeff Fisher and Wentz was in a decent situation as well. The only thing they share is that they all started their first year instead of getting to sitting on the bench and learning like Mahomes.

Wentz and Goff have a new opportunity to prove their doubters wrong. Dak has elevated his game but that because he playing for a contract. Goff and Wentz already got paided. Goff and Wentz have higher ceiling than Dak but Goff has the lowest floor of all three follow closely by Wentz. Dak has a decent floor.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Wentz is way too mechanical out there. He looks like a robot. Not fluid at all. Mahomes makes QB look easy. Wentz so hard. I will say this to about Wentz, he looks his receivers down more than any QB I can remember. He hasn’t improved at all.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Wentz had a Super Bowl Team around him with a front office that have yielded Super Bowl teams post 1995.

Dak had Jerry Dumbo GM Jones and the Red Ball Express "The Clapper" around him.

And that ONE year, Wentz was the frontrunner for MVP.

Since then, the offensive weapons have been pretty decimated.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I said besides the last 2 years my guy which would mean before coop came but sure
So, you're basically making my argument...a long time ago, like in 2017/early 2018 before the Eagles were decimated by injuries at the skill position, and for the brief time Dak didn't have much for weapons, Wentz had better weapons. And he was the MVP frontrunner.

Since then, he's had pretty much garbage outside of Ertz.

Loso86

Reaction score
So, you're basically making my argument...a long time ago, like in 2017/early 2018 before the Eagles were decimated by injuries at the skill position, and for the brief time Dak didn't have much for weapons, Wentz had better weapons. And he was the MVP frontrunner.

Since then, he's had pretty much garbage outside of Ertz.
Not making your point He had better weapons played better, Dak has better weapons plays better not sure why you think wentz is better from that. Factor in locker room antics and turnovers and although he broke his ankle I pick actor in InjuriesDak everytime

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Not making your point He had better weapons played better, Dak has better weapons plays better not sure why you think wentz is better from that. Factor in locker room antics and turnovers and although he broke his ankle I pick actor in InjuriesDak everytime

I didn't say Wentz was better than Dak.

I was saying he is better than people are making him out to be...which may be better than Dak. I'm not sold on either. Wentz's MVP like season was one year. The rest is difficult to really rate well.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Main difference? Goff and Wentz havent consistently elevated their game year to year.

Dak stock was and is rising. Similar stats, way different trajectory.
I suspect that if I reduced the time frame even further.....say, last 32 games.....this might show.
We already know what thei last 16 games look like....not good look for Wentz

i keep saying though that these guys are still young enough to write their longer term story