Prescott has all the leverage to ask for at least $60M per year

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I have to believe that if Dak goes into the season without a new deal his agent will change the contract demands to reflect the projected cap in 2025. Then you're probably looking at $65M+

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I keep hearing from the Cowboys insiders that the Joneses don’t want to set the market with Dak and would let him test the market. They believe Dak wants to be here and in the end he will take a team friendly deal. Time will tell.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I have to believe that if Dak goes into the season without a new deal his agent will change the contract demands to reflect the projected cap in 2025. Then you're probably looking at $65M+
Thank you!!!! By the time he signs 60 will be a joke lol

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
I keep hearing from the Cowboys insiders that the Joneses don’t want to set the market with Dak and would let him test the market. They believe Dak wants to be here and in the end he will take a team friendly deal. Time will tell.
I don't think dak will take a discount because it doesn't matter to him which team he underperforms for, as long as he gets paid.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Who tests the market, gets a huge offer only to come man to familiarity

fivetwos

Reaction score
The window to win was during this last contract that they blew by waiting and trying to get him cheaper.

They chose to not add the necessary players to win then so as to not have cap problems later on, yet they have cap problems. Nice job.

Prescott will have anywhere from 6-10 suitors after this season, even if he misses most of it per injury. 60 per might be low.

I really hope Jerry and kid have decided to move on….not because I think it’s the right idea, but because they are blowing this big time if that’s not the plan.

If they think Trey Lance is the answer…wow

As far as I’m concerned they fully deserve to be exposed and fall flat on their faces, so let the chips fall where they may.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
NOTHING has changed. He asked for 60 million months ago. He has zero leverage... unless Dallas wants to sign him. If they planned on letting this season play out and we have another 1st rd playoff loss... he has zero leverage.

OH, Allen, Burrow and Mahomes are in th emiddle of deals... 2 of them just signed not that ong ago. Do you think they have all the leverage over their teams?