Prescott has all the leverage to ask for at least $60M per year

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You can post that over and over and over, it does not change anything because he is lying to your face and you eat it up like a hungry dog.
How do you know? You don’t so quit with the insults and we’ll see how it plays out.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Well, Dak sure has some severe leverage in this case.
What greater leverage in terms of skills does Dak have that someone like Colin didn’t have? Colin helped take a team to a Super Bowl. He was better than a number of starters in the league. Still no team signed him. That tells you that this idea of player leverage is just an illusion. This can happen even in non-professional sports related companies too. Have you heard of people being blacklisted from Hollywood? Why do you think the NFL has a player’s union? The reason such companies can do so is there is a limited supply of lucrative positions that are in high demand and in the case of the NFL it’s even harder for a player to have leverage because it is effectively a monopoly.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
How do you know? You don’t so quit with the insults and we’ll see how it plays out.
Oh, I don't know, but you do? Post it again and again and then one more time, it seems to make you happy that he lies right to your face and you eat it up.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
What greater leverage in terms of skills does Dak have that someone like Colin didn’t have? Colin helped take a team to a Super Bowl. He was better than a number of starters in the league. Still no team signed him. That tells you that this idea of player leverage is just an illusion. This can happen even in non-professional sports related companies too. Have you heard of people being blacklisted from Hollywood? Why do you think the NFL has a player’s union? The reason such companies can do so is there is a limited supply of lucrative positions that are in high demand, and it’s even further constrained because the NFL is effectively a monopoly.
These two things are not the same. Jerry screwed up the last Dak contract with no trade clause, no franchise tag and a balloon payment in 2024. If they don’t come to an agreement before the seasons over, Dak could walk and the Cowboy get absolutely nothing for him. You’re talking about some kind of conspiracy theory which may or may not be fact.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
These two things are not the same. Jerry screwed up the last Dak contract with no trade clause, no franchise tag and a balloon payment in 2024. If they don’t come to an agreement before the seasons over, Dak could walk and the Cowboy get absolutely nothing for him. You’re talking about some kind of conspiracy theory which may or may not be fact.
Who cares if Dak walks away without any compensation? That is some weak-*** leverage if any at all. Also, I didn’t give those examples as conspiracy fodder. I gave them as examples that leverage is an illusion when you’re the employee. No company has to hire you at all, especially for lucrative and high demand/low supply positions. Unless you are phenomenally distinguished, there are plenty of people out there who can do the same thing.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh, man, the Church of Dak loves this post I bet.
There you go, looking to argue. Can't keep it shut a d just talk about the topic....and the people wonder why both sides are always arguing.

stiletto

Reaction score
Who cares if Dak walks away without any compensation? That is some weak-*** leverage if any at all. Also, I didn’t give those examples as conspiracy fodder. I gave them as examples that leverage is an illusion when you’re the employee. No company has to hire you at all, especially for lucrative and high demand/low supply positions. Unless you are phenomenally distinguished, there are plenty of people out there who can do the same thing.
I think there are plenty of guys that could get the Cowboys to the Wild Card round and puke it away for WAY cheaper than Dak costs....

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I don’t think he’ll get $60M but he’ll top Burrow and Lawrence. Somewhere in the $56-$57M range.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Why would he ask for 60 million a year when he said he doesn’t care about money?
He is going to ask to be made the highest paid player in the NFL and will again demand a shorter contract for another bite at the apple.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
There you go, looking to argue. Can't keep it shut a d just talk about the topic....and the people wonder why both sides are always arguing.
There you go, looking to argue. Can't keep it shut and just talk about the topic...and people wonder why both sides are always arguing.

Praxit

Reaction score
........so Mahomes makes less than him. Already has 3 Golden Tickets.

My take. He wants $65 mill? Earn it. No stats! ..............give us some play trinkets.