Twitter: Prescott is already a 50 million dollar man

Mr_437

Reaction score
Now I see what the Joneses were talking about during contract negotiations about the opportunities to make $ off the field for their players. No better example than Dak.

What would happen to Dak's endorsements if he wasn't playing for DAL next year?

IndianaCowboys1994

Reaction score
I'm not surprised at all. This is why Jaylon Smith signed the deal he signed. Granted he won't make THAT much but being a Cowboy is worth it. If you win Super Bowls here you are even more popular. I can't imagine the $$$ The Triplets or Roger still make because they were a Cowboy. What if they were a Bengal? Can you imagine the money Aikman or Staubach would make in this era??

Fun story: I went to a sports store in Fort Wayne, Indiana (Jaylon's hometown.) He hooks them up with Cowboys autographs. I kid you not, Chris Jones (our punter) autograph was $100. TY Hilton (pro-bowl WR) autograph was $75!!!! I was surprised.

IndianaCowboys1994

Reaction score
Now I see what the Joneses were talking about during contract negotiations about the opportunities to make $ off the field for their players. No better example than Dak.

What would happen to Dak's endorsements if he wasn't playing for DAL next year?
Which is why Dak Prescott will be a Cowboy until the Cowboys don't want him. He knows this. If he was in Detroit or Cincinnati nobody would care. And this isn't a shot at Dak! Dak is good but he's not elite. He's in way more commercials than Patrick Mahomes who is way better than Dak. I'm stunned he didn't take the $30 million a year deal. I think it is kind of foolish on his camps part. What if he has a terrible year or gets hurt?

Bigdog

Reaction score
One of the main reasons he got those endorsements is because he plays the one of the most valuable position in sport for the most valuable sports franchise in the world and they are winning. That is something Dak needs to think about. Don’t think he would be doing national endorsements if he was playing for a team like the Bengals. I like Dak. I just hope he and the FO can agree on a fair contract for both sides soon.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Shows us how good CAA is when it comes to representing quarterbacks. When Dak finally gets his contract he can put his money in the bank. He actually wins either way if he gets franchised tagged. I just think the injury risk is just to big. Dak is either asking for the moon or the Jones family are low balling him. I think he wants to be the highest paid player in the league.

DanA

Reaction score
Wonder if his endorsement deals would even be half that at any other franchise other than the Dallas Cowboys

AbeBeta

Reaction score

There are 50-plus million reasons that Dak Prescott is not pushing for a new contract with the Dallas Cowboys.

Prescott has loss of value and disability insurance policies, as well as multi-year endorsement deals, that are valued at over $50 million, league sources tell ESPN.

The insurance policies protect the star quarterback against a career-threatening injury. The endorsement deals, worth more than what some starting NFL quarterbacks are making, are in place for years, according to sources.

This all contributes to why Prescott has not been in a rush to take deal with Dallas unless he believes it's a fair one, according to sources. The sides have been discussing a new deal, but as much as Prescott would have liked a new contract, he doesn't feel the need to have one this season.

Players rarely are able to collect on insurance. It should not be considered in a player's value

Blake

Reaction score
Only in America baby such a average Joe player feeding off the Glory of the STAR!
And to boot he want another 40 million a year?
Talking about somebody up there likes me oh well guess its like winning the Mega-Jackpot....

The average Joe is you.

Not only is Dak QB of America's Team, he's an educated man that doesn't speak in run-on sentences.
Not surprised to hear you mention the Mega-Jackpot. You seem like the dunce who would burn through his tens of dollars each day buying lottery tickets at the local 7-11.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
giphy.gif

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

This has become one of my favorites. LLLOOOLLL

Nav22

Reaction score
The average Joe is you.

Not only is Dak QB of America's Team, he's an educated man that doesn't speak in run-on sentences.
Not surprised to hear you mention the Mega-Jackpot. You seem like the dunce who would burn through his tens of dollars each day buying lottery tickets at the local 7-11.
You have Pappy PEGGED.
:lmao2:

Pass2Run

Reaction score

There are 50-plus million reasons that Dak Prescott is not pushing for a new contract with the Dallas Cowboys.

Prescott has loss of value and disability insurance policies, as well as multi-year endorsement deals, that are valued at over $50 million, league sources tell ESPN.

The insurance policies protect the star quarterback against a career-threatening injury. The endorsement deals, worth more than what some starting NFL quarterbacks are making, are in place for years, according to sources.

This all contributes to why Prescott has not been in a rush to take deal with Dallas unless he believes it's a fair one, according to sources. The sides have been discussing a new deal, but as much as Prescott would have liked a new contract, he doesn't feel the need to have one this season.

This is the same point I brought up for why it was really unnecessary for Zeke to holdout for so long.

And why it would also have been a good idea for a self-proclaimed entrepreneur like Antonio Brown to land in Dallas.

It also tells me Dak is a pretty smart guy.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The money he makes on endorsements will have no impact on his negotiations.
He plays football for a living. Endorsements are a side gig.
This is true.

But if you are savvy, endorsements can be right up there with your salary. Even eclipse it. Jordan had the $$ to buy the Hornets from his branding much moreso than his playing wages.

Looks like Dak is savvy.

nobody

Reaction score
Nobody knows what he was/is asking. Rumors say it was 40, but they're unsubstantiated rumors. It's great that he has endorsements. He has his head on straight, works hard, and loves football. He doesn't get into trouble off of the field. I'm sure we'll see an improving, football mature QB out there.

If I'm wrong, oh well, but I believe he'll do well. Now is the time to focus on the playing of the game rather than whine about what he might or might not get paid.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
I know alot if people post the hand to the forehead when some post some crazy posts. Does anyone from the old board remember several years ago when someone posted the Bert and Ernie from SS, and when Ernie says something and starts his laugh, the camera would keep getting closer and closer to Bert's face.