Prescott: Late & Close

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
"Late & Close" situations are one-score games in the 4th quarter or OT. Here are the top 10 passer ratings in these situations since 2016.

Brady 119.7
Roethlisberger 113.9
Wilson 111.1
Prescott 109.9
Brees 109.3
Ryan 106.3
Carr 105.2
Luck 104.6
Rodgers 102.1
Watson 99.4

That's out of the 32 QB with the most attempts in these situations since 2016, and includes postseason.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
"Late & Close" situations are one-score games in the 4th quarter or OT. Here are the top 10 passer ratings in these situations since 2016.

Brady 119.7
Roethlisberger 113.9
Wilson 111.1
Prescott 109.9
Brees 109.3
Ryan 106.3
Carr 105.2
Luck 104.6
Rodgers 102.1
Watson 99.4

That's out of the 32 QB with the most attempts in these situations since 2016, and includes postseason.
Dude, stop wasting your genius on idiot fans. Ignore and move on, it's the best medicine.

Ken

Reaction score

Brady 119.7
Roethlisberger 113.9
Wilson 111.1
Prescott 109.9
Brees 109.3
Ryan 106.3
Carr 105.2
Luck 104.6
Rodgers 102.1
Watson 99.4

Is this elite or bus driver?

Blake

Reaction score
I guess you're right, but I will simply put them on ignore. Since I've discovered that nice little trick, I've been having a wonderful time enjoying my Cowboys, and a nice Christmas season. Thanks @Reality

Good point. I never put anyone on ignore just as a personal principle, but then again I don't post as much as most here, so I'm probably less annoyed by the riffraff.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Good point. I never put anyone on ignore just as a personal principle, but then again I don't post as much as most here, so I'm probably less annoyed by the riffraff.
Good for you. I used to argue with everyone on the board, not anymore, I simply don't have the time or disposition to do it anymore so they get ignored.

RamziD

Reaction score

Brady 119.7
Roethlisberger 113.9
Wilson 111.1
Prescott 109.9
Brees 109.3
Ryan 106.3
Carr 105.2
Luck 104.6
Rodgers 102.1
Watson 99.4

I wonder if this is because of less conservative playcalling in these situations as well as some guys just being “clutch”?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I wonder if this is because of less conservative playcalling in these situations as well as some guys just being “clutch”?
Could it be a "nothing to lose" attitude?...Maybe.
Would I prefer that the offense doesn't screw the pooch in the first 3 quarters, so they don't have to put up these numbers in the 4th and OT? ...Definitely

But I'm glad Dak has the ability to turn it on at some point.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
All the morons arguing against your wonderful stats. I'm done debating, I simply ignore them.
He's upset about critical posters like myself. I've said it before. Dak's best skill is the "it" or "clutch" ability to focus and become better in intense situations. It really is remarkable and I love whatever it is.
I'm glad I can enjoy you both.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
The Cowboys are ranked 25th in passing in the NFL

That’s the stat that counts. Not this “ late and close” that is Cherry picked to prop up an agenda
“Late and close” = with 9 minutes to go in the game, Dak hands off a couple of times to Zeke, leisurely dinks and dunks into field goal range, throws well short of the first down on 3rd and long (of course) and watches the kicker come in and boot the winning field goal. CLUTCH.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Could it be a "nothing to lose" attitude?...Maybe.
Would I prefer that the offense doesn't screw the pooch in the first 3 quarters, so they don't have to put up these numbers in the 4th and OT? ...Definitely

But I'm glad Dak has the ability to turn it on at some point.

I agree with you to a point. Better play early in the games to get as large a lead as possible would be ideal.

That being said these stats are for 8 point or less games in the 4th quarter. In the NFL. A LOT of games are one score or less at some point in the 4th quarter. The margin for victory is slim in the league. Especially nowadays.

sureletsrace

Official CZ Homer
Reaction score
Good for you. I used to argue with everyone on the board, not anymore, I simply don't have the time or disposition to do it anymore so they get ignored.

I used to do the same, and I wouldn't put people on ignore because I was worried I'd miss good conversation. Now, there are maybe 5-7 people on it who I've deemed cannot be expected to discuss the team objectively and are quite possibly just trolling. It's been pretty nice not seeing those posts that are 100% angst and 0% quality argument or discussion.

I will never ignore someone because we don't see eye to eye, but if you're just going to spew negativity without rational solutions, facts, statistics, or constructive criticism, you're just wasting my screen's pixels.