Prescott: Late & Close

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Yes you are, Rodgers didn't do it under the criteria you laid out.
Yeah, it was worse. 1:12 to go and one timeout.

Of course, you know you're dealing with a troll who has nothing left when they're quibbling minutia.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
It’s exactly what happened. Late and close is utter BS and is almost as laughable as the idea that Dak is clutch. Dak is anti-clutch.
Can any Dak slobberer point me to the video of Dak leading the team on an 88 yard drive with 1:40 to go, no timeouts, no time to run or dink and dunk, Joe Montana style? You know what people really think of as clutch and not some phony tie game with 13 minutes left in the fourth quarter?
I’ll wait right here for the video.
That's oddly specific and very narrow to fit that criteria. He drove down the field with under 2 minutes in the Falcons game. The Lions game, the defense gave up back to back TD drives of less than 3.5 minutes each. We had just over 2 minutes and drove down the field, that was the game with that beautiful deep pass to Zeke when he lined up in the slot. Zeke made a heck of a catch on that too.
I'm sure this isn't good enough either, since we had a couple timeouts. :rolleyes:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good for you. I used to argue with everyone on the board, not anymore, I simply don't have the time or disposition to do it anymore so they get ignored.

I am getting to that point.

I had a lot on ignore at one point in time, then removed a good part of them.
I kept my ignore list to those that would throw out the personal insults, and still hold to that.
Some just for a short time to just not to waste my time arguing over nothing at that moment. Some stay on it.

But now many that just want to be argumentative for no reason I eventually put them on ignore. Such as one that would attack me no matter what I post.
I don’t want to waste my time on them. There are a few on a short list right now. Had to urge to put one on today, but will see now it goes. Because that person can have some good posts. Well a few are like that. They been on and off my list several times.

It can make life on here so much easier. I wish there was an ignore thread option though.

Zman5

Reaction score
Except for that last word there, your description doesn't characterize what's actually happened. Of the 32 QB with the most attempts in these situations, Prescott ranks 6th in YPA, and 5th in TD passes, and 2nd in total TD.

Also, if it was as easy as what Super Kazuya is claiming, why aren't the other "better" QBs on that list instead?

Zman5

Reaction score
dak has been good in these situations.
however, he is only 1 of 2 qbs on the list with a dominant rb.
but he is not just a bus driver.

however, some of his weakness are worse than a bus driver.
though those weakness r made worse by stupid playcalling

The point about RB is true but most if not all of the QBs on that list has had much better receivers than Dak.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I am getting to that point.

I had a lot on ignore at one point in time, then removed a good part of them.
I kept my ignore list to those that would throw out the personal insults, and still hold to that.
Some just for a short time to just not to waste my time arguing over nothing at that moment. Some stay on it.

But now many that just want to be argumentative for no reason I eventually put them on ignore. Such as one that would attack me no matter what I post.
I don’t want to waste my time on them. There are a few on a short list right now. Had to urge to put one on today, but will see now it goes. Because that person can have some good posts. Well a few are like that. They been on and off my list several times.

It can make life on here so much easier. I wish there was an ignore thread option though.
That one's a choice.

Little Jr

Reaction score
Yeah, it was worse. 1:12 to go and one timeout.

Of course, you know you're dealing with a troll who has nothing left when they're quibbling minutia.
"Can any Dak slobberer point me to the video of Dak leading the team on an 88 yard drive with1:40 to go, no timeouts, no time to run or dink and dunk"

That was your criteria. Now 1:12 with one TO is ok. Is 2:00 2 TO ok? 75 yds with 3 TO and 42 sec? Just trying to figure out your exact criteria.

Zman5

Reaction score
"Can any Dak slobberer point me to the video of Dak leading the team on an 88 yard drive with1:40 to go, no timeouts, no time to run or dink and dunk"

That was your criteria. Now 1:12 with one TO is ok. Is 2:00 2 TO ok? 75 yds with 3 TO and 42 sec? Just trying to figure out your exact criteria.

With one arm tied behind his back and with a blindfold made out of buffalo leather.

Bennie

Reaction score
That's oddly specific and very narrow to fit that criteria. He drove down the field with under 2 minutes in the Falcons game. The Lions game, the defense gave up back to back TD drives of less than 3.5 minutes each. We had just over 2 minutes and drove down the field, that was the game with that beautiful deep pass to Zeke when he lined up in the slot. Zeke made a heck of a catch on that too.
I'm sure this isn't good enough either, since we had a couple timeouts. :rolleyes:

We wouldn't have needed this late game drive if Dak would have converted in the redzone. He missed a wide open Gathers. So we had to settle for 3.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
We wouldn't have needed this late game drive if Dak would have converted in the redzone. He missed a wide open Gathers. So we had to settle for 3.
We also wouldn't have needed it if the defense didn't give up back to back quick TD drives. They gave it up in big chunks too, each drive was just over 3 minutes long.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
“Late and close” = with 9 minutes to go in the game, Dak hands off a couple of times to Zeke, leisurely dinks and dunks into field goal range, throws well short of the first down on 3rd and long (of course) and watches the kicker come in and boot the winning field goal. CLUTCH.

But it's a win, right?

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But it's a win, right?
I’m amazed at the number of people who measure players and teams by yardage as opposed to wins.

In the 1971 season, the year the Cowboys won their first SB, the QB with the best stats that year was San Diego’s Jon Hadl. They never sniffed a SB. Roger Staubach had good stats of course, but the main reason he’s in the HOF is his ability to lead his team to wins.

That’s what matters...winning. Unless you’re playing fantasy football in which case definitely go with stats, lol.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
Is this elite or bus driver?

The eye test says elite when ‘late and close’ (in other words, ‘clutch’) but bus driver in other contexts. I bet you the drop off for Dak when it’s not ‘late and close’ is a lot bigger than it is for other guys near the top of the list.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
"Late & Close" situations are one-score games in the 4th quarter or OT. Here are the top 10 passer ratings in these situations since 2016.

Brady 119.7
Roethlisberger 113.9
Wilson 111.1
Prescott 109.9
Brees 109.3
Ryan 106.3
Carr 105.2
Luck 104.6
Rodgers 102.1
Watson 99.4

That's out of the 32 QB with the most attempts in these situations since 2016, and includes postseason.

What about since 2017?

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score

That’s what some refer to as a 30-yard dink pass.