Prescott or Dalton: Who do you want starting

Who do you want starting

• Total voters

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
will there be a true and legitimate competition for the qb spot between Dalton and dak.
Only if we're throwing into a net, without pads, in a backyard against toddlers.

cern

Reaction score
Only if we're throwing into a net, without pads, in a backyard against toddlers.
years ago I lived in spain. every bullfighter always claimed that as children they would sneak onto the ranches and fight the bulls with nothing but a red rag to improve their skills. but none really did.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
years ago I lived in spain. every bullfighter always claimed that as children they would sneak onto the ranches and fight the bulls with nothing but a red rag to improve their skills. but none really did.
That's one of the craziest things I've ever seen from a safe distance. I sometimes route for the bull.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
It’s been a while since I really got into some of these threads but are we still the laughing stock Cleveland brown like team or have we graduated? I ask because it seems like there is some talent on this team who some think a qb (who quarterbacked a team that is actually on the browns level) Can thrive with.

these arguments are more about dislike of the player and trolls, but we are heading into Kirk cousins territory with the skids. A skid fan I know wanted to give him 3 years as starter and if he didn’t win a super bowl let him go and move on.
He basically got what he wanted and now they got Haskins?

Was that an upgrade?

it’s not guaranteed to happen with the cowboys but the odds aren’t in our favor and that kind of decision can set the franchise back and is actually A Cleveland brown Type of decision.

pay the man and move on as there will be renegotiations and money to be moved around. He is not an old man

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Remember when Dak won 7 of his last 8 in 2018 to make the playoffs including beating New Orleans & Philly twice? Then beat Seattle & Russell Wilson in the post season, only to have our defense & coaching totally mess the bed in LA?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

But you guys go with the dude who has 1 TD & 6 INTs in his 4 postseason losses.

AevgXrOg.jpg

Endzoneview

Reaction score
The real issue is the integrity of the Cowboys franchise.
I say go with Dalton and end this charade of Prescott thinking he is entitled while being gifted the position from Garrett's incompetence.

Do you actually watch games?

StuckMojo

Reaction score
Remember when Dak won 7 of his last 8 in 2018 to make the playoffs including beating New Orleans & Philly twice? Then beat Seattle & Russell Wilson in the post season, only to have our defense & coaching totally mess the bed in LA?

AevgXrOg.jpg
Do you remember when they decided to make this team a pass first team under Dak and went 8-8 scoring 3 FGs against philly’s 2nd team and missing the playoffs? The losses aren’t just on Dak but the whole team. You are trying to give Dak all the credit for wins though. It takes a complete team which is hard to do when you overpay a few players.

cowboysfan99

Reaction score
I'm not sold on Dak, but he's our starter unless he is injured or struggles really badly...end of story.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score

AevgXrOg.jpg

Not really (and I voted Dak). Fans may be voting for Dalton because it allows us to improve the defence to such a level that we don't capitulate in LA.

Lose at QB, but gain in defence?

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Not really (and I voted Dak). Fans may be voting for Dalton because it allows us to improve the defence to such a level that we don't capitulate in LA.

Lose at QB, but gain in defence?

How are you gaining Defense? I would like this explained to me because people keep saying it.

Who are you signing that you cant sign with DAK?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I'd take Dalton with his current salary over Dak and his current salary or his estimated new contract. If Dalton wants a teddy Bridgewater contract that is doable but if he thinks i'm paying top money to him like Wilson or Daks new deal then heck no. Teams need to stop being scarred of average QB's and realize when you invest in a top 10 OL, top 5 RB, couple 1k yard receivers, a good TE you do not have to pay top QB money to an average QB. Save that money to upgrade players on the defense cause we still lack talent and depth there.
how many teams have gone and won a superbowl with that formula?

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Easy...make it an open competition. Because honestly I want the best player to start.
:hammer:Don't just pencil in the starter. If Dalton is running the offense better then he should start. Unfortunately, by the time you will have that info Dak will have signed an extension or his tag and the $'s committed will likely dictate that he start regardless.