Prescott or Dalton: Who do you want starting

Who do you want starting

• Total voters

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
There's no question that the level of support Andy had from the Bengals was terribly inept.

Aside from that, 32 isn't that old for a QB. I'm thinking he'll do better under C for the 'Boys.

By the looks of things, however, it would take an injury for the FO to replace Dak with him.
I don't think 32 is old. I just think at 32 years old you aren't getting better.

And I can't say the Bengals talent was inept. He had some players around him. Especially AJ Green in his prime. You can say last years team was inept and maybe the year before. But Dalton had a solid team around him earlier in his career.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
My inclination right now is just to be entertained. Just for kicks, I'd like to see Andy take the helm and enjoy seeing Dak & Todd look befuddled! :muttley:
there you go lol , after 4 years of dak and now this contract thing I am ready for a new qb!

DandyDon52

Reaction score
https://clutchpoints.com/nfl-news-2021-salary-cap-could-take-massive-hit-due-to-covid-19-pandemic/[/QUOTE]
Even though they placed the tag on Prescott, the Cowboys remain fixated on getting a deal done with him as soon as possible. In the event that the salary cap suffers a hiccup next offseason, signing Prescott could become a little more difficult.

Besides the Cowboys, there are going to be certain teams like the Kansas City Chiefs, who may have to wait to sign their franchise quarterback. It will be interesting to see how teams react to the news of a possible decline in the salary.

if cap goes down in 21 then daks deal becomes more expensive and a higher %
so better to play him on the tag or let him walk

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
there you go lol , after 4 years of dak and now this contract thing I am ready for a new qb!

It was said as much in jest as anything else . . . I'll get to see what Andy can do in the preseason, if there is one. I'm just pissed at Dak right now but I'll probably get over it once this things gets settled. The Cowboys can always go with the tag. I wouldn't fault them for that.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I don't think 32 is old. I just think at 32 years old you aren't getting better.

And I can't say the Bengals talent was inept. He had some players around him. Especially AJ Green in his prime. You can say last years team was inept and maybe the year before. But Dalton had a solid team around him earlier in his career.

We're at a standoff on us getting together on that at this time. I think Andy and Dak were pretty much the same earlier in his career. I'm not alone in that assumption. I reserve my right to change my mind, just like you do, however. I'm also sure the FO isn't about to send Dak packing, in case it worries you. Dak would have to do something extremely rash to change that. We both realize this, I'm sure.

Once preseason gets underway, assuming there is one, we'll both know more; 'til then we're getting nowhere. Give it time and we'll see what happens. I'm sure Dak has the advantage of being familiar with his receivers, so there's that, also. His advantage is obvious, since he's the one Dallas drafted from the start. Jerry and Stephen aren't likely to rescind that. We're both aware he's not going anywhere, unless something odd happens. Relax.

Last edited:

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
There will be
I remember when ware left there were people who truly deliver all his sacks were in garbage time too

Yep, remember having several heated debates with posters who were not only convinced he was washed up but he had no value left.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
How do you know that? A team might choose Dalton on affordability alone, especially if their cap is tight.

Here's something EVERY GM will be thinking. Next season Dalton will be a QB that went from a starting QB and then accepted being a backup QB on a different team. They will say to themselves just how many QB that lost their starting job and then accepted being a backup QB on another team will then lead a team to a successful winning season as the starter for the season. If the bengals hadn't cut him and he was just demoted because he was still under contract so he really wasn't accepting it as much as having to, then they may take a chance on him. But he accepted being a backup on another team so that's telling all of the GM's that he no longer thinks he doesn't think he could get a starter job in this league.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
We're at a standoff on us getting together on that at this time. I think Andy and Dak were pretty much the same earlier in his career. I'm not alone in that assumption. I reserve my right to change my mind, just like you do, however. I'm also sure the FO isn't about to send Dak packing, in case it worries you. Dak would have to do something extremely rash to change that. We both realize this, I'm sure.

Once preseason gets underway, assuming there is one, we'll both know more; 'til then we're getting nowhere. Give it time and we'll see what happens. I'm sure Dak has the advantage of being familiar with his receivers, so there's that, also. His advantage is obvious, since he's the one Dallas drafted from the start. Jerry and Stephen aren't likely to rescind that. We're both aware he's not going anywhere, unless something odd happens. Relax.
Nothing to relax about. I never thought his job was in jeopardy. Not to say that it is or isn’t but they signed him to a franchise tag.....not concerned with him. When we signed Dalton I liked it. My opinion of him isn’t going to change because he’s a Cowboy. He’s a solid player. He’s hit his peak.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Nothing to relax about. I never thought his job was in jeopardy. Not to say that it is or isn’t but they signed him to a franchise tag.....not concerned with him. When we signed Dalton I liked it. My opinion of him isn’t going to change because he’s a Cowboy. He’s a solid player. He’s hit his peak.

That's my feeling also, in terms of his being a good backup to Dak. Like many others here, I'm upset with Dak about his stubborn stance with his and his agent's hardball tactics. I'm pretty sure I'll likely get over it, once things settle down. I do want to see Andy do really well, whatever that entails.

Last edited:

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
All due respect, there shouldn't be one. I can't imagine a single poster who would rather see Dalton starting over Dak.
Yet he’s got 84 votes. Unbelievable. Just goes to show you people that truly don’t understand this game

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That's my feeling also, in terms of his being a good backup to Dak. Like many others here, I'm upset with Dak about his stubborn stance with his and his agent's hardball tactics. I'm pretty sure I'll likely get over it, once things settle down. I do want to see Andy do really well, whatever that entails.
There’s no stubborn stance. Prescott wants four years franchise wants five. It’ll get done when the time is ready. Everything is posturing you know that

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
There’s no stubborn stance. Prescott wants four years franchise wants five. It’ll get done when the time is ready. Everything is posturing you know that

I was objecting to Dak's insistence upon demanding elite compensation more-so than just the years involved. I'm mostly concerned about the team's ability to maintain the type of roster necessary to return to championship status. In any event, our FO isn't the most capable one around, so that's a problem in and of itself. Let's both hope things get worked out to the team's advantage in the long run. When push comes to shove, the best we can do is want what's best for the team. Dak and the FO will both survive. Team is my main concern -- I'm sure it's yours, as well. ;)

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score
Yet he’s got 84 votes. Unbelievable. Just goes to show you people that truly don’t understand this game
It doesn't. What you're clearly missing is salary implications. The poll didn't provide for that, so the choice is overpaying Dak or going w/ a mediocre vet. That is a very tough choice.

There is absolutely no need to berate those who don't agree w/ you. I think more of you than that.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Here's something EVERY GM will be thinking. Next season Dalton will be a QB that went from a starting QB and then accepted being a backup QB on a different team. They will say to themselves just how many QB that lost their starting job and then accepted being a backup QB on another team will then lead a team to a successful winning season as the starter for the season. If the bengals hadn't cut him and he was just demoted because he was still under contract so he really wasn't accepting it as much as having to, then they may take a chance on him. But he accepted being a backup on another team so that's telling all of the GM's that he no longer thinks he doesn't think he could get a starter job in this league.
I dont think that is true, fitzpatrik was a backup who went to starter, and there were many reasons for dalton to take the job with the cowboys.
A qb has to wait for a team that needs a starter.
also tannehill is similar to dalton, he was brought in to bkup mariota , then wound up taking over as starter and kept the job.
The other guy who is a bkup in NO could still get a starting job, bridgewater.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
It doesn't. What you're clearly missing is salary implications. The poll didn't provide for that, so the choice is overpaying Dak or going w/ a mediocre vet. That is a very tough choice.

There is absolutely no need to berate those who don't agree w/ you. I think more of you than that.
exactly, it is all just opinions.
I think many here are know it alls, and when someone says something they dont agree with , they are insecure about their own opinion
so then say well this person or persons must be morons if they dont see it as I do !
I like to keep an open mind and be able to change my opinion if I feel I should.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Aye.....either way.....whether they chose not to sign Dak or if he gets hurt.....this team Is in a much better situation with Dalton than Rush.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I dont think that is true, fitzpatrik was a backup who went to starter, and there were many reasons for dalton to take the job with the cowboys.
A qb has to wait for a team that needs a starter.
also tannehill is similar to dalton, he was brought in to bkup mariota , then wound up taking over as starter and kept the job.
The other guy who is a bkup in NO could still get a starting job, bridgewater.

Just which of the EIGHT teams Fitzpatrck has played on did he turn them into successful winning team. Tannehill isn't anything like Dalton. Tannehill didn't sign with another team as a backup QB, he was told from the start that he could compete for the starting job. Dalton wasn't. Bridgewater is also different because he had to prove himself again after a devastating injury which he did with the saints. None of your examples lost their starting job to a rookie that hadn't even taken a single NFL snap at the time which is a red flag for GM's in the future that a starting QB got cut for a college player with zero NFL snaps. That doesn't say any good about his abilities.