Prescott, polished and groomed

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Disagree with the Hatred characterization. Not sure why that would be in your thoughts or heart. Sad
People use hatred to stifle discussion because who wants to be a “hater” or other terms? It’s just lazy talk that in 2019 just means two people disagree on something and they don’t want to discuss the points the other side may have.

Reaction score
just because Wentz is not great, it does not mean Dak is
Certain it worth 30+ mill/year
He needs a lot of supporting pieces to be good
He cannot stem the tide on a bad day and be the difference maker
He is not an elite QB
I agree with a lot of this.

But can you win with him if the circumstances are right? Yes you can. And this is also true for maybe 28 other starting QB's in this league. They have to have pieces around them or it won't work. Dak can't put the team on his shoulders. But you can count the guys who can on 1 hand. They are an exceptionally rare commodity.

So what happens when you get rid of him? Cooper Rush? Andy Dalton will be available. Ryan Tannehill? Joe Flacco? Mitch Trubisky? Case Keenum? I can go on.

$30M is a lot of money. But that's the market. For better or for worse. Low supply and high demand and all that Economics 101 stuff we all learned.

The options of finding a sure fire, guaranteed upgrade with superior numbers that Dak has thrown up over his career is remote. Especially when you consider the cast of characters who would be doing the looking. This is the same group that were trying to trade up for Paxton Lynch and draft Connor Cook.

Last edited:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We already agreed to disagree when you posted he improved. Good for you seeing a different player but I think most of y’all want to see a different player that isn’t. Cooper makes him look better that’s all and if Cooper gets hurt for any real time pretty sure I’ll be proven right
I definitely see improvement in Dak. One example is the audible he called against Philly for the TD. He read the defense perfectly, and called an excellent counter.
As for his throwing, I see improvement in that as well, though not as much when he's being pressured.
He still has work to do, and he may never reach elite status, but he's good, and on his way to very good, IMO.

Brax

Reaction score
not sure that we have ever seen a QB in the NFL treated so unfairly by fans, "experts" , "pundits" AND REFS..in all my years watching football. Dak Prescott deserves our respect and fairness. He's given us no reason to doubt him as of yet. We are either with him or against him..no BS in between crap. GO ALL IN OR GET OFF THE BOARD. Sorry guys..lol
This is a really sad take on it, sorry guy.......

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
People use hatred to stifle discussion because who wants to be a “hater” or other terms? It’s just lazy talk that in 2019 just means two people disagree on something and they don’t want to discuss the points the other side may have.
In many cases, this is true. In some cases however, I think people honestly believe hatred is the reason behind some people refusing to try to see their points.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
The footwork/shoulder "shimmy" (pump) was definitely evident Sun. night. You could clearly see it on the Coop stop and go on the left sideline. Colinsworth also pointed this out at times during the broadcast. He's clearly evolving and has taken a step up this year.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Dak like the team only needs to stay consistent. He also needs to quit with the temperature checks. Just stay in the game plan and if it's there then take it. I think Dak is the least of this team problems. Dak never looked as "ghostly" as Darnold on a BAD Dak day. So he's still a younger quarterback and will hopefully get better. Especially if he finally get's a great head coach to teach him.

Brax

Reaction score
I agree. I saw it with Danny White as well. Only way this changes is by winning a SB until that happens Dak will be targeted by some fans.
This goes back to Don Meredith, only winning matters, difference is DC had QB's in waiting.Dak should thank his lucky stars that only bums are back ups, which is by design I believe.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
In many cases, this is true. In some cases however, I think people honestly believe hatred is the reason behind some people refusing to try to see their points.
I agree but I think my way is more likely the case in these Dak discussions then yours. The main reasons people give for those to hate Dak don’t even make logical sense for most people. The two main reasons people say are Romo related and non football reasons. Being realistic who wants their team they’ve rooted for years if not decades in a lot of cases to fail because of those reasons? That’s why I said hate means what it does in this discussion or most online discussions to be honest. People have got so comfortable in their bubbles they can’t stand differing opinions. I think Dak average others don’t cool.

visionary

Reaction score
By that definition there is only one elite QB in the league ........ Tom Brady

Troy never won anything without Emmitt and Irvin.

So I am fine with a really good QB with weapons

I think Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Wilson, Mahomes are in that category and I think Watson soon will be

Dak is good but needs a great supporting cast and needs great coaching which we don’t have

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I've been of the opinion, going back to 2016, that Dak is not the answer. I could see that his rookie season was a combination of being unknown and having everything around him functioning at a high level. I am not a person who digs in on an opinion and never lets it go. I certainly didn't want to have that opinion.

I watched 2017 and 2018 and nothing I saw moved me off my initial impressions. Had some good qualities but not enough to outweigh the bad. Still saw a very average QB who would need to much help in the salary cap reality of the NFL.

2019 starts out great. I saw a couple throws a game that really impressed me. Throws that I really hadn't seen from him. Still though, playing those cupcakes was what it was.

Then the dark times descended upon us, I know it wasn't all Dak's fault by any stretch. He did not really do anything special to overcome the mistakes of others and he made his own. He played very average football. He began to do all the things that had me down on him. Inaccurate passes making things harder for his teammates. Holding the ball to long. Happy feet and bailing on the pocket. I thought every one of those games was winnable with great QB play. He did impress me standing in to deliver the ball against the Jets. Hadn't really seen much of that from him so that was a very good sign.

Sunday night he really impressed me. I know it was against a very bad pass defense but he was, dare I say, surgical much of the time with his passes. Seeing him change the play in the redzone was like the sun breaking out after a week of rain. He wasn't perfect, couple of trademark behind the receiver passes and a couple bonehead decisions but that may have been his best game imo.

So now... he's got my attention. Need to see the consistency. Need to see it against good defenses. I have some hope though.

Still not paying him today though. Hopefully I will be in the spring.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I think Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Wilson, Mahomes are in that category and I think Watson soon will be

Dak is good but needs a great supporting cast and needs great coaching which we don’t have

All the guys you named after Brady has never won anything without talent around them

Last edited:

BleedinBlue

Reaction score
Dak has improved greatly , needs to stay the course. Rodgers not so good the last 2 years facing injuries and sub par WR play. Cooper has had an impact but what are the expectations when Allen freaking Hurns is your #1 wide out? Patriots just traded for Sanu , think they don't need help just because they have Brady? It's not uncommon around the NFL to get your QB some talent. Browns traded for Landry and OBJ , Rams traded for Woods and Cooks, Patriots bring in Brown . GM's don't throw their QB's to the wolves. Dak hasn't hit his ceiling yet and will only improve. Those that can't see the improvement are biased and it's personnel with them. I'm not saying he's the greatest thing since sliced bread , but I give him credit for improvement and the hard work he's put in to get better. "We see things not as they are , but as we are"

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I agree but I think my way is more likely the case in these Dak discussions then yours. The main reasons people give for those to hate Dak don’t even make logical sense for most people. The two main reasons people say are Romo related and non football reasons. Being realistic who wants their team they’ve rooted for years if not decades in a lot of cases to fail because of those reasons? That’s why I said hate means what it does in this discussion or most online discussions to be honest. People have got so comfortable in their bubbles they can’t stand differing opinions. I think Dak average others don’t cool.
Oh I agree your reasoning is more common, that's why I said "in most cases".

CWR

Reaction score
We already agreed to disagree when you posted he improved. Good for you seeing a different player but I think most of y’all want to see a different player that isn’t. Cooper makes him look better that’s all and if Cooper gets hurt for any real time pretty sure I’ll be proven right

Yeah and I think you are missing his improvement. Want to keep arguing or naw?

Shotgun Dave

Reaction score
I think Dak average others don’t cool.

Statistics are an objective way to measure one's performance. Certainly better to argue one's point WITH them than WITHOUT.

Statistically, he is a superior QB. The stats back it up again and again.

Argue against them all you want, but the stats say he is an elite QB. Everything else is opinion.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Yeah and I think you are missing his improvement. Want to keep arguing or naw?
Im not arguing just having a discussion based on the topic. I also rarely don’t reply to a posters post if they reply to mine so if you don’t want me to reply you can’t just not answer this or say something unworthy of a reply. Outside of that most times I going to reply back. The or naw kinda dated though

Reactions: CWR