Prescott Pre Draft Article

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
The proliferation of read-option offenses has allowed for more college quarterbacks to put up strong numbers and wins. Dak Prescott is a solid college quarterback that has led Mississippi State to uncharted waters as a football program. However the baseline skills needed at the next level are not consistently shown in his game.........https://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2015/11/04/dak-prescott/

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The proliferation of read-option offenses has allowed for more college quarterbacks to put up strong numbers and wins. Dak Prescott is a solid college quarterback that has led Mississippi State to uncharted waters as a football program. However the baseline skills needed at the next level are not consistently shown in his game.........https://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2015/11/04/dak-prescott/
Why post this? This is like someone telling you your wife wasn't a virgin 3 years after you married her.

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
Is this article talking about Dak Prescott who led a team with almost zero NFL talent to the number 1 ranking in the nation?

This is silly. Obviously he has issues. Every QB does. He has been good the last few games.

exciter

Reaction score
Yeah anyone being honest has figured this out by now! Sure there's still a couple of die hards but convincing Jerry is gonna be the issue and it's looking like its gonna take at least one more year of convincing!

Ken

Reaction score
So this is where this ridiculous narrative originated? Wow..what a crap article. Yes, he missed a few throws in the Alabama game, he also made a ton of throws and ended up losing 25-20. I let the 2nd example just keep running and watch every play. May want to do that...

1 really bad pick and 1 tipped pick. 2 tds. Offense looked like our offense now...no weapons against a great defense yet Dak gutted his way to almost winning the game.

Not to mention Dak is a better qb today.

Creeper

Reaction score
After watching all the film I will argue that Dak is clearly much better now than he was in college. His strength then, as now, is his ability to run and pick up the first down when there is nothing open downfield. He is also clearly more accurate than he was in college. That doesn't mean his is an accurate passer now.

First, let's give props where they are deserved. Dak may be inaccurate but he doesn't throw many INTs. Oddly, many of his INTs come on balls tipped by his own receivers. Unfortunate but at the same time the result of inaccurate passes - should have been caught, but Dak makes the plays more difficult for the receivers.

The part that concerns me is its clear Dak still throws to the receivers rather than to where they will be. This keeps them from picking up yardage after the catch. It also concerns me that he is slow to make decisions and get rid of the ball. Dal waits too long to throw it and by the time he does, the receiver who was open is no longer open. Defenses have learned to take away Dak's running lanes and when he has nowhere to escape and he has to throw the football he is simply not good enough to make the defense pay. He can win in the NFL as we have all seen, but his greatest asset is still his ability to run.

Brax

Reaction score
So this is where this ridiculous narrative originated? Wow..what a crap article. Yes, he missed a few throws in the Alabama game, he also made a ton of throws and ended up losing 25-20. I let the 2nd example just keep running and watch every play. May want to do that...

1 really bad pick and 1 tipped pick. 2 tds. Offense looked like our offense now...no weapons against a great defense yet Dak gutted his way to almost winning the game.

Not to mention Dak is a better qb today.
Dak is great Dak is great Dak is great, the article could of been written a week ago same problems , it's not Dak's fault he isn't very good throwing the ball accurately it's because everyone else is bad see even in college it was everyone else s fault, poor misunderstood Dak. Thanks for pointing out again Ken how superior Dak is and what shame it is to waste the elite talent Dak shows with all the inferior players around him. I bet you think Dak should of gone number 1 in the draft with his superior play and those low quality players around him.

Blake

Reaction score
I have to say, it is amusing watching expert couch potatoes on this board latch onto a new shiny buzz word , that they can repeat incessantly until all of its' meaning is lost.

Flavor of the week is: "8 man boxes" Wonder what it'll be in a couple of months. Tune in to find out!

Ken

Reaction score
Dak is great Dak is great Dak is great, the article could of been written a week ago same problems , it's not Dak's fault he isn't very good throwing the ball accurately it's because everyone else is bad see even in college it was everyone else s fault, poor misunderstood Dak. Thanks for pointing out again Ken how superior Dak is and what shame it is to waste the elite talent Dak shows with all the inferior players around him. I bet you think Dak should of gone number 1 in the draft with his superior play and those low quality players around him.
No Brax, just keep repeating what everyone else is saying. Don't actually look at the entire game. Take a few plays and just paint the player with a broad brush.

That is much easier to do.

Batman1980

Reaction score
I have to say, it is amusing watching expert couch potatoes on this board latch onto a new shiny buzz word , that they can then repeat incessantly until all of its' meaning is lost.

Flavor of the week is: "8 man boxes" Wonder what it'll be in a couple of months. Tune in to find out!

Hybrid.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why do you think he was the 7th QB taken, 3rd choice of his own team, and not one GM/head scout had him above the 4th round? Think guys like Casserly and Polian aren't happy to see him struggling? That look on Polian's face when he said "how could all of us get this wrong" was one of pain.

I do not know who was in his camp, except we've been told Wade Wilson was the guy, but since the Cowboys were thinking QB and as high as the 1st round, don't you think Garrett had a little convo with his buddy Saban about Prescott?

It has been my opinion all along that Garrett was not in camp Prescott and still isn't. Disagree? Go back and watch All or Nothing, just that part where he plays that ball placement game with Dak. Watch Garrett's facial expressions during that game.

The Joneses did a fall back to Prescott, thought they'd hit it lucky like they did with his predecessor and wanted to milk that as "ain't we smart". I do not think it was Garrett making the call on which QB continued to be QB1 when Romo was healthy. If there was a strain put on their relationship after that it was because Romo felt Garrett didn't fight enough for him. But Garrett is all "go along to get along", that's how he keeps knocking down 6M a year. That's his real job.

If you get the chance, go back and watch the AL-MIss St games of 2014 and 2015 and you will know what Saban told Garrett. They played him just like he's getting played now. And I am not hatin' on Dak, either a QB is accurate or he's not, accuracy cannot be fixed at that stage of their career.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Why do you think he was the 7th QB taken, 3rd choice of his own team, and not one GM/head scout had him above the 4th round? Think guys like Casserly and Polian aren't happy to see him struggling? That look on Polian's face when he said "how could all of us get this wrong" was one of pain.

I do not know who was in his camp, except we've been told Wade Wilson was the guy, but since the Cowboys were thinking QB and as high as the 1st round, don't you think Garrett had a little convo with his buddy Saban about Prescott?

It has been my opinion all along that Garrett was not in camp Prescott and still isn't. Disagree? Go back and watch All or Nothing, just that part where he plays that ball placement game with Dak. Watch Garrett's facial expressions during that game.

The Joneses did a fall back to Prescott, thought they'd hit it lucky like they did with his predecessor and wanted to milk that as "ain't we smart". I do not think it was Garrett making the call on which QB continued to be QB1 when Romo was healthy. If there was a strain put on their relationship after that it was because Romo felt Garrett didn't fight enough for him. But Garrett is all "go along to get along", that's how he keeps knocking down 6M a year. That's his real job.

If you get the chance, go back and watch the AL-MIss St games of 2014 and 2015 and you will know what Saban told Garrett. They played him just like he's getting played now. And I am not hatin' on Dak, either a QB is accurate or he's not, accuracy cannot be fixed at that stage of their career.

8th.