Twitter: Prescott to practice today

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Come on now that was a jab from using labels...too you its not as bad as using the word "hater" but it was a label that was not thrown for praise....
It wasn't meant convey praise. It was simply meant to reference them.

How could I have referenced that group in a way that would be acceptable to you?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Factually, I didn’t say AFTER the 17-3 run. What I stated was, after the Giants went up 17-3 when we were pass happy with Dak, Moore went to the RG to save this offense from flailing around on the back of Dak’s arm.

actually....factually, I never said after a 17-3 run...I said after the 17-3 LEAD (premature ejaculation on your part trying to argue in advance of something that never had been said!?)....I gave you the pass/run break down after we went down 17-3......stats stand as presented....you are still wrong (always)...factually that is

Dak in that series threw a total of 3 times and ran 1. We got right back in the game, because of the running game and the defense then forcing a fumble return for a TD. Claiming Dak brought us back is completely bogus narrative. The fact the INT was a tipped ball doesn’t change the fact, Dak threw the ball and the big lead the Giants had was caused by the “Dak attack” passing attack and Moore had to go completely away from it, to you know “come back”.

You know maybe read correctly, before responding.
I never said Dak brought us back (its you and your agenda that's jumping the gun and to conclusions because you have a ready made argument you want to follow), I gave you the stats for second quarter after we went down 17-3....but as usual a dak basher (in your case dak-hater fits), is trying to change the argument, narrative....now, if as usual, you want to say between 13:35 of first quarter and 5:00 mark of the second quarter ...then you would be right, furthermore we can take a look at Dak's horrible 2nd and 3rd quarter stats in games played against AFC teams on grass north of mississipi, at the 4:00PM time slot...its just horrendous ;)

Further, to address the rest of your post, for a real explanation regarding the passing attempts, the ‘passing’ game you are trying to use to refute my point, came with 50 seconds to go in HURRY UP with the Giants playing soft in known passing situations. Whoppitty-do, that we finally netted something yard passing on soft defense with our WRs. Again proof of Dak only moving the ball “on the back of his arm” against soft defenses. Never a fan of soft, prevent defense, but that situation is about keeping the WR in front of you, to burn the clock. Facts are the Cowboys were also helped out by an unnecessary roughness call, otherwise the Giants defense would have done what it was suppose to in that time, which is at most, given up a FG. Even Wilson can throw TDs like he did to Dak, Which was again predicated off the threat of the run.
ok, I guess you want to exclude last two minutes of the game, where in that same hurry up offense we scored a TD and took the lead at half time...but hey, like I said...between 13:35 of first quarter and 5:00 mark of second quarter you would be right...go ahead...spin away.

So no, you actually didn’t counter my point. And if you actually want to know further why, Moore again started off the third by calling Zeke and Pollard’s number three times, meaning the run game. That opened up 1 long pass to CeeDee Lamb, of 22 yards. Dak then throws an incomplete and Pollard runs for 11 yards again.

Then Dak takes off for 9 yards and busts his leg.

so to summarize, it went down exactly like I stated. The RG of Dallas is actually what won the game and this is as more than evidence when Andy came in and basically did the EXACT SAME THINK our 160 million dollar “legend” did.. Dalton handed the ball to Zeke who happened to run for a 12 yard TD.

You see what was happening is that our RG completely began to dominate the Giants defense. The very next series, when Dalton threw it twice, it was a 3 and out. You see even Dalton could do what Dak did that game. Which is why Dalton proceeded to tie the game with a FG, when once again, Moore called Zeke and Pollard’s number 6 times and Dalton’s 4, on the second to last series. And in the final series, guess what? The Cowboys even had LESS time to score than in the first half, closing drive. So Dalton went 3-4 on passing completions and got us the win.

Imagine that.. Dalton winning games with this offense like Dak, when we actually run the ball and Zach Martin was in the game doing the run blocking.

so to summarize, you just said a whole lot of nothing....you would be correct in one series we ran more than we passed. in the next series we passed more than we ran. both series we scored... wow, I forgot the rule in the NFL that the pass/run ratio must meet certain percentages each series...I make sure to drop moore a note.....oh, yeah, I also forgot TDs in the last 2 minutes of the game don't count....yeah, I need to brush up on my NFL rules..

so I will remember for the future, in your analysis to exclude any series that we passed more than we ran, so that you can make your point and win the argument....happy now? just tell us how you want to spin things up front and we will all just nod and follow to appease you and your agenda...no problem

Last edited:

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
It wasn't meant convey praise. It was simply meant to reference them.

How could I have referenced that group in a way that would be acceptable to you?

Anyway you want again when you want to label dont tell other people not to label is all i was getting at.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Anyway you want again when you want to label dont tell other people not to label is all i was getting at.
How can I reference them without using some sort of label? Aren't groups of individuals often labeled with a name simply a a matter of convenience? No derogatory implications?

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
How can I reference them without using some sort of label? Aren't groups of individuals often labeled with a name simply a a matter of convenience? No derogatory implications?

Sure but often times it turns out that label is offensive to said group...right, Now I dont believe Rock thinks anyone likes the hater label (well maybe pappy) just like I dont believe you were not shooting a dig at him and others with your comment. Again saying "Hey Rock you and some others using the hater label is what is wrong" is not more time consuming that what you typed..you typed it because you were throwing a dig...again I dont care it just doesn't mean anything to your point you say your trying to make of "stop name calling"...you see this though.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
well, again... NFL rules are NFL rules....I don't make them up. NFL does......rational person or not..seemingly you are making your own rationalization to fit your agenda....its what Dak bashers do, its a well known fact around this message board.........so he left the game with a lead, handing the ball at the 19, which Zeke ended up scoring.....Dalton proceeded to LOSE the lead that he was handed. only heroics of Gallups saved his arse...we saw the rally Dalton the rest of the year.....never giving us a chance when it mattered...usually games over by half time.

but like I said, no point in arguing, you need to send a letter to Goodell let him know you don't like the rules and he should follow your rationalization. I am sure he will listen. give it a try, you will never know until you do

I don't need to send a letter to anyone. I don't care what the NFL does. I'm telling you no QB who leaves in the 3rd quarter of a one score game has won that game.

You want to pretend he did because you're desperate. I get it. If I was trying to make the case that Dak Prescott has talent I'd be desperate too.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't need to send a letter to anyone. I don't care what the NFL does. I'm telling you no QB who leaves in the 3rd quarter of a one score game has won that game.

You want to pretend he did because you're desperate. I get it. If I was trying to make the case that Dak Prescott has talent I'd be desperate too.
This is the new low Dak-Friendly has brought us.
A 160 million dollar QB whose fans are pushing for 1 single-game win against a sub .500 team!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

so you just said "I don't care what the NFL does"....so NFL rules don't matter to you.....got it :thumbup:.....

you want your own rules, so you spin spin spin....spin spin spin....and you are trying oh so hard to make me sound desperate....if that's what you want to prove so hard, ok...I will say it to make you happy.....I am desperate...happy now? is that your whole argument of the past few posts!!!...still NFL rules are NFL rules. I said it before. I say it again.... you can make your own rules as much as you want...oh, wait...you just said you did make your own rules....:thumbup:

your other buddy said, last 2 minutes of the game don't count....he wanted to measure everything excluding the last two minutes.

making your own rules to win an argument. now who is desperate?

khiladi

Reaction score
actually....factually, I never said after a 17-3 run...I said after the 17-3 LEAD (premature ejaculation on your part trying to argue in advance of something that never had been said!?)....I gave you the pass/run break down after we went down 17-3......stats stand as presented....you are still wrong (always)...factually that is

I never said Dak brought us back (its you and your agenda that's jumping the gun and to conclusions because you have a ready made argument you want to follow), I gave you the stats for second quarter after we went down 17-3....but as usual a dak basher (in your case dak-hater fits), is trying to change the argument, narrative....now, if as usual, you want to say between 13:35 of first quarter and 5:00 mark of the second quarter ...then you would be right, furthermore we can take a look at Dak's horrible 2nd and 3rd quarter stats in games played against AFC teams on grass north of mississipi, at the 4:00PM time slot...its just horrendous ;)

ok, I guess you want to exclude last two minutes of the game, where in that same hurry up offense we scored a TD and took the lead at half time...but hey, like I said...between 13:35 of first quarter and 5:00 mark of second quarter you would be right...go ahead...spin away.

so to summarize, you just said a whole lot of nothing....you would be correct in one series we ran more than we passed. in the next series we passed more than we ran. both series we scored... wow, I forgot the rule in the NFL that the pass/run ratio must meet certain percentages each series...I make sure to drop moore a note.....oh, yeah, I also forgot TDs in the last 2 minutes of the game don't count....yeah, I need to brush up on my NFL rules..

so I will remember for the future, in your analysis to exclude any series that we passed more than we ran, so that you can make your point and win the argument....happy now? just tell us how you want to spin things up front and we will all just nod and follow to appease you and your agenda...no problem

It is irrelevant that YOU didn't claim Dak brought us back, because you were attempting to address my post where I was arguing this claim that Dak brought us back was complete garbage. If you didn't comprehend my CLEAR point and then proceeded to argue irrelevancies, the fault is not on my side.

The reason we actually came back and won is because, Moore went to the running game. Zeke with Pollard here and there is what completely turned the tide of the same. This is all relevant, because people want to attribute the win to Dak and not Andy, claiming Dak is the won who brought us back and Andy didn't blow the game. The play-by-play is very clear that in order for Dallas to actually turn the wide, Moore completely went away from trying to win with Dak's arm, by going to the run. Dak didn't bring us back anymore than Andy did and their games were essentially identical, including the fact that Andy also had an exclusively purely passing drive with actually less time to score to end the half than Dak in the first hald. And the situation was MORE CRUCIAL situation, in that it was either win or lose, with no second half to play..

In actuality, what I said was completely correct and absolutely nothing of what you wrote actually addressed my point.

Facts are Andy basically ran an offense straight out the gate that relied on the run game, that included Zach Martin. Moore didn't need to 'adjust' this offense, because Dak is supposedly some elite QB. There is NOTHING in the game Dak did that Andy didn't do and that was the only time one can argue that the two QBs had similar circumstances last year.

Last edited:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
It is irrelevant that YOU didn't claim Dak brought us back, because you were attempting to address my post where I was arguing this claim that Dak brought us back was complete garbage. If you didn't comprehend my CLEAR point and then proceeded to argue irrelevancies, the fault is not on my side.

The reason we actually came back and won is because, Moore went to the running game. Zeke with Pollard here and there is what completely turned the tide of the same. This is all relevant, because people want to attribute the win to Dak and not Andy, claiming Dak is the won who brought us back and Andy didn't blow the game. The play-by-play is very clear that in order for Dallas to actually turn the wide, Moore completely went away from trying to win with Dak's arm, by going to the run. Dak didn't bring us back anymore than Andy did and their games were essentially identical, including the fact that Andy also had an exclusively purely passing drive with actually less time to score to end the half than Dak in the first hald. And the situation was MORE CRUCIAL situation, in that it was either win or lose, with no second half to play..

In actuality, what I said was completely correct and absolutely nothing of what you wrote actually addressed my point.

Facts are Andy basically ran an offense straight out the gate that relied on the run game, that included Zach Martin. Moore didn't need to 'adjust' this offense, because Dak is supposedly some elite QB. There is NOTHING in the game Dak did that Andy didn't do and that was the only time one can argue that the two QBs had similar circumstances last year.
we went from being down 17-3 to lead by half time....11 passes. 10 runs. you choose to ignore the last drive that we scored, but focus on the drive we ran more than we passed to fit your agenda...your choice....so moving forward, I will ignore anything we do in the last 2 minutes of a half for your convenience.....

you were partially correct, because you only focused on one series to make a general case. your choice...I know how you all work. only focus on partial facts....got it :thumbup:

btw, lets not forget Andy lost the basically 8 point lead he was handed....then got lucky in the end....

you clearly lack basic understanding of managing a football game and ebbs and flows of what needs to be done in a game to win...again you are right on the single drive your focused on...we ran more than we passed....

Last edited:

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
I think Dak is going to have a HUGE year if he stays healthy. Only two things he needs to work on is consistency and starting fast. IMO

khiladi

Reaction score
we went from being down 17-3 to lead by half time....11 passes. 10 runs. you choose to ignore the last drive that we scored, but focus on the drive we ran more than we passed to fit your agenda...your choice....so moving forward, I will ignore anything we do in the last 2 minutes of a half for your convenience.....

you were partially correct, because you only focused on one series to make a general case. your choice...I know how you all work. only focus on partial facts....got it :thumbup:

btw, lets not forget Andy lost the basically 8 point lead he was handed....then got lucky in the end....

you clearly lack basic understanding of managing a football game and ebbs and flows of what needs to be done in a game to win...again you are right on the single drive your focused on...we ran more than we passed....

No, I was completely correct, as far what my contention was. You were completely wrong in your response to me as far as what my contention was. And you think by continuing to dig deeper into trying to argue what your point was, as if it was my point, somehow redeems your argument, it doesn’t.

In fact, it is obvious that you are trying hard to give credit to Dak, as opposed to Andy, which is why you then proceed to tell me how Andy “lost a lead”. But guess what? If you want to go to Andy “losing a lead”, he came back from that. Just like Dak supposedly “came back” from the 17-3 score that he was “responsible” for in the first place. So Andy accomplished what the 160 million dollar QB did, but even in more glorious fashion..

but again, none of that changes the fact that Moore went completely away from “the Dak Attack” to catch up. The game was won on the back of our run game. Dak going “hurry up” with 50 seconds on the half ok obvious passing situations against soft zone added by a roughing the passer penalty, does ZERO for you as regards my point. Just as I stated before. Moore once again in the third came out running the ball, and we were gaining significant yardage on the ground. There were 5 runs in the 3rd averaging about 8 YPC and 2 passes, one of them incomplete, before Dak busted his leg on a 9 yard RUN.

And Dalton then got sacked, threw an 11 yard pass on a third and 6 and guess what, Zeke waltzes in for a TD on a 12 yard carry.

Facts are the Giants couldn’t stop the run. It was Zeke and some Pollard which actually won the game after Moore started to make them the primary gi use of the offense and there is really nothing you can do to spin these facts.

Last edited:

Brax

Reaction score
No I don't. I respond to them when they make a disparaging remark. Quit trying to put the blame on me. I'm on the right side, the positive side, the glass is half full side. These yahoos bring down the enjoyment of this forum. I try to get them to stop and think about it. Some do, and the haters and trolls don't.
This is rich, mr. hate maker himself just trying to help save the fans by name calling and insulting them and daily trolling the forum , god best laugh of the week.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
No, I was completely correct, as far what my contention was. You were completely wrong in your response to me as far as what my contention was. And you think by continuing to dig deeper into trying to argue what your point was, as if it was my point, somehow redeems your argument, it doesn’t.

In fact, it is obvious that you are trying hard to give credit to Dak, as opposed to Andy, which is why you then proceed to tell me how Andy “lost a lead”. But guess what? If you want to go to Andy “losing a lead”, he came back from that. Just like Dak supposedly “came back” from the 17-3 score that he was “responsible” for in the first place. So Andy accomplished what the 160 million dollar QB did, but even in more glorious fashion..

but again, none of that changes the fact that Moore went completely away from “the Dak Attack” to catch up. The game was won on the back of our run game. Dak going “hurry up” with 50 seconds on the half ok obvious passing situations against soft zone added by a roughing the passer penalty, does ZERO for you as regards my point. Just as I stated before. Moore once again in the third came out running the ball, and we were gaining significant yardage on the ground. There were 5 runs in the 3rd averaging about 8 YPC and 2 passes, one of them incomplete, before Dak busted his leg on a 9 yard RUN.

And Dalton then got sacked, threw an 11 yard pass on a third and 6 and guess what, Zeke waltzes in for a TD on a 12 yard carry.

Facts are the Giants couldn’t stop the run. It was Zeke and some Pollard which actually won the game after Moore started to make them the primary gi use of the offense and there is really nothing you can do to spin these facts.
your entire argument is based on one series.....that's it...nothing more....you said you want to ignore the 2 minute offense and the rest of the game right?....again just nit picking what fits your argument. do you mind if I do the same?

and I never gave dak credit or discredited him...you are trying oh so hard to discredit dak, that's your agenda. I have none....I look at facts as I always do....11 passes, 10 runs after cowboys were down 17-3...

like I said, you have minimal understanding of how football games ebb and flow....you keep displaying that ignorance, voluntarily no less....so you are saying teams play soft defense when only ahead by a score in the first half of a game, with a minute to go....that's what you just said....how do you just make this stuff up as you go....you all are such spinners..

dude quit while you are behind...you are in quick sand and neck deep......

and facts show Andy sucked, still sucks...if you are so in love with Andy, perhaps you should go follow the Bears.......we all understand your passion and man love for Romo and that you just can't forgive Dak for pushing him to retirement....and you keep wanting to diss him thinking it will make you feel better......but it doesn't. does it?

oh, btw, We rushed for 126, passed for 288....so the Giants couldn't stop the run! and that's what won the game for us. 126 yards of rushing was the difference in the game!?...but cleveland rushes for 300 yards and its Dak and the offenses fault for losing the game...got it!!!

khiladi

Reaction score
your entire argument is based on one series.....that's it...nothing more....you said you want to ignore the 2 minute offense and the rest of the game right?....again just nit picking what fits your argument. do you mind if I do the same?

and I never gave dak credit or discredited him...you are trying oh so hard to discredit dak, that's your agenda. I have none....I look at facts as I always do....11 passes, 10 runs after cowboys were down 17-3...

like I said, you have minimal understanding of how football games ebb and flow....you keep displaying that ignorance, voluntarily no less....so you are saying teams play soft defense when only ahead by a score in the first half of a game, with a minute to go....that's what you just said....how do you just make this stuff up as you go....you all are such spinners..

dude quit while you are behind...you are in quick sand and neck deep......

and facts show Andy sucked, still sucks...if you are so in love with Andy, perhaps you should go follow the Bears.......we all understand your passion and man love for Romo and that you just can't forgive Dak for pushing him to retirement....and you keep wanting to diss him thinking it will make you feel better......but it doesn't. does it?

oh, btw, We rushed for 126, passed for 288....so the Giants couldn't stop the run! and that's what won the game for us. 126 yards of rushing was the difference in the game!?...but cleveland rushes for 300 yards and its Dak and the offenses fault for losing the game...got it!!!

Again, to repeat::

Absolutely nothing of what you stated addresses this point. You attempted to respond to my argument with a completely WRONG CONTENTION and you still continue to try and defend your WRONG CONTENTION, and I simply don't care what your WRONG CONTENTION is, because it has no bearing on what MY CONTENTION was. Like I said from the very beginning:

All one has to do is look at the full play by play of that game, and one will realize it was actually Zeke and the RG that won that game. After the Giants built the league, Moore completely went away from “pass-attack” Dak, to feed the ball to Zeke, with some Pollard.

Dak threw it a whopping 12 times in the first quarter alone, including throwing 1 INT, returned for a TD. That’s how the Giants went up 17-3.

The very first series in the 2nd quarter, Zeke touched the ball 9 times and Pollard 1 time. Zeke ran it in for a TD. That drive took up 7 minutes to make it 17-10, then we got a fumble return for a TD.

So in one series alone, to start the second, Zeke touched the ball 9 times and Pollard 1, which is only 2 less than Dak threw the whole first quarter and the very next series we got a fumble returned for a TD putting us right back in the game. We even gifted the Giants a TD on the back of "air Dak" in the first quarter, so in reality, Dak didn't lead any comeback. Zeke and Pollard and the defense brought us back.

Facts are won because Moore decided to take the ball away from "air attack Dak" and feed Zeke the ball, while interspersing it with Pollard, both of whom kept racking up significant yardage per carry. This continued with Andy in the game as well and just like when Dak was in, Andy continued running the offense that basically relied on the running game period. Hurry up situations in KNOWN passing situations against soft zones have no bearing on this point, whether for Andy or Dak, except with Andy it wasn't a soft zone, because the game was on the line and all the Cowboys needed was a FG. The Giants with Dak on the other hand could go soft, because they still had another half to play.

Those are the facts, whether you like it or not. It doesn't matter what happened in any other game, what we are looking at is the Giants game AND THE OFFENSE, which has it's own context and in which both Andy and Dak played under SAME circumstances. The Cle game is just another irrelevancy you brought up a game where Dak should have been picked off like 12 times...

Last edited:

Tarheelcowboy

Reaction score
Ahh dang another thread of how great DAK is but ain't !

I ain't no hater but Dak ain't great if anything he is average if not just below.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Again, to repeat::

Absolutely nothing of what you stated addresses this point. You attempted to respond to my argument with a completely WRONG CONTENTION and you still continue to try and defend your WRONG CONTENTION, and I simply don't care what your WRONG CONTENTION is, because it has no bearing on what MY CONTENTION was. Like I said from the very beginning:

So in one series alone, to start the second, Zeke touched the ball 9 times and Pollard 1, which is only 2 less than Dak threw the whole first quarter and the very next series we got a fumble returned for a TD putting us right back in the game. We even gifted the Giants a TD on the back of "air Dak" in the first quarter, so in reality, Dak didn't lead any comeback. Zeke and Pollard and the defense brought us back.

Facts are won because Moore decided to take the ball away from "air attack Dak" and feed Zeke the ball, while interspersing it with Pollard, both of whom kept racking up significant yardage per carry. This continued with Andy in the game as well and just like when Dak was in, Andy continued running the offense that basically relied on the running game period. Hurry up situations in KNOWN passing situations against soft zones have no bearing on this point, whether for Andy or Dak, except with Andy it wasn't a soft zone, because the game was on the line and all the Cowboys needed was a FG. The Giants with Dak on the other hand could go soft, because they still had another half to play.

Those are the facts, whether you like it or not. It doesn't matter what happened in any other game, what we are looking at is the Giants game AND THE OFFENSE, which has it's own context and in which both Andy and Dak played under SAME circumstances. The Cle game is just another irrelevancy you brought up a game where Dak should have been picked off like 12 times...
sorry, I am speaking at nuclear physics level and you are still learning kindergarten math....enjoy your math..