Twitter: Prescott to sign franchise tender

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I'm sure this has probably been asked and answered already, but what if the season gets cancelled? I was too lazy to look thru all the posts. Does Dak still get paid this year?

Once he signs the tag........his salary is treated like any other player under contract. In other words, the tag becomes a one year contract. If for example, the league and players association nego a reduced schedule to say 12 games, his salary would be adjusted/amended like all other players for games not played.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
he was issued the tag..so he has to sign it, then as long as he signs a long term deal prior to july 15th, the tag will be voided out. Once your issued the tag, you gotta either sign it or other arrangements must be remedied. So it stands to reason hes signing it now. That tells me, in MY opinion at a deal is very close.
well u could be right, I will predict no contract by the 15th, unless jones boys cave and give him the 4 year deal he wants.
To get him to sign a 5 year deal would be for 37 mil a year avg and over 110 g.

I still think dak signed tag now because he has decided to just play on the tag.
And I dont think he will hold out at all, he needs to play and keep dalton on the bench.

you know we all are tired of the contract talk, but how do you think dak feels about it????
I bet he is sick of hearing all the different ins and outs of contract offers lol , and said screw it,
I will just play on tag and be done with it for now.

pete026

Reaction score
Why now, why early?

My only guess would be Dak and his agent knew he would eventually sign it and with all going on in the world and the endless media distractions, Dak's Mom whispered in his ear and told him to sign it. France probably advised against it but Dak's Mom overruled him LOL.

But in the back of my mind, a little part of me would have enjoyed the following scenario:

1. Dak holds out.
2. Dalton starts and gets the team on a roll.
3. Cowboys and Dak come to terms on a contract at some point in the season.

The funny part would be the NASCAR 40 car pileup this place would have in regards to the decision on the starting QB. Posters bumping fenders, steering/countersteering to avoid the carnage then bickering and fighting on the infield grass.

Would have made for some entertainment seeing how fast the two sides would change their previous "logic"?????

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Once he signs the tag........his salary is treated like any other player under contract. In other words, the tag becomes a one year contract. If for example, the league and players association nego a reduced schedule to say 12 games, his salary would be adjusted/amended like all other players for games not played.
yes, and no season would hurt the rookies and udfa players the most, I think they would get x amount for TC, maybe any bonus money,
but no pay for season, unless they have something set up for that situation.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Jerry waits until the facilities are open to give Dak the OK to sign the long term deal. Press conference on location at the Star in Frisco to follow.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I'm told he's wonderful.
I’m told this board has smart posters. You just proved that wrong too. What I’m asking is since you think he’s garbage who is giving us 2 firsts? All the people who want to trade Dak for first round picks with one hand and say he sucks with the other make me laugh. It makes no sense

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Why now, why early?

My only guess would be Dak and his agent knew he would eventually sign it and with all going on in the world and the endless media distractions, Dak's Mom whispered in his ear and told him to sign it. France probably advised against it but Dak's Mom overruled him LOL.

But in the back of my mind, a little part of me would have enjoyed the following scenario:

1. Dak holds out.
2. Dalton starts and gets the team on a roll.
3. Cowboys and Dak come to terms on a contract at some point in the season.

The funny part would be the NASCAR 40 car pileup this place would have in regards to the decision on the starting QB. Posters bumping fenders, steering/countersteering to avoid the carnage then bickering and fighting on the infield grass.

Would have made for some entertainment seeing how fast the two sides would change their previous "logic"?????
# 3 cant happen lol ....you need to read the whole thread!
# 2 would be fun
# 1 wont happen

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
For the trolls and liars on here who think he had to sign it to negotiate a deal... we all know that D-Law got tagged two years in a row. In 2018 he signed the tender and ended up playing on it. In 2019 he was again tagged but eventually signed his long term contract.
So when in 2019 did Lawrence sign the tender before signing the long term deal? Anybody got a link?

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I’m told this board has smart posters. You just proved that wrong too. What I’m asking is since you think he’s garbage who is giving us 2 firsts? All the people who want to trade Dak for first round picks with one hand and say he sucks with the other make me laugh. It makes no sense
I'll take what I can get. A forth, a 3rd, 2 firsts, whatever.

But since he is supposedly so great, 2 firsts should be a piece of cake, right?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Well the reason they made it 2 firsts, is so it wont happen .
and aside from mahomes I dont know that any team would give up 2 # 1s for any qb.
We wanted jamal from the jets, but not for 2 # 1s

Now if they had put the other tag on dak then they could have found out if other teams want him and what they would pay for him, and then
we just match that offer to keep him. That was the smart move, but jones boys used the wrong tag.

Rayman70

Reaction score
well u could be right, I will predict no contract by the 15th, unless jones boys cave and give him the 4 year deal he wants.
To get him to sign a 5 year deal would be for 37 mil a year avg and over 110 g.

I still think dak signed tag now because he has decided to just play on the tag.
And I dont think he will hold out at all, he needs to play and keep dalton on the bench.

you know we all are tired of the contract talk, but how do you think dak feels about it????
I bet he is sick of hearing all the different ins and outs of contract offers lol , and said screw it,
I will just play on tag and be done with it for now.
WHAT IT DOES BY SIGNING THE TAG NOW IS, IT BUYS MORE DAYS BEFORE THE DEADLINE TO NEGOTIATE A BETTER DEAL...AN EXTENSION. This is how it was always going to play out. He's not going to be playing on the tag.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry waits until the facilities are open to give Dak the OK to sign the long term deal. Press conference on location at the Star in Frisco to follow.
violin-steve-buscemi.gif