Game Day ***Preseason 4 Game Cowboys vs Raiders thread***

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We lose the first half with what's his face and win the 2nd half and the game with Rush.

That's the headline.

There needs to be a come to Carsus meeting here while there's still time before the start of the season because a change needs to be made.

bark

Reaction score
I'm really having trouble with what to do at RB if Elliott isn't suspended. My instinct is to cut Morris because of what he can't do (special teams, receiving, mediocre pass protector) but he's been pretty sweet as a runner.
Garrett loves Morris. I think he stays

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
He should be the starter in Elliott's absence. No doubt about it. A wheelbarrow is more elusive than McFadden.

Yes, the fact that McFadden is coming in second behind Morris clearly means that Morris will start instead of McFadden.

Two different type runners that have both showed effectiveness, but McFadden is the starter in Elliott's absence.

stiletto

Reaction score
I would like the coaches to be able to explain how Kellen Moore is remotely a better option than Rush after tonight's performance. It will be laughable if they don't make Rush #2.
Garrett loves Morris. I think he stays

I really kind feel that McFadden and Morris are going to be a nice 1 2 punch the first 6 games. i think people who are melting down about Zeke might be pleasantly surprised. I am not 100% sure on it just a gut feeling. We'll see...

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, the fact that McFadden is coming in second behind Morris clearly means that Morris will start instead of McFadden.

Two different type runners that have both showed effectiveness, but McFadden is the starter in Elliott's absence.

I said he should be the starter. Not he would be the starter.

McFadden is a role player. Nothing more. Morris is without a doubt a better starting RB.

Zman5

Reaction score
Not saying Rush is as good as Dak but the staff should know how to manage a rookie QB as a backup if they were able to manage a rookie as the starting QB. Just use the knowledge they gained from last year.

What good is experience when you can't physically play?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Louis Neal may also make the team with the two 7th rounders being cut.
If they were grading fairly, absolutely.

Those two look like maybe practice squad players. If for anything to save the embarassent of totally blowing two draft picks.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I said he should be the starter. Not he would be the starter.

McFadden is a role player. Nothing more. Morris is without a doubt a better starting RB.

Whoops. Read it as would.

I don't agree with your assessment. I think both players have abilities that can be beneficial in the role and both have drawbacks. McFadden's drawbacks are that his vision and movement skills are limited. Morris' drawbacks are that he's a poor pass catcher and so-so pass protector.